Peach Snickerdoodle Cookies are soft, chewy, delicious and the addition of fresh peaches takes your favorite cinnamon sugar cookie up a couple notches! These cookies with fruit are loaded with fresh, sweet peaches and lots of cinnamon flavor.
These peach cookies are so easy to make and the best part is you likely have most of the ingredients in your kitchen already! Making these snickerdoodle cookies is a great way to use those fresh peaches in the summertime, or the canned ones in your pantry.
Peach Snickerdoodle Cookies
Peach Snickerdoodles are a fun twist on a favorite classic cookie recipe. This traditional cookie recipe is amazing on its own, but the addition of fresh peaches is fabulous. Snickerdoodles are a popular cookies that are known for their crispy exterior and soft and chewy interior, as well as their unique cinnamon sugar coating. Each ball of cookie dough is rolled in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar before baking, giving it its distinctive taste and appearance. The peaches go so well with the cinnamon in the cookie! These cookies are so soft and chewy and the way your house will smell while these are baking is absolutely incredible too!
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS PEACH COOKIE RECIPE
If you need more reasons to give this sensational recipe a try, here are a few to further convince you.
- Traditional with a twist! If you are like me and love a soft cinnamon flavored cookie then this recipe is for you. The peach addition to this classic cookie recipe is heavenly. The two of these flavors combined is just amazing!
- Simple ingredients. What I love about this recipe is that most of the ingredients are most likely already in your kitchen. You can whip up a batch without having to buy a bunch of extra ingredients.
- Quick and easy. To make this amazing peach snickerdoodle cookie you need less than 30 minutes from start to finish. You can create a tasty treat in a short amount of time that will impress anyone who tries it.
MY FAVORITE COOKIE MAKING TIPS:
- Three kitchen items make these cookies come together really fast. I actually use these items in nearly every cookie recipe I make, so they’re quite versatile. First, I line my cookie sheets with a piece of parchment paper. They’re sold in sizes that fit a 12×16 cookie sheet perfectly and enable to cookies to bake well without sticking- and no mess from spraying oil on the cookie sheets!
- The second item is a KitchenAid mixer. I love mine! I have a Bosch as well but I find I use my KitchenAid for cookies. There is a cookie paddle that comes with every mixer that you attach to the top of the mixer. They’re easy to use and help you mix the ingredients uniformly. I also use the metal whisk attachment in this recipe to make the frosting. It whips it up super fast! Add this to your wish list because it’s one of my all-time used small appliances ever!
- The third item is a cookie scoop! Years and years ago I used to use 2 spoons to measure and scrape cookie dough onto the pans. It wasn’t a perfect process and I often ended up with oblong cookies in various sizes. A friend of mine brought cookies to a party and I noticed each and every one of her cookies looked PERFECT. Her secret? A cookie scoop! They come in three sizes- 1/2 tablespoon, 1.5 tablespoon and 3 tablespoon scoops. I used the middle size- 1.5 tablespoon for these cookies. (Although when I’m serving a large crowd, I use the small cookie scoop. People love having a smaller cookie, especially at an event with several other desserts.)
PEACH SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE INGREDIENTS
Butter: For a nice rich tasting cookie you need 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
Sugar: Use 1 1/3 cup of sugar to create a nice sweet treat.
Egg: Adding in 1 egg will help bind the dough together and give the cookie great texture.
Vanilla extract: Using 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract will help enhance all the wonderful flavors in these cookies.
Flour: For the base of this cookie recipe, add in 3 cups of flour.
Cream of tartar: Add 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar to act as a leavening agent during the baking process.
Baking soda: You also need 1 teaspoon of baking soda to help the cookies puff up nicely as they bake.
Cinnamon: For a lovely warm spice, use 2 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
Salt: Using 1/2 teaspoon of salt will help balance the flavors in this recipe well.
Peaches: You will need 1 cup of chopped fresh peaches for the tasty addition to this recipe. You can also use canned peaches if you’d like as well.
Sugar: For added sweetness to these cookies, use 1/4 cup of sugar.
Cinnamon: Add in 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to give these cookies even more amazing flavor.
