Crockpot hot honey chicken sandwiches are a spicy-sweet chicken dinner with fantastic flavor! Sweet and savory shredded chicken made with honey, brown sugar, butter & seasonings!
Everyone is looking for quick weeknight dinners, and these Slow Cooker Hot Honey Chicken Sandwiches are it! These are for people who like a kick with their dinner! We love these slow cooker hot honey chicken sandwiches because the flavor burst of flavor your get in every bite is incredible.
Hot Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
A mixture of spices season this chicken along with butter, honey, and more for a burst of flavor! The sweet and the spicy go so well together! These cook up right in the slow cooker before getting shredded for sandwiches.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The spice is adjustable. These sandwiches are pretty spicy which is great if you love spice, but you can always add more or less cayenne pepper as desired to adjust the spice to your family’s preferences.
- The recipe is easy. All you have to do is mix a few spices and add everything to the crockpot for a few hours. This recipe is super quick and simple to throw together, making it perfect for a busy day or a lazy day where you don’t want to do much before getting a delicious meal.
- It’s perfect for lunch or dinner. Make a batch of this slow cooker hot honey sandwiches filling as a fast lunch option (just set it up at breakfast) or make it as an easy dinner option. These sandwiches are perfect for almost any time of day.
Hot Honey Chicken Sandwich Ingredients
Chicken breasts: You will need 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe.
Cayenne pepper: Adding in 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper will be what gives us a nice hot kick of spice in every bite.
Smoked paprika: Use 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika for wonderful added flavor. You can use regular paprika if needed but note that it doesn’t taste the same.
Garlic salt: For more flavor, use 1 teaspoon of garlic salt.
Brown sugar: Adding in 2 tablespoons of brown sugar will help to round out the flavors of the chicken sandwich filling and give a bigger depth of flavor.
Honey: Use 1 cup of honey to sweeten the filling and get it to a good sticky consistency.
Vinegar: Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to make the chicken filling taste great. Either white or apple cider vinegar will work here.
Butter: You will need 1/4 cup of butter to make the filling taste rich and fabulous.
Stuff for serving: You will need some buns to serve this meat on, but you may also wish to have some pickles for toppings as well.
How to Make Crockpot Hot Honey Chicken Sandwiches
Spray the inside of your crockpot liner with nonstick cooking spray, and then add in the chicken breasts.
In a small bowl, mix together the cayenne pepper, paprika, and garlic salt.
Sprinkle the seasoning all over the chicken, and then sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
Drizzle the honey all over the top of the chicken and pour in the vinegar.
Place the butter on top.
Add the lid to your crockpot and cook on high heat for 2 hours or on low heat for 4 hours.
Once cooked, remove the chicken breasts and shred them before returning to the crockpot.
Stir together with the juices in the pot to evenly distribute.
Serve on soft buns with pickles.
How to Serve Hot Honey Shredded Chicken
I like to serve this filling on soft brioche buns, sesame seed topped buns, and even pretzel buns, but it would also taste fabulous over the top of cooked white rice or stuffed inside of a potato. So if desired, you can have it as a sandwich filling and use leftovers over rice or potatoes the following day to create a new tasty meal.
CROCKPOT HOT HONEY CHICKEN SANDWICHES
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ¼ cup butter
- Buns for serving
- Pickles for topping
- Spray your slow cooker with some non-stick spray and add in the chicken.
- In a small bowl mix up the cayenne pepper, paprika and garlic salt. Sprinkle the seasoning all over the chicken. Sprinkle on the brown sugar.
- Drizzle the honey all over the top of the chicken. Pour in the vinegar. Place the butter on top.
- Cook on low 4 hours or high 2 hours. Once cooked, shred the chicken. Add the chicken back to the slow cooker in the juice.
- Serve on soft buns with pickle slices.
Can I use a different cut of chicken?
Yes, if you don’t want to see chicken breasts, you can easily opt for some boneless skinless chicken thighs; you may even find that you prefer the darker meat option because it doesn’t dry out as easily.
How long is spicy sweet shredded chicken good for?
You can keep any leftover shredded meat in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. This meat can also be frozen for up to 3 months, thawed, and reheated again before use.
What goes well with hot honey chicken sandwiches?
As you could imagine, these sandwiches would go great with just about any BBQ side dish favorites, but some of our favorites include potato chips and cool summer salads. Adding a little ranch dressing or some cool, creamy coleslaw on top of the sandwiches is also great.
Check out these other great slow cooker recipes you’ll enjoy!
- CROCK POT HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN THIGHS
- CROCKPOT PULLED BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICHES
- SLOW COOKER BROWN SUGAR CINNAMON PORK ROAST
- SLOW COOKER ROOT BEER BBQ CHICKEN
- BBQ PULLED PORK IN THE CROCK POT
- BEST SLOW COOKER BEEF STEW
- SLOW COOKER PORK ROAST RECIPE
- SLOW COOKER DR PEPPER ROAST
- CROCKPOT CRANBERRY MEATBALLS
- EASY SLOW COOKER SWEET PORK
- CROCKPOT CHICKEN ALFREDO LASAGNA
- EASY SLOW COOKER TURKEY BREAST
You’ll love this crockpot hot honey chicken sandwich recipe. They’re a sweet and spicy combination that will have you feeling completely satisfied, and they’re just as perfect for lunch as they are for dinner.