Chicken salad apples a simple and delicious snack or meal, that’s grain free and easy to make. With this simple 5 minute chicken salad recipe and some sliced apples, you can have lunch the whole family will love!
Enjoy this delightful, creamy, grape and celery packed, chicken salad on top of your favorite apples. Sweet, savory, maybe a little tangy, all come together in this tasty fruit chicken salad.
Easy Chicken Salad on Apples
I love absolutely love chicken salad and when I saw this variation, I knew I had to give it a shot. I am so thankful that I did because it’s such a fun way to eat a sweet and savory dish. This dish is the perfect afternoon snack for the busy week, it comes together fast and easily. I personally think that this chicken salad on sliced apples would make for a cute appetizer for a lunch party too! It’s truly something worth trying at least once in your life and thanks to the versatility, you can adjust the flavors to your desires every time.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE CHICKEN & APPLE SLICES
- Simple dish or appetizer. This dish is great for an afternoon snack, weekend get together with friends or a healthy gameday option too. You can prepare the chicken ahead of time, then whip up with salad mixture quickly and be serving in no time.
- Easy to make in large batches. You can double or triple the recipe as needed and have plenty of it to share with your family and friends.
- Healthy and delicious. You can feel good when serving this dish to your family or friends. It is a great snack option that not only tastes amazing but is packed with protein and nutrients.
Chicken Salad Apple Ingredients
Diced Cooked Chicken: Using 2 cups of cooked chicken, diced or shredded, will give you plenty of protein in this dish. If you don’t have any leftover cooked chicken on hand, the canned version works well too.
Red Grape: Add in 1 cup of red grapes, sliced in half, so that there is plenty to enjoy in every bite.
Celery: Use 3 stalks of celery for a healthy, fresh, crunch in this tasty chicken salad.
Plain Yogurt: You need ¼ – ⅓ cup of plain yogurt, you can adjust the amount based on how creamy you want your chicken salad to be.
Raisins: Adding in ¼ cup of raisins adds amazing flavor to this dish. If you don’t like raisins, then craisins or other small dried fruits will work great too.
Seasonings: You will want to use a dash of salt, pepper, dried parsley, and onion powder, based on your test preference. Add a small dash of each to start with, taste test, add more as preferred.
Sunflower Seeds: Using 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds provides a delicious nutty flavor to this cold chicken salad recipe. You can also use sliced almonds if you prefer.
Apples: For this snack or dish, you will want 3 large apples to serve the chicken salad on.
How to make Chicken Salad Apples
You will need the chicken to be cooked before assembling the salad recipe, you can accomplish this in many ways. You can go the super simple route by using canned chicken. Or, if you planned and have left over chicken from a previous dinner, you can use that too. Feel free to give this easy recipe for shredded chicken a try too.
Next, slice the grapes in half or quarters, depending on your preference of size. Also, dice the celery into small bits as well.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken, grapes, and celery. Then, add in the yogurt and stir well to coat all the ingredients.
After that, add in the salt, pepper, parsley, and onion powder, mix well to ensure all seasonings are well distributed. Taste test the mixture and add seasonings if desired. Now, add in the raisins and the sunflower seeds, stir again to mix well.
Next, slice the apples to create large round pieces and proceed to spoon 2-3 tablespoons of chicken salad mixture on top.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Easy Chicken Salad & Apples
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken canned chicken works too!
- ¼ – ⅓ cup plain yogurt depending on preferences
- 1 cup red grapes sliced in half
- 3 stems celery diced
- ¼ cup raisins craisins or any other small dried fruit
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash dried parsley
- 1 dash onion powder
- 2 TBSP sunflower seeds or sliced almonds (optional but tasty!)
- 3 large Apples sliced thin width-wise
- Prep: You need the chicken cooked before assembling the salad recipe, you can accomplish this in many ways. Go the super simple route by using canned chicken. Or, if you have left over chicken from a previous dinner, you can use that too. Feel free to give this easy recipe for shredded chicken a try too. Next, slice the grapes in half or quarters, depending on your preference of size. Also, dice the celery into small bits as well.
- Assemble: In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked chicken, grapes, and celery. Then, add the yogurt and stir well to coat all the ingredients. After that, add in the salt, pepper, parsley, and onion powder, mix well to ensure all seasonings are well distributed. Taste test the mixture and add seasonings if desired. Lastly, pour in the raisins and the sunflower seeds, stir again to mix well.
- Proceed to slice the apples to create large round pieces and proceed to spoon 2-3 tablespoons of chicken salad mixture on top. Serve immediately and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How do you prevent apples from browning?
You can brush the tops of the apple slices with a little bit of Fresh Fruit dissolved in water or you can make your own mixture of honey, lemon juice, and water. Simply brush it over the apples and then use a paper towel to pat them dry before using.
Do I need to remove the apple seeds?
You can if you want to but you really don’t need to. I honestly thought that I would mind the apple seeds in the middle, but both my son and I ate them without noticing any difference. So whether you take the extra time and steps to do it or not, it’s up to you.
What type of apple should I use?
You can use any apple variety that you love! If you want a sweet and sour flavor variation using Pink Lady apples or Granny Smith works great, but a softer apple like Golden Delicious or Red Delicious will also work to help add to the sweetness without being too firm to bite into.
Need more amazing chicken recipes? Check these out!
- tick of Butter Smoked Whole Chicken
- Fiesta Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad
- Mexican Chicken Lasagna
- Chicken Dumplings
- Ranch Chicken Cheese Dip
- Chile Lime Smoked Chicken Wings
- Mexican Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Orange Chicken
- Baked Parmesan Chicken Strips
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Baked Chicken Taquitos
- Grilled Spatchcock Chicken
- Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
Chicken salad with apples is a simple and easy to make recipe that you’re going to love. With creamy chicken salad, grapes, celery, and sliced apples- what’s not to like?
hi, this looks so healthy and delish. I do want to point out, though, apple seeds contain cyanide. of course you would have to consume many to have a fatal effect, even in small amounts cyanide is a good thing to stay away from!!