Cheesy Chicken Sliders are a great quick snack to serve to your kids after school. This chicken sliders recipe only has 5 ingredients and is ready in just about 15 minutes!
These chicken sliders are quick to make and disappear just as fast! Make this easy snack recipe for a filling dish that the whole family can enjoy.
Chicken Slider Snack Bites
We are two days away from the start of the new school year and to be honest, I don’t feel ready. I always go into summer carefree, determined to not over schedule and enjoy the days. By August I’m singing a different tune. The list of household chores that must be done before school starts is posted to the wall. I try and clean out the pantry, fridge and freezer to get ready for school lunches, after school snacks and fast, easy dinner options. The one I struggle with the most is snacks. They can be difficult sometimes because there is not much variety. But once I found this easy recipe for chicken nugget sliders, they changed the snack game! These little bite sized snacks are a perfect, quick, protein packed snack that my kids devour. They are just the right size to satisfy my kids hunger, but not ruin their appetite for dinner. That’s a win if you ask me!
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THESE CHICKEN SLIDERS
In case you needed more convincing to give this easy snack idea a try, here are a few reasons to do so.
- Simple to make. This snack could not be easier to whip up. In under 15 minutes you will have a delicious snack and happy kids!
- Only 5 ingredients. What I love most about this recipe is that it only calls for 5 ingredients, and four of them I have in my kitchen all the time. Once you give these sliders a try, the buns will become a new staple in your kitchen too.
- Kid approved! If your kids are anything like mine, finding a snack item they all agree on is an undertaking. These cheesy chicken sliders are a favorite of all my kids now which makes this snack a perfect after school treat.
Cheesy Chicken Slider Ingredients
Buns: You will need 6 slider buns (mini hamburger buns). If you can’t find slider buns at your local grocery store, Hawaiian rolls or dinner rolls work well too.
Chicken nuggets: Each slider will have two nuggets, you will need a total of 12 chicken nuggets for this recipe (cooked according to package directions).
Cheese: Using 12 quarter sized pieces of cheese to top each nugget will create the “cheesy” part of these delicious sliders.
Lettuce: You need 6 pieces of lettuce, the size of the slider bun, for these tasty snacks.
Mayonnaise: For each side of the bun, spread a little mayonnaise for some additional flavor and moisture. You will need about 1 tablespoon for all the buns.
Easy step by step on how to make Chicken Nugget Sliders
Start by cooking the chicken nuggets according to the package directions. You can bake them in the oven, or if you have an air fryer, that is a quick and easy method too. I do not recommend microwaving the nuggets, they just do not taste great that way.
When they have about 2-3 minutes left on the cooking time, top each nugget with a small square of cheese (whichever type your kids like). Continue to cook the remaining time and the cheese will melt. Remove the nuggets from the oven or air fryer, let cool while you prepare the buns.
Next, spread mayonnaise on each side of the slider buns. Then, top one side of the bun with 2 chicken nuggets and a piece of lettuce.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
My little guy here was super excited about getting to eat a slider (like his big brothers and sisters!) He wasn’t quite sure how to eat it, but I thought he did just fine!
Big brothers and sisters, showing him how it’s done.
CHEESY CHICKEN SLIDERS
- 6 slider buns mini hamburger buns
- 12 Chicken nuggets
- 12 quarter sized pieces of cheese
- 6 pieces of lettuce
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- Prep: Start by cooking the chicken nuggets according to the package directions. You can bake them in the oven, or if you have an air fryer, that is a quick and easy method too. I do not recommend microwaving the nuggets, they just do not taste great that way.
- When they have about 2-3 minutes left on the cooking time, top each nugget with a small square of cheese (whichever type your kids like). Continue to cook the remaining time and the cheese will melt. Remove the nuggets from the oven or air fryer, let cool while you prepare the buns.
- Assemble: Next, spread mayonnaise on each side of the slider buns. Then, top one side of the bun with 2 chicken nuggets and a piece of lettuce. Serve immediately and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long are cheesy chicken sliders good for?
This easy snack recipe is so quick to prepare that it is not meant to be saved for later. It is best served immediately and enjoyed. I do not feel like cooked chicken nuggets save well, the texture changes and when reheated they get a bit hard.
What are ways to change up this chicken nugget slider recipe?
If you want to serve these chicken sliders a couple times a week, you can change up the ingredients a bit to have some variety. One great way to add some flavor would be to use BBQ sauce instead of the mayonnaise on the bun. Or, if your kids are not lettuce fans, add a pickle to the slider instead. Another great option would be use replace the mayo with ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, or a favorite hot sauce even. The basic recipe stays intact, but the flavor change up will keep your kids coming back for more.
Need more afterschool snack ideas for kids? Try more here:
- Fun Snacks for Kids with Bananas
- Lemon Chiffon Dip
- Ranch Sausage Rolls appetizer
- Easy Fried Cheese Straws
- Caprese Pops
- Easy Veggie Cup with Spinach Dip
- Easy Big Mac Bites
- Peanut Butter Apple Dip
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Ranch Pretzels
- Cheesy Meatball Bites
- Toffee Apple Dip
- Roasted Garlic Guacamole
- Chicken Salad and Apples
Cheesy Chicken Sliders are a fantastic fast and easy snack to serve to your kids after school. This chicken sliders recipe calls for 5 basic ingredients and is ready in only 15 minutes!