Ingredients for Easy Peach Pie with an Easy Pie Crust
This is what you will need to make the easiest peach pie and the easiest pie crust
— Egg whites
— Baking powder
— chopped pecans
— Saltine crackers
How to make Easy Pie Crust
Peach Pie w/ Saltine Crust
- 3 egg whites beaten until peaked
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup pecans smashed fine optional
- 14 saltine crackers
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Prepare a pie pan by spraying it with non-stick spray.
- Next, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually add sugar, crackers, baking powder, vanilla, and pecans.
- Pour into prepared pie pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- After taking it out of the oven, let it cool. When the crust has cooled, push it down with your hand or a spoon.
- Peel & slice 5 peaches. Sprinkle with 1 TBSP granulated sugar, if desired. Pour them on top of the crust. Top with whipped cream and serve.
Looking for more ways to use your fresh peaches? Check out our collection of best peach recipes and other peach recipes:
What is the easiest way to peel peaches for Peach Dessert Recipes?
It’s easy to just cut the skin off of peaches if you only need one or two, but if you are planning to remove the skin from a lot of peaches, there is an easier way!
- Boil a pot full of water
- Immerse ripe peaches for 30-60 seconds.
- Remove from water. You can submerge the peaches in cold water, but if you’re planning on cooking the peaches anyways, it’s not necessary and eliminates a step, making the process faster.
- Pinch the skin to break it and slide it off the peach.
- Cut the peach in half and remove the pit.
You can even watch a video here that shows just how easy this is – the skin really does just slide right off!
When are peaches ripe enough to use in easy Peach Dessert recipes?
To tell if you peaches are ripe, you want to consider the color, firmness, and texture of the skin.
If your peach is ripe the yellow should be a deep yellow, like a golden color. If the yellow part of the peach is pale they aren’t quite ready.
You can also tell if your peach is ripe if you give it a light squeeze and it feels very soft.
Easy Peach Pie is one of my favorite recipes for fresh peaches! Our simple recipe for pie crust will blow your mind- can you believe that secret ingredient?! Try it and you’ll see just how delicious it is.