Angel Chicken Pasta is a creamy, flavorful chicken dinner that’s made in the crockpot & served on Angel hair pasta. This creamy chicken pasta calls for minimal ingredients & is a simple, delicious meal!
This angel hair pasta recipe is a versatile dish that can be customized to suit your tastes, for a little extra kick, add some red pepper flakes to the sauce. For a lighter version of crock pot pasta chicken, use low-fat cream cheese and whole wheat pasta. Regardless of how you choose to make it, Angel Chicken Pasta is sure to become a family favorite!
What is Angel Crockpot Chicken Pasta?
Angel Crockpot Chicken Pasta is a creamy pasta dish that is cooked in a crockpot (slow cooker). It is a simple and easy-to-make recipe that requires only a few ingredients and minimal effort. The dish is perfect for busy weeknights or when you want a delicious meal without spending too much time in the kitchen. The chicken breasts are cooked in the crockpot along with the Italian dressing mix, cream cheese and golden mushroom soup, which gives the dish its unique flavor.
This Angel Chicken Pasta is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for busy weeknights. It is a crowd-pleaser and is sure to be a hit with both kids and adults!
Why You Will Love This Chicken Pasta Crock Pot Recipe
- Flavorful: The combination of chicken, creamy sauce, and pasta creates a rich and satisfying flavor that is sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
- Simple Ingredients: This recipe uses simple and easy-to-find ingredients, making it a great option for busy weeknights or last-minute dinners.
- Crowd-Pleaser: This dish is sure to impress your family and/or guests and is perfect for dinner parties or potlucks.
Angel Chicken Pasta Ingredients
Butter: You will need ¼ cup of butter to make the sauce rich and tasty!
Dry salad dressing mix: Using one 0.7 ounce envelope of dry Italian salad dressing mix will give this dish amazing flavor.
Dry white wine: Add in more flavor by adding in ½ cup of dry white wine to the sauce. you can use chicken broth instead if you prefer.
Mushroom soup: For a nice thick sauce consistency, use one 10.75 ounce can of golden mushroom soup.
Cream cheese: Add in one 8-ounce container of cream cheese with chives (softened to room temp) for an amazing creamy and delicious addition to this recipe.
Chicken: The base of this main dish is 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves.
Pasta: Serve this amazing chicken and sauce over 16-oz of hot, cooked Angel Hair pasta.
How to make Angel Hair Chicken Pasta
In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Then stir in the dry salad dressing mix and whisk well to combine.
Next, add the dry white wine and golden mushroom soup, whisking to blend. After that, add in the cream cheese and stir until smooth. Continue to cook over low heat.
Arrange the chicken in the bottom of a slow cooker and then pour the sauce over the top.
Cover the crock pot and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours or just until the chicken is tender. Shred chicken when cooking is complete using a fork.
Serve on top of hot cooked pasta, top with Parmesan cheese and parsley (if desired). Enjoy!
Variations of Angel Chicken Pasta
Angel Chicken Pasta is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that can be customized to fit different dietary preferences and taste preferences. Here are two variations of Angel Chicken Pasta that you can try:
- Mushroom Angel Pasta: Replace the chicken with mushrooms. Sauté the mushrooms in butter until they are tender and browned. Add the mushrooms to the sauce and serve over pasta.
- Tofu Angel Pasta: Replace the chicken with tofu. Cut the tofu into small cubes and sauté them in olive oil until they are crispy. Add the tofu to the sauce and serve over pasta.
- Vegetable Angel Pasta: Replace the chicken with a mix of vegetables. Sauté a mix of vegetables, such as bell peppers, zucchini, and carrots, in olive oil until they are tender. Add the vegetables to the sauce and serve over pasta.
- Cajun Angel Pasta: Add Cajun seasoning to the sauce to give it a spicy kick. You can also add cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes for extra heat.
- Jalapeno Angel Pasta: Add diced jalapenos to the sauce for a spicy and flavorful twist.
- Hot Sauce Angel Pasta: Add a few dashes of hot sauce to the sauce for a quick and easy way to add spice.
ANGEL CHICKEN PASTA
- ¼ cup butter
- 0.7 oz envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
- ½ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 10.75 oz can golden mushroom soup
- 8 oz cream cheese with chives softened to room temp
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves
- 16 oz hot cooked Angel Hair pasta
- Assemble: In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in salad dressing mix. Add wine and mushroom soup, whisking to blend. Add cream cheese and stir until smooth. Continue to heat over low heat.
- Arrange chicken in slow cooker. Pour sauce over top.
- Cook: Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours or just until chicken is tender. Shred chicken when cooking is complete using a fork.
- Serve: Serve on top of hot, cooked pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How do I make Angel Chicken in the oven?
To make Angel Chicken in the oven, you will need to preheat your oven to 375°F. Then, prepare the chicken and sauce according to the recipe instructions. Once the sauce is ready, pour it over the chicken in a baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
What are some variations of Angel Chicken?
There are many variations of Angel Chicken that you can try, depending on your taste preferences. Some popular variations include adding mushrooms, bacon, spinach, or sun-dried tomatoes to the sauce. You can also use different types of pasta, such as fettuccine or penne, instead of angel hair.
HOW TO COOK PASTA PERFECTLY EVERY TIME
Pasta is pretty simple to cook, but there are a few little tricks to making sure it turns out perfect every time!
- Make sure you use a large enough pot to boil your noodles in. If it is too small, you may find that your noodles stick together and you may run out of water before the noodles are completely cooked. To cook one pound of pasta, you should be using at least 4-6 quarts of water. Make sure your pot is big enough to hold the water and the pasta and be able to boil without boiling over. Remember, pasta expands as it cooks!
- Add some salt to the water. Adding salt increases the boiling point of the water, meaning that the water will boil faster and also helps the pasta cook a little bit faster too. I usually add about a tablespoon of salt.
- Test the pasta. Even though there are recommended cooking times for each type of pasta, the only fool-proof method I have found to make sure pasta is done perfectly is to taste test it. About a minute before the recommended cooking time, I use a slotted spoon to get a noodle out of the pot. Rinse with cold water to avoid burning your tongue. If it is still a little crunchy, let it boil another minute or two before testing again.
- Drain the pasta well and rinse with cold water immediately. The cold water will prevent the pasta from continuing to cook and will also prevent the noodles from sticking together.
Try more of our favorite dinner recipes here:
- FIESTA RANCH CHICKEN PASTA SALAD
- SAUSAGE PEPPER PASTA
- PIZZA PASTA SALAD
- MEXICAN CHICKEN ALFREDO PASTA BAKE
- CREAMY LEMON CHICKEN PASTA
- PASTA W/ GARLIC ROASTED VEGETABLES & (THE EASIEST) CREAM SAUCE (EVER)!
- TACO STUFFED PASTA SHELLS
- GRILLED ITALIAN CHICKEN & PASTA
- PASTA FAGIOLI RECIPE
- EASY ZUCCHINI PASTA
- CHICKEN GARLIC BUTTER PASTA
- CHICKEN BACON RANCH PASTA
- CREAMY GARLIC PARMESAN PASTA
- CREAMY SAUSAGE SPAGHETTI
Angel Chicken Pasta is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that can be customized to fit different dietary preferences and taste preferences. This creamy chicken pasta with its flavorful sauce, simple ingredients, and quick cook time, is sure to become a new family favorite!