Spring is not far away and I love the bright, fresh foods associated with the season. Here are several recipes on my list of things to bake/ make this Spring!
Pick which category you’d like to browse here:
Easy Fruit Pizza Cookies
Easy Fruit Pizza Cookies are all the goodness you get in a fruit pizza recipe but in cookie form! This sugar cookie pizza with fruit has a wonderfully soft cookie crust, topped with sweet cream and delicious fruit. See the recipe for Easy Fruit Pizza Cookies here.
Fruit Pizza Cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups flour
Whipped Cream Frosting
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Fruit Toppings- strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, blackberries, mango…just to name a few ideas!
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for a full 3 minutes. You can also use an electric handheld mixer if you prefer.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl down and then add in vanilla extract and egg white. Mix until combined.
- Next, add the flour and baking powder to the bowl. Mix slowly at first gradually getting faster until the dough comes together. The texture should be like Playdoh, you can add a little more flour or water if needed to get it to a soft, pliable consistency.
- Then, turn out the dough onto a floured surface. Use a rolling pin, roll the dough until about 1/4 inch thick. The cookies will not get any thicker or thinner while baking, so roll out to your desired FINISHED thickness.
- After that, use cookie cutters and cut out desired shapes. Transfer the cookies to the prepared cookie sheet.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 6-8 minutes or until the centers are puffy and no longer glossy. Pull the cookies out of the oven BEFORE they start turning brown. If they turn brown, the cookie will be dry and crispy instead of soft and chewy.
- Clean and dice your chosen fruit topping into small pieces. You want them in ¼ size pieces to fit well on your cookie and but easy enough to be bite size.
Whipped Cream Frosting
- Combine the butter, powder sugar, vanilla extract and milk, in the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment. Whip until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, use beaters and whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Then, gently fold the butter creamand whipping cream together until combined and smooth.
Assembling the Fruit Pizzas
- Now, spread a generous amount of the whipped cream frosting onto the sugar cookie base. Depending on your preference, you can spread a less amount of frosting onto the cookie. But make sure it is enough for the fruit to stick to.
- Then sprinkle and top the frosting with the fruit of your choice.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Strawberry Sugar Cookie Bars
Sugar Cookie Bars with Strawberry Frosting is the perfect spring-time dessert! The fruity frosting is the perfect way to level up your dessert! See the recipe for Strawberry Sugar Cookie Bars here.
Very Lemon Crinkle Cookies
these lemon crinkle cookies are soft-baked and chewy, coated in confectioners’ sugar, and practically melt in your mouth. Lemon lovers will appreciate that the zingy flavor comes from real fresh lemon, not extract. I call them “very lemon” because there is so much natural lemon flavor! See the recipe for Lemon Crinkle Cookies here.
Lemon Raspberry Cookie Cups
Lemon Raspberry Cookie Cups begin with simple lemon pudding cookie cups that are filled with raspberry pie filling. Simple lemon raspberry cookie recipe that is absolutely delicious. See the recipe for Lemon Raspberry Cookie Cups here.
Lemon Pudding Cookies
Lemon Pudding Cookies are soft, chewy, & perfectly sweet with delightful lemon flavor! Lemon pudding adds a nice twist of flavor & texture to these lemon cookies with white chocolate. See the reicpe for Lemon Pudding Cookies here.
Berry Lemon Bars
Berry Lemon Bars are a delightful lemon dessert with fresh berries! The fresh fruit in this lemon bar recipe pairs beautifully with the creamy tart filling for unique, flavorful treat. See the recipe for Berry Lemon Bars here.
Lemon Icebox Cookies
Lemon Icebox Cookies are a slice & bake cookie recipe with bright, fresh lemon flavor! Lemon sugar cookies made with butter, powdered sugar, egg yolk & lemon. See the recipe for Lemon Icebox Cookies here.
Oatmeal Lemon Crumble Bars
Creamy, crumbly, and refreshing, these oatmeal lemon crumble bars come together with a simple crumb crust and a 2-ingredient lemon filling. If you love lemon bars but are looking for a little more texture, you won’t regret making a batch!
Iced Lemon Loaf
Iced Lemon Loaf is made with fresh lemon, sour cream, olive oil & sugar for a perfectly moist lemon bread! It’s sure to bring you a little bit of sunshine with every bite! See the recipe for Iced Lemon Loaf here.
Pineapple Quick Bread
Pineapple Quick Bread is sweet, moist and absolutely delicious, especially with a simple pineapple glaze on top! This quick bread recipe is made with crushed pineapple, cream cheese, sour cream and a few other basic ingredients. See the recipe for Pineapple Quick Bread here.
Lemon Blueberry Quick Bread
Lemon Blueberry Quick Bread is a deliciously moist and fresh quick bread recipe loaded with blueberries and bright lemon flavor. The quick bread is the perfect addition to any brunch menu! See the recipe for Lemon Blueberry Quick Bread here.
