Slow cooker Greek pot roast is an easy dinner recipe to cook up tonight. Packed with flavor in every bite this shredded meat is a great component of any meal. Even the leftovers are great the next day!
If you want to try a delicious pot roast for dinner then I urge you to try this delicious variation. It’s a little different than the usual pot roast dinners you see out there, but for great reasons. Using Greek seasoning blends we can create a wonderful dish. Use the meat juices in the crockpot to make a gravy.
Slow Cooker Easy Pot Roast
Made with delicious ingredients coming together and slow cooked to perfection we get the best results every time. This is one meal you’ll want to show off to dinner guests because it is truly impressive. Serve it up with your favorite dinner side dishes and have yourself a comforting meal that has you coming back for more.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Minimal ingredients. You only need a handful of ingredients to make this recipe including seasonings, broth, red wine, and a chuck roast.
- Minimal effort. Like most slow cooker recipes, this is as simple as placing everything inside the pot and letting it cook all day.
- A dinner that’s ready when you are. You can speed up the roast by cooking on high or letting it cook longer on low heat. Set it up in the morning and time it so it’s ready at dinner time and then dig in!
Pot Roast Ingredients
Chuck roast: You will need 1 2-3 pound sized chuck roast for this recipe.
Beef broth: By adding in 2 cups of beef broth you can get your meat well flavored and tender.
Red wine: Add in 3/4 cups of red cooking wine for maximum flavor or if desired you can just use additional beef broth.
Onion: One onion that has been diced will help to add a nice earthy taste and sweetness to the roast as it slow cooks alongside your meat.
Greek seasoning: For the BEST flavor out of your roast, you’ll want to use 2 tablespoons of Greek seasoning blend.
Salt and pepper: You will add salt and pepper to the recipe to your tastes, meaning add in more or less depending on what you think you will want.
How to Make Slow Cooker Greek Pot Roast
Place roast in slow cooker on high.
Pour beef broth and red cooking wine into slow cooker.
Pour 1 TBSP of the Greek seasoning into the liquid in the crockpot and stir to incorporate.
Sprinkle the other 1 TBSP onto the top of the roast.
Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
Cook on LOW for about 8 hours. Increase temperature to HIGH and cook an additional 2 hours. OR cook on HIGH for 6-7 hours. If you have time, cook it on LOW for about 13 hours and it’s heavenly!
How to thicken pot roast juices for gravy
Take about 1 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker and place it into a bowl. Add in 1-3 tablespoons of corn starch with a whisk until smooth and thickened. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the crockpot and whisk it together with the remaining juices until combined and let stand for a minute or so to let the heat thicken the gravy to the right consistency.
- 1 chuck roast (2-3lb)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup red cooking wine
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 TBSP Greek seasoning
- salt & pepper
- Place roast in slow cooker on high.
- Pour beef broth and red cooking wine into slow cooker. Add onion. Pour 1 TBSP of the Greek seasoning into the liquid in the crockpot and stir to incorporate. Sprinkle the other 1 TBSP onto the top of the roast. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Cook on LOW for about 8 hours. Increase temperature to HIGH and cook an additional 2 hours. OR cook on HIGH for 6-7 hours. If you have time, cook it on LOW for about 13 hours and it’s heavenly!
Should pot roast be covered with liquid in slow cooker?
You do not need to add enough liquid to the pot to cover the meat as it cooks but adding in some liquid can really help to get the juiciest and tender results. Not only that but by using beef broth or wine we can get a lot of depth in flavor vs using regular water.
Is it better to cook a roast on high or low in a crock pot?
Cooking your roast on low heat really does make a difference in getting the best results even if it does take several extra hours of patience. The low heat gives the meat more time to fall apart and absorb juices to keep it from feeling dried out.
How long is pot roast good for?
You can keep the leftover pot roast stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. Reheat it again before serving. Alternatively, you can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Slow Cooker Recipes To Enjoy Soon!
- CROCK POT HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN THIGHS
- CROCKPOT SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
- CROCKPOT PULLED BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICHES
- SLOW COOKER BROWN SUGAR CINNAMON PORK ROAST
- SLOW COOKER ROOT BEER BBQ CHICKEN
- SLOW COOKER FRENCH ONION SOUP
- COOKIES AND CREAM CROCKPOT LAVA CAKE
- BBQ PULLED PORK IN THE CROCK POT
- CROCKPOT SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS
- CROCKPOT SPAGHETTI SAUCE
- SLOW COOKER DR PEPPER ROAST
- CROCKPOT CHICKEN TACO SOUP
Get the best flavor in every bite with this delicious Slow cooker Greek pot roast recipe. Made simply and easily it’s a great throw-together meal for dinner. Little effort but maximum results, every time.