Slow cooker orange glazed ham is a fabulously effortless recipe that’s perfect for any holiday feast. Made with just 4 ingredients and your crockpot, this is one dish you wont have to stress over.
Making our ham with orange juice glaze is very easy and simple which just means there’s one less thing to worry about this holiday season. Holiday feasts can be stressful as-is, so having anything simplified can always be a blessing in disguise. The good news is that crock pot ham recipes with orange juice (like this one) are always well received and perfect by the time dinner is ready.
The BEST Slow Cooker Ham Recipe
Years ago I experimented with cooking a ham in the crockpot and it worked out so well I’ve cooked them that way since! You can check out one of my favorite Slow Cooker Ham recipes here– but this time I needed something even faster and easier. And you know what- it was incredible! I think this might be my new favorite way to slow cook a ham!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Minimal ingredients. To make this recipe, you only need 4 ingredients from start to finish, and you already know two of them (the ham and orange juice). But when you add in cloves and brown sugar we get a perfectly spiced and sweetened ham thats dripping with goodness.
- Simple to follow steps. As you wish, we have this recipe made with very simple and easy to follow steps. Nothing it too labor intensive or difficult. The steps take moments to complete, and the ham practically cooks itself. This is a set it and forget it type of recipe, which we’re sure you can appreciate.
- Your home will smell amazing. Good food is always good but having a house that smells incredible for hours as a result is always a bonus. You’re going to be drooling over this ham hours before its ready to hit the table so make sure you bring your appetite!
Slow Cooker Glazed Ham Ingredients
Ham– You will need a 5-6 pound bone-in ham. Please note that it should fit comfortably in your slow cooker with the lid on, and a spiral cut ham will not turn out the same.
Orange juice- To give us a fresh citrus taste, you will need 1 cup of orange juice.
Brown sugar– Add in 1/2 cup of brown sugar to make this glaze sweet and flavorful with a caramelized taste.
Cloves– Adding in 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves will give us a nicely spiced and flavorful ham bringing comfort and warmth in every slice.
How to Make Slow Cooker Orange Glazed Ham
Arrange ham in slow cooker broad side down.
Pour orange juice and sprinkle the ground cloves over ham.
Spoon on the brown sugar doing your best to press as much onto the outside of the ham.
Put lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or high for 2-3 hours.
Once you’re ready to serve your ham, you can ladle and strain out 1 cup of the liquid, then microwave it on high for 1 minute to thicken it up. Slice ham, then drizzle glaze on top.
Did You Know?
These days your hams from the grocery store will come pre-cooked, so really you’re only heating it up and melding the flavors. There’s no need to cook it all day long and you only run the risk of drying it out!
SLOW COOKER ORANGE GLAZED HAM
- 1 5-6 lb bone in ham
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Arrange ham in slow cooker broad side down. (See below) Pour orange juice and sprinkle the ground cloves over ham. Spoon on the brown sugar doing your best to press as much onto the outside of the ham.
- Put lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or high for 2-3 hours. Note that hams come pre-cooked, so really you’re only heating it up and melding the flavors. There’s no need to cook it all day long and you only run the risk of drying it out!
- Once you’re ready to serve your ham, you can ladle and strain out 1 cup of the liquid, then microwave it on high for 1 minute to thicken it up. Slice ham, then drizzle glaze on top.
Can you heat a fully cooked ham in the slow cooker?
Absolutely! Most hams that you buy will already be precooked to some degree, so heating them up is optional but almost always desired. Using the slow cooker means you can get all the great taste to stay in the ham instead of leaking out as it cooks.
Do you add water to precooked ham in the crockpot?
You will need some sort of liquid to cook your ham, but it does not have to be water. Using orange juice or any other flavored liquid instead of water is perfectly fine too. We use orange juice to moisten the ham but gives us a great flavor too.
What sides go good with a ham?
How long is leftover orange glazed ham good for?
You can keep your leftover cooked ham in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. For longer storage, you can place it in the freezer for up to 3 months. I like to portion out 1 cup baggies of diced ham to freeze for future meals like casseroles or soups while using up ham slices in meals for the next few days after the main ham event.
Check out these other great crockpot recipes to keep you happy:
- CROCK POT HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN THIGHS
- SLOW COOKER PORK CARNITAS
- CROCKPOT PULLED BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICHES
- SLOW COOKER PORK ROAST RECIPE
- EASY SLOW COOKER TURKEY BREAST
- CROCK POT HAM
- CROCKPOT SAUSAGE TORTELLINI SOUP
- EASY CROCK POT HAWAIIAN CHICKEN
- BEST SLOW COOKER BEEF STEW
- SLOW COOKER MADRAS LENTILS
- BOLD THREE-MEAT CROCKPOT CHILI
- SLOW COOKER GREEK POT ROAST
Reduce your holiday prep and make your ham in the crockpot this year with this simple 4 ingredient slow cooker ham. From the spiced orange glaze to the juicy ham underneath, this is one recipe everyone will want to sink their teeth into.