Glazed Strawberry Bread
Glazed Strawberry Bread is an easy quick bread that is moist, sweet, full of fresh strawberries, and then topped with a simple strawberry glaze. This easy bread recipe is simple to make and absolutely delicious! See the recipe for Glazed Strawberry Bread here.
Sweet Coconut Quick Bread
Sweet Coconut Quick Bread is a moist sweet bread made with milk, flour, coconut and pecans. Topped with a sweet coconut glaze, flake coconut and more pecans, you won’t be able to resist a slice! See the recipe for Sweet Coconut Quick Bread here.
Key Lime Bundt Cake
Key Lime Bundt Cake made with sour cream, lime zest and buttermilk. Delicious key lime bundt cake recipe with a simple powdered sugar glaze. See the recipe for Key Lime Bundt Cake here.
Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake
Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake made from scratch & packed with fresh berries and tart lemon flavor in every bite! Delightful homemade bundt cake recipe perfect for Spring! See the recipe for Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake here.
Blueberry Dump Cake
Blueberry Dump Cake is a fantastic dessert, made with blueberry pie filling & cake mix! This simple fruit dump cake recipe could not be any easier to make! See the recipe for Blueberry Dump Cake here.
Raspberry Almond Crumb Cake
Simple and unassuming, this raspberry almond crumb cake is tender and buttery, a balanced contrast to the crunchy cinnamon crumbles on top. Paired with toasted almonds, juicy raspberries, and a dusting of confectioners’ sugar– I can say with confidence that it was love at first bite. See the recipe for Raspberry Almond Crumb Cake here.
Angel Food Cake with Strawberries
Angel Food Cake with Strawberries made with a from-scratch light & airy cake recipe & topped with sweetened berries & fresh cream. Perfect strawberry dessert! See the recipe for Angel Food Cake with Strawberries here.
Blackberry Upside Down Cake
Blackberry Upside down Cake is a delightfully simple blackberry dessert made with just 4 ingredients! This berry cake with cake mix is made easy in minutes & has incredible flavor. See the recipe for Blackberry Upside Down Cake here.
Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake is a delicious dessert packed with so much great taste and fresh berries in every slice. This Lemon Pound Cake recipe is the perfect treat for Spring snacking! See the recipe for Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake here.
Blood Orange Bundt Cake
Blood Orange Bundt Cake is made from scratch and packed with delicious citrus flavor in every bite. This orange bundt cake with glaze is fluffy, moist and the simple glaze on top adds just the right amount of extra sweetness. See the recipe for Blood Orange Bundt Cake here.
Mini Lemon Drop Cupcakes
Mini Lemon Drop Cupcakes are delicious bite-sized treats that start with a lemon cake mix! The easy lemon glaze soaks into the bottoms to make these little cupcakes even more incredible. See the recipe for Mini Lemon Drop Cupcakes here.
Key Lime Cake
Key Lime Cake is made with a boxed cake mix and tons of delicious lime flavor! This easy key lime cake has fresh berries, lime flavored frosting, and is a refreshing dessert that looks and tastes amazing! See the recipe for Key Lime Cake here.
Easy Strawberry Cobbler
Just like its cousin blackberry cobbler, this recipe starts with a stir-together batter that’s poured into a skillet and topped with sweetened berries. It’s blissfully simple, and perfect for those days when all you want is a quick and easy dessert. See the recipe for Easy Strawberry Cobbler here.
Lemon Cake Truffles
Lemon Cake Truffles made easy with lemon pound cake crumbled and formed into small truffles, then dipped in white chocolate! Easy Lemon Truffles perfect for parties! See the recipe for Lemon Cake Truffles here.
Strawberry Crescent Rolls
Strawberry Crescent Rolls made with simple ingredients & topped with a buttery cream cheese glaze for the perfect breakfast treat! Easy recipe with crescent rolls filled with sweet strawberry jam for a great twist on a store-bought staple. See the recipe for Strawberry Crescent Rolls here.
Mini Egg Rice Krispie Treats
Mini Egg Rice Krispie Treats made with crispy rice cereal, marshmallows, crushed Cadbury mini eggs and topped with a white chocolate drizzle. Rice Krispie Treat recipe that is perfect for Easter and springtime! See the recipe for Mini Egg Rice Krispie Treats here.
Strawberries and Cream Scones
Not only is the glaze super delicious, you only need three ingredients to make it! See the recipe for Strawberries and Cream Scones here.
Blueberry Buttermilk Biscuits
Blueberry Buttermilk Biscuits are soft and buttery and bursting with fresh blueberry flavor. Topped with an easy vanilla glaze, these sweet biscuits are perfect for breakfast or as a treat. One of my favorite biscuit recipes ever! See the recipe for Blueberry Buttermilk Biscuits here.
Leave a Reply