This easy no bake cheesecake with strawberries is a delicious and simple dessert that’s perfect for the hot days of summer. Made with a graham cracker crust, creamy filling, and a delicious fresh strawberry sauce mixed in, this cake is ready for any occasion.
You’re going to love this simple no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe. It’s so wonderfully smooth and topped with a tangy sweet sauce you can’t help but fall in love with. It’s the perfect dessert for Spring or Summer when those strawberries come off the vine and start hitting sale prices in the grocery store. Serve yours at any BBQs or special gatherings, or simply serve it up for a weekend treat.
No Bake Cheesecake
No bake cheesecakes are a deliciously thick and creamy cheesecake filling that does not require any eggs so with a few hours of chilling in the fridge, it’s ready to slice and eat. Some recipes require the use of gelatin or Cool Whip to stabilize their pies, but we don’t need either of those in this simple recipe. Getting delicious results without too many ingredients or steps is what makes this the best no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe around.
Strawberry Cheesecake Ingredients
For the Strawberry Sauce, you will need:
-Strawberries: You will need 2 ½ cups of fresh strawberries that have been washed, stemmed, and halved.
-Sugar: ¼ cup of granulated sugar will give us a bit of sweetness and help to thicken the sauce slightly as it cooks.
-Water: To help add liquids to our berries and create a good strawberry sauce we will need ¼ cup of water.
For the Cheesecake Crust, you will need:
-Graham cracker crumbs: You will need 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs for the crust of the cheesecake.
-Butter: 6 tablespoons of melted butter will help to wetten and bind the graham crumbs into
For the Cheesecake Filling, you will need:
-Cream cheese: You will need 2 8-ounce sized bricks of cream cheese that have been thawed to room temperature.
-Sugar: Using ¾ cups of granulated sugar in our filling will make it nice and sweet.
-Salt: You only need ½ teaspoon of salt to help enhance the flavors in this cheesecake recipe.
-Vanilla: Adding 1 teaspoon of vanilla will help to flavor our cheesecake well. Higher quality vanillas taste even better, but use what you have on hand.
-Heavy cream: You will need 1 cup of heavy cream to help add “fluff” to the cheesecake filling and to make it taste “lighter”.
How to make no bake strawberry cheesecake
To make the Strawberry Sauce
Add the strawberries, sugar, and water to a blender and puree until smooth.
Transfer the strawberry mixture to a medium sized saucepan.
Cook the sauce over medium-low heat until the mixture thickens. This should take about 10-15 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and allow the sauce to cool to room temperature.
To make the crust
Spray an 8 inch springform pan with cooking spray.
Combine the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter in a medium sized bowl.
Pour the crust mixture into your greased pan and press down using your fingers to create a crust at the bottom of the pan.
Pop the crust into the freezer for 15 minutes while you prepare the filling.
To make Cheesecake filling
Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, salt, and vanilla until smooth and creamy in a large bowl using an electric mixer.
In another bowl, beat your heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
Using a spatula, fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake filling until it’s been completely combined.
Divide the filling into 2 bowls and set one aside.
In one bowl, add in all but 2 tablespoons of the strawberry sauce and mix to combine. Save the reserved 2 tablespoons of sauce for later.
Pour the plain cheesecake filling into your prepared crust and smooth out into an even layer. Tap the pan against the counter a few times to allow the layer to settle.
Add the strawberry filling on top and smooth it out using a rubber spatula.
Dollop the reserved strawberry sauce onto the pie and then swirl it around using a butterknife or wooden skewer. Do not go too deep with the knife, you only want to swirl the top, not the bottom layers.
Cover your cheesecake with plastic wrap or cling wrap and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours or preferably overnight.
Slice and serve chilled. Enjoy!
No-bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries washed, stemmed and halved
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 Tbsp butter melted
- 16 oz cream cheese bricks room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
To make the Strawberry Sauce
- To a blender, add strawberries, sugar and water. Blend until puréed.
- Transfer strawberry purée into a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat until the sauce thickens, about 10-15 mins.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
To make the crust
- Spray an 8-inch springform pan lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter.
- Pour the crust mix into the prepared springform pan and press with your fingers into the bottom of the pan.
- Pop into the freezer for 15 minutes while you prepare the filling.
To make Cheesecake filling
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand whisk, whisk the cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- In another bowl, whisk the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- With a spatula, fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake filling until completely combined.
- Divide the filling into 2. Set one half of the filling aside
- To the other half of the filling, add in all but 2 TBSP of the strawberry sauce and mix well to combine (so reserve 2 TBSP of strawberry sauce in this step for later).
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust, starting with the plain white filling. Smooth it out with a spatula and tap the pan on the kitchen counter a couple of times to allow this first layer to settle.
- Then add the strawberry flavored filling on top and smooth it out with a spatula.
- Add the reserved strawberry sauce in dollops on top of the cheesecake and use a thin knife to make swirl patterns on the surface of cheesecake. Do not go too deep with the skewer/knife so as not to distort the cheesecake layers.
- Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight preferably. Serve chilled & enjoy!
Can I use frozen strawberries instead of fresh?
Absolutely! You can use frozen strawberries (or any berry) just make sure to follow these tips. Do not add the requested extra water, and make sure to thaw the berries first. So instead of water, berries, and sugar, you will just want thawed berries and sugar. This is because the thawed berries are wet enough on their own and adding water will cause them to become soupier than desired.
Why did my no bake cheesecake not set?
If you over whip the whipped cream, it’ll essentially become butter + whey, and the results may be less than stable. Other reasons could be too much liquid in the strawberry sauce or possibly not enough time chilling in the fridge. You can speed up the chilling process or firm the cheesecake faster by placing it in the freezer.
More delicious no bake cheesecake recipes:
- EASY NO BAKE CHEESECAKE
- MINI NO-BAKE CHEESECAKES
- CARAMEL NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE
- MINI NO-BAKE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKES
- NO BAKE MINI OREO CHEESECAKES
- NO-BAKE LEMON CHEESECAKE
- NO BAKE MINI LEMON CHEESECAKES
- NO-BAKE CRANBERRY CHEESECAKE
You’re going to love this simple and easy no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe. Made with just a few ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you can have a creamy cheesecake that’s perfect for summer.
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake made with a graham cracker crust, creamy cheesecake filling, & blended fresh strawberries! Double layer cheesecake with fantastic berry flavor perfect for summer!