Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza is a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe is a great way to eat more veggies while still enjoying a tasty snack!
What is Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza?
Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza is a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer or snack that is perfect for any occasion. This dish is made by layering a creamy mixture of cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Ranch dressing mix onto a sheet of crescent roll dough, and then topping it with a colorful array of grated broccoli, grated carrots, chopped bell peppers, and sliced chives.
The crescent roll dough is pre-baked and then cooled before the cream cheese mixture is spread on top. This helps to prevent the cream cheese from melting and becoming too runny. The vegetables are then added on top of the cream cheese mixture, creating a beautiful dish that is perfect for any party or gathering.
Why we think you’ll love this recipe:
- Versatility. You can easily customize the toppings to suit your taste preferences, or to use up any vegetables you have on hand.
- Easy prep. This dish only takes about 20 minutes to prep. You can make it ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until it’s ready to serve, making it a great option for busy hosts.
- Impressive. Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza is a tasty and colorful dish that is sure to impress your guests. With its creamy, flavorful base and fresh, healthy toppings, it’s the perfect appetizer or snack for any occasion.
Ingredients in Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza
Making a crescent roll veggie pizza is a great way to enjoy a delicious and healthy meal. This recipe is perfect for those who love the combination of fresh vegetables and a buttery, flaky crust. Here are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe:
Crescent rolls – You will need two packages of the crescent rolls that are found in tubes in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. Pillsbury makes some or you can use a store brand if you prefer.
Cream cheese – Use 16 ounces of cream cheese as part of the mixture that is spread over the crust. You can use regular, low-fat or non-fat cream cheese.
Mayonnaise – You can use regular or low-fat mayonnaise. You can swap this out with plain Greek yogurt, but the taste won’t be quite the same.
Ranch dressing mix – A one ounce package of dry Ranch dressing mix will help to flavor the cheesy spread in the pizza.
Veggies – You will need grated broccoli, grated carrots and finely chopped red and yellow bell peppers. Add some thinly sliced chives as well, along with any other veggies that you have on hand.
How to make Easy Veggie Pizza recipe
Crescent Roll Dough Preparation
To start making the Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza, preheat the oven to 350°. Take the refrigerated crescent rolls out of the packaging and unravel both rolls onto a baking sheet. You may need to puzzle piece parts of the roll together to get it to fill the whole sheet. Push the seams together so it forms one layer. Then prick the crescent roll dough with a fork so air bubbles do not form while baking. Bake the dough for about 10 minutes, then set it aside to cool.
Veggies and Cheese Preparation
While the crescent roll dough is baking, prepare the vegetables. Grate the broccoli and carrots and finely chop the red and yellow bell peppers and chives. In a stand mixer bowl, add the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, and powdered Ranch dressing mix and cream them together.
Using a baking spatula, spread an even layer of the cream cheese mixture onto the baked crescent roll dough. Cover the cream cheese layer with the grated broccoli, grated carrots, chopped bell peppers, and sliced chives. If desired, add other vegetables such as mushrooms, cucumber, or shredded spinach dip.
Wrap the top of the veggie pizza sheet with plastic wrap and allow it to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. This step is crucial to allow the flavors to meld together and for the pizza to set. Once chilled, cut the pizza into squares and serve.
CRESCENT ROLL VEGGIE PIZZA
- 2 8-oz. tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1-oz. package powdered Ranch dressing mix
- ½ cup grated broccoli
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- ¼ cup thinly sliced chives
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Prepare and chop the vegetables as described in the ingredients list.
- Take the crescent roll dough out of its packaging and unravel both rolls onto a baking sheet (you may need to puzzle piece parts of the roll together to get it to fill the whole sheet). Push the seams together so it forms one layer. Then prick the crescent roll dough with a fork so air bubbles do not form while baking.
- Bake the dough for about 10 minutes, then set it aside to cool.
- Add the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Ranch dressing mix to a stand mixer bowl and cream them together. Using a baking spatula, spread an even layer of the mixture onto the baked crescent roll dough.
- Cover the cream cheese layer with the grated broccoli, grated carrots, chopped bell peppers, and sliced chives.
- Wrap the top of the veggie pizza sheet with plastic wrap and allow it to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Cut into squares, serve, and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
What to Serve with Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza?
Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza is a delicious appetizer that can be served on its own or as part of a larger meal. Here are a few suggestions for what to serve with this tasty dish:
Adding a fresh salad to your meal can be a great way to balance out the richness of the Veggie Pizza. A simple green salad with a light vinaigrette dressing can be a great choice. Alternatively, you could opt for a more substantial salad with a mix of vegetables, nuts, and seeds.
Fruit can be a refreshing addition to any meal, and it pairs particularly well with the savory flavors of the Veggie Pizza. Sliced apples, grapes, or berries can be a great choice. Alternatively, you could serve a fruit salad with a mix of seasonal fruits.
If you’re looking for a more substantial option, a charcuterie board can be a great choice. This can include a mix of meats, cheeses, crackers, and other snacks. The savory flavors of the Veggie Pizza can be balanced out by the salty and savory flavors of the charcuterie board.
Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza FAQs
For those who are new to making crescent roll veggie pizza, or for those who have questions about this recipe, here are some frequently asked questions and answers to help guide you through the process.
Can I use homemade crescent roll dough instead of store-bought?
Yes, you can use homemade crescent roll dough instead of store-bought. However, keep in mind that the baking time may vary depending on the thickness and texture of the dough.
Can I use different vegetables in this recipe?
Yes, you can use different vegetables in this recipe. Feel free to experiment with your favorite veggies or use what you have on hand. Just be sure to chop them into small pieces.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. Simply prepare the veggie pizza as directed, then cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. It should keep well for up to 2-3 days.
Can I freeze leftover veggie pizza?
A: This veggie pizza doesn’t freeze very well because of the cream cheese topping. It is definitely best fresh!
Can I use a different type of dressing mix?
A: Yes, you can use a different type of dressing mix if you prefer. Ranch dressing mix is a popular choice for this recipe, but you could also try using Italian, Greek, or Caesar dressing mix for a different flavor. Just be sure to adjust the amount of mayonnaise and cream cheese accordingly to get the right consistency.
Can I reduce the calories in veggie pizza?
There are a few ways to lighten up this appetizer without sacrificing taste. You can start by using reduced fat crescent rolls. You can also use low-fat or non-fat cream cheese and you can use light mayonnaise as well. Or you could even swap the mayonnaise with plain Greek yogurt. The taste won’t be exactly the same, but you’ll cut the fat and calories while adding a bit of protein as well!
Love Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza? More delicious appetizer recipes to try:
- Chicken Cream Cheese Dip
- Blackberry Caprese Appetizer
- Cheesy Ranch Chicken Dip
- Cheeseburger Rolls
- Sausage Crescent Rolls
- Bacon Wrapped Meatballs
- Texas Trash Bean Dip
- BBQ Chicken Wontons
- Crockpot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Caprese Pops
- Easy Ranch Sausage Rolls
- Cheesy Salsa Dip
- Chicken Parmesan Appetizer
- Lil Smokies & Meatball Appetizer
Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza is a quick and easy appetizer that is perfect for any occasion. With its delicious combination of creamy and crunchy textures, this dish is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.