Crockpot Boneless Chicken Thighs are the perfect weeknight dinner! Tender, slow cooked chicken thigh recipe with creamy potatoes, carrots and a spice blend with amazing flavors!
These crockpot chicken thighs are a one-pot meal that will easily find a way into your meal plan rotation. If you are looking for an easy dinner idea, then this easy chicken dinner recipe is for you!
Crockpot Chicken and Veggies
We have a special place in our hearts for crock pot meals because they are perfect for any occasion. You can have an entire meal ready to eat in a few hours and with minimal effort. Serve up this boneless chicken in this crock pot recipe whenever the mood strikes, and it is sure to be just as tasty and comforting as you would hope. I love a great dinner idea that is as easy as preparing some ingredients, dumping into a crockpot and letting it be.
Why we think you will enjoy this easy chicken crockpot recipe
Here are a few reasons to give this dish a try and make it part of your regular dinner routine.
- Minimal effort. This is one of those “set it and forget it” types of meals. Just drop everything into the crockpot and let it work its magic. Dinner will smell incredible as it slowly cooks to perfection.
- It is versatile. If you are not a fan of dark meat, you can easily swap out the boneless chicken thighs for 2-3 chicken breasts instead.
- Simple ingredients. Besides the potatoes, chicken, and carrots, you will also need a handful of dried seasonings that you may have on hand already. Keep the shopping trip minimal with these easy-to-find ingredients.
Crockpot Chicken Dinner Ingredients
Potatoes: You will need 8-10 yellow baby potatoes, but if desired, you can swap them out for 3-4 larger potatoes (just cut into cubes about 1-2 inches wide).
Carrots: You will need 4 large carrots for this recipe, but you can swap them out for a small bag of baby carrots if that is what you prefer.
Chicken: Use 3-4 boneless skinless chicken thighs for the main protein in this dish.
Garlic: You will need 2 tablespoons, or 4 cloves, of minced garlic for this recipe.
Olive oil: 2 tablespoons of olive oil will help to spread the seasonings around.
Salt: Adding in 1 teaspoon of salt will enhance all the amazing flavors.
Garlic powder: Use 1 teaspoon of garlic powder for great added flavor.
Onion powder: You will want to use 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
Paprika: Add in 1 teaspoon of paprika for a bit of added spice.
Black pepper: Use 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper for an earthy flavor.
Cayenne pepper: For a kick of spice, add in 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Chili pepper: Adding 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder will give the dish more heat and color.
How to Make Crockpot Boneless Chicken Thighs
Begin by peeling the large carrots and chop them into 1/2 inch-sized pieces. Then, cut the baby potatoes in half. You do not have to peel the potatoes, but if you don’t love the skin go ahead and peel them.
Transfer the potatoes and carrots to the crockpot, add in the chicken thighs as well.
Next, in a separate bowl combine all of the seasonings, the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and chili pepper. Stir to combine.
After that, add the olive oil and the minced garlic on top of the chicken and vegetables in the crockpot. Then, sprinkle the bowl of seasoning over the top and give all the ingredients a good stir to combine well.
Set the crockpot on high heat for 4 hours or on low heat for 8 hours, making sure to stir together halfway through.
Serve warm and enjoy!
CROCKPOT BONELESS CHICKEN THIGHS
- 8-10 baby yellow potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp minced garlic or 4 cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder
- Prep: Begin by peeling the large carrots and chop them into 1/2 inch-sized pieces. Then, cut the baby potatoes in half. You do not have to peel the potatoes, but if you don't love the skin go ahead and peel them.
- Crockpot dump: Transfer the potatoes and carrots to the crockpot, add in the chicken thighs as well.
- Next, in a separate bowl combine all of the seasonings, the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and chili pepper. Stir to combine.
- After that, add the olive oil and the minced garlic on top of the chicken and vegetables in the crockpot. Then, sprinkle the bowl of seasoning over the top and give all the ingredients a good stir to combine well.
- Cook: Set the crockpot on high heat for 4hours or on low heat for 8 hours, making sure to stir together halfway through. Serve warm and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long are leftovers good for?
You can keep the leftovers from this dish stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Just reheat again before serving.
What goes well with crockpot chicken and veggies?
This dish would be perfect if served as-is, but if you are looking for some more simple side dishes to serve alongside them, then you really can’t go wrong with a tasty green salad. Other side dish ideas include biscuits, crescent rolls, or a buttered slice of homemade bread.
What is a Good Meat Thermometer?
A good meat thermometer is key. My all-time favorite meat thermometer is the Thermapen. It’s super fast and incredibly durable. Another great meat thermometer is the ThermoPop, a more basic version that works just as well!
More Slow Cooker Recipes To Try Soon
- CROCKPOT HOT HONEY CHICKEN SANDWICHES
- SLOW COOKER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SLOPPY JOES
- COOKIES AND CREAM CROCKPOT LAVA CAKE
- CROCK POT HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN THIGHS
- BBQ PULLED PORK IN THE CROCK POT
- CROCKPOT SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
- CROCKPOT SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS
- CROCKPOT PULLED BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICHES
- SLOW COOKER BROWN SUGAR CINNAMON PORK ROAST
- CROCKPOT SPAGHETTI SAUCE
- SLOW COOKER ROOT BEER BBQ CHICKEN
- SLOW COOKER FRENCH ONION SOUP
Crockpot Boneless Chicken Thighs are great for busy weeknights, lazy days, and all the days in between. This slow cooker chicken thigh recipe is loaded with tasty potatoes, carrots and incredible flavor in every bite.
Leave a Reply