Chilled Peach Soup made with fresh peaches, sugar, cream & vanilla! Cool off with this unique peaches & cream dessert!
This peach soup can be served as an appetizer or dessert, the fresh flavors and creamy texture are sure to satisfy! The fresh peaches, combined with the rich cream, create the most delicious and different peaches ‘n cream treat you’ve ever had.
What is chilled peach soup?
This recipe is a perfect blend of sweet, fresh, creamy, and rich flavors. It’s not too light or too heavy, giving you a perfect balance of texture in every bite. Chilled peach soup is a simple and basic dish that is easy to prepare but will require a few hours to chill in the fridge before serving, so plan accordingly. You can blend it until smooth in a blender or a food processor. If you are having a dinner party, you can serve it as the first course as a treat-like appetizer, or you can serve it at the end as a dessert. Either way, it’s always an unexpected, but well received, treat.
Why You’ll Love This Simple Chilled Soup Recipe
- It is so unique! Chilled soups aren’t anything new, but they are pretty rare in most cases because you wouldn’t expect it. This soup may not be great for warming up on a cold day, but it is certainly perfect for a hot summer day.
- Minimal ingredients. You only need a handful of ingredients to make this recipe from start to finish keeping it pretty simple. With only 5 ingredients, the likely hood of having some of them in your kitchen already is pretty high.
- You can make it in advance. This soup is best when chilled, so go ahead and prepare it hours or days in advance and keep it chilling until ready to serve. It is a great dish to prepare ahead of time and take one thing off your list for the day of your event.
Chilled Peach Soup Ingredients
Peaches: You will need 3 cups of sliced and peeled peaches, preferably fresh and ripe.
Water: Add in ¼ cup of water to help create the perfect soup consistency.
Half & Half: Using ¾ cup of half & half, will add richness, creaminess, and help to thicken the base of the soup.
Sugar: You only need about 1 tablespoon of sugar, but you can add more to taste. This really just depends on how tart your peaches may be and how sweet you want the soup.
Vanilla extract: With 1 tablespoon of vanilla added into the mix, this will help enhance all the wonderful flavors in every bite.
Step by step on how to make Chilled Peach Soup
Get started by peeling the fresh, ripe peaches and remove the pits. Then slice into thin slices, cut each half into 6 slices if you can.
Next, in a saucepan, over low heat, combine the slices peaches, water, half & half, sugar and vanilla extract. Stir all ingredients together until the sugar has dissolved.
Continue to cook on low for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Then let the mixture cool for about 5 minutes.
Proceed to transfer the contents in the saucepan into a blender and then blend until nice and smooth.
After that, place the peach soup mix in a covered container and put in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours, until ready to serve. Believe me, this soup is meant to be served chilled, so it is important to not skip this step.
When you are ready to serve, pour soup into individual serving bowls, then top each bowl with mint leaves, a few drops of cream, or even more fresh fruit.
Serve and enjoy!
Chilled Peach Soup
- 3 peaches sliced & peeled (about 3 cups)
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup half & half
- 1 tbsp sugar to taste
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Prep: Get started by peeling the fresh, ripe peaches and remove the pits. Then slice into thin slices, cut each half into 6 slices if you can.
- Cook: Next, in a saucepan, over low heat, combine the sliced peaches, water, half& half, sugar and vanilla extract. Stir all ingredients together until the sugar has dissolved. Continue to cook on low for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Then let the mixture cool for about 5 minutes.
- Blend: Proceed to transfer the contents in the saucepan into a blender and then blend until nice and smooth.
- Chill: After that, place the peach soup mix in a covered container and put in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours, until ready to serve. Believe me, this soup is meant to be served chilled, so it is important to not skip this step.
- Serve: When you are ready to serve, pour soup into individual serving bowls, then top each bowl with mint leaves, a few drops of cream, or even more fresh fruit. Serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
When do you serve chilled peach soup?
This soup would be a great dish served on anniversaries or at a dinner party for an interesting addition to any meal. But it could be just as much fun serving up to the kids over the weeknight as a special treat.
Can I replace half & half with more milk?
While yes, you could definitely make this swap, the big difference will be that the end results are less creamy. If you are okay with that, then go for it!
How long is leftover peach soup good for?
This chilled soup can be kept stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 or 4 days. I recommend eating it while it is fresh for the best tasting results, but since this dish doesn’t take any reheating, it’s even more convenient to grab and eat.
Try more cool and refreshing dessert recipes you’ll love here:
- FROZEN PEANUT BUTTER PIE
- LEMON ICEBOX PIE
- RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE SHAKES
- DIRTY CHERRY DR PEPPER FLOAT
- NO BAKE PEACHES AND CREAM PIE
- FROZEN RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE BARS
- APPLE PIE MILKSHAKES
- FROZEN ORANGE JUICE SHORTCUT
- SKINNY OREO MILKSHAKE
- NO BAKE PUMPKIN PIE
- FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE
- STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM PIE
- SKINNY CHOCOLATE ICE CUBE SHAKE
- STRAWBERRY BANANA ICE CREAM FLOAT
- NO BAKE MINI LEMON CHEESECAKES
Chilled Peach Soup is made with only 5 ingredients, fresh peaches, water, sugar, cream & vanilla! Enjoy this unique peaches & cream dessert as an appetizer or treat, it’s satisfying both ways.
I didn't see where there was sugar in the recipe amounts, but then you said to stir until the sugar dissolves? Just checking to see if that made sense….
Amanda Petersen says
you're right! sorry, i just added it in- i put in about 1 tbsp. (to taste)- it depends how ripe your peaches are, and how sweet you'd like your soup!
Lynn Morgan says
In the directions where it says to blend until smooth, is that in a blender or did you do it some other way. I also went on a cruise and had this soup, it was delicious. I cannot wait to try it!
You can use a blender or a food processor. : )
Lynn Morgan says
what type of cream did you use
Mary B Alluisi says
The peaches I bought are huge so I’m wondering about how many cups of peaches.
You’ll need roughly 3 cups of sliced peaches
food Keyword says
i like your blog