A friend of mine told me about this yummy “soup” she had on a cruise. I went on a cruise once and was so seasick the whole time that I don’t remember any of the food… so I’ll live vicariously through others:)
I finished off my remaining handful of ripe peaches by making this fun and different treat! I’ve yet to figure out if “Chilled Peach Soup” is an appetizer or a dessert, but I’m leaning more toward dessert. It was really easy, and was actually very refreshing!
Chilled Peach Soup
- 3 sliced (and peeled) peaches
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/4 c. cream
- 1 tbsp. sugar (to taste)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- Stir all ingredients together in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves.
- Cook on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Cool.
- Blend until smooth. Refrigerate again until ready to serve (chilled).
- Top with mint leaves, cream, or fresh fruit!