How to make Peach Snickerdoodle Cookies
Start by preheating the oven to 350° F. Then, spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
Prepare the peaches. If you are using fresh peaches, wash, peel, pit and then slice them into small bite sized chunks. If you are using canned peaches, cut them into small pieces and dry them a bit on a paper towel. Set aside.
Cookie dough & topping
In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together to create the sweet topping. Set aside.
Next, in a separate medium size bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the softened butter and sugar together until fluffy (1-2 minutes). Then, add in the egg and vanilla extract, stir to combine and then set aside.
In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. After that, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together on low speed until well combined.
Lastly, gently fold in the peaches just until combined.
Proceed to take 1-2 tablespoons of dough (depending on how big you want to make the cookies) and roll into a ball. Then, roll the dough balls in the cinnamon/sugar topping mixture and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
PEACH SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh peaches
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Prep: Start by preheating the oven to 350degrees F. Then, spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper or silicon mat. Also prepare the peaches, if you are using fresh, wash, pit and slice them into small bite sized chunks. If you are using canned peaches, cut them into small pieces. Set aside.
- Cookie dough & topping: In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together to create the sweet topping. Set aside. Next, in a separate medium size bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the softened butter and sugar together until fluffy (1-2 minutes). Then, add in the egg and vanilla extract, stir to combine and then set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. After that, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together on low speed until well combined. Lastly, gently fold in the peaches just until combined.
- Topping: Proceed to take 1-2 tablespoons of dough (depending on how big you want to make the cookies) and roll into a ball. Then, roll the dough balls in the topping mixture and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST PEACH SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES
When making Peach Snickerdoodles, there are a few tips that can help ensure success:
- Soften the butter to room temperature before using it. This will make it easier to cream with the sugar and will result in a smoother dough.
- Use fresh peaches that are ripe but not overly soft. Overly ripe peaches can make the dough too wet and result in flat, spread-out cookies.
- Make sure to roll the dough balls in the cinnamon sugar topping mixture before baking. This will give the cookies their signature snickerdoodle look and flavor.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. This will help them set and prevent them from falling apart.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
THE EASIEST WAY TO PEEL A PEACH
Peeling a peach is done more easily by following a few simple steps.
- Choose a ripe peach: A ripe peach will be slightly soft to the touch and have a sweet aroma.
- Boil water: Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil.
- Prepare an ice bath: Fill a large bowl with ice and water.
- Score the peach: Using a sharp knife, make a small “x” on the bottom of the peach.
- Blanch the peach: Place the peach in the boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the peach to the ice bath: Using a slotted spoon, transfer the peach to the ice bath and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Peel the peach: Using your fingers, gently peel the skin away from the peach. The skin should come off easily.
- Slice or chop the peach: Once peeled, the peach is ready to be sliced or chopped for use in recipes.
CAN I USE CANNED PEACHES INSTEAD OF FRESH?
While fresh peaches are recommended for this recipe, canned peaches can be used in a pinch. Just be sure to drain them well and pat them dry before chopping and adding to the dough.
HOW LONG ARE THESE PEACH SNICKERDOODLES GOOD FOR?
I recommend eating these cookies within 3-5 days for the best tasting results. You can keep them stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days, but eating these cookies sooner means they will taste so much better. Yum!
CAN I FREEZE THESE PEACH SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES?
Yes, these cookies can be frozen. Simply place them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw before eating by placing a cookie (or more) on the counter for about 30 minutes to come to room temperature.
More delicious recipes with fresh peaches:
- Peach Cobbler Pound Cake
- Raspberry Peach Freezer Jam
- Easy Peach Galette
- Peach Muffins
- Homemade Peach Slurpees
- Peach Pie Filling
- Super Easy Peach Pie
- Peach Cake with Cinnamon Glaze
- Peach Bread Pudding
- Chilled Peach Soup
- No Bake Peaches & Cream Pie
- Peaches & Cream Poke Cake
- Creamy Peach Pie
- No Bake Peaches & Cream Bars
- Easy Peach Crumble
- Peaches & Cream Salad
Peach Snickerdoodle Cookies are so tasty and the addition of peaches takes this classic cinnamon sugar cookie up a few notches! These cookies with fruit are packed with fresh peaches and cinnamon flavor that is simply incredible.