Grinch Marshmallow Pops made with just 4 ingredients & perfect for holiday parties or gifts! Simple & fun Christmas treat that kids & grown-ups enjoy!
Give the gift that just keeps giving with these fun marshmallow pops. Serve them up with a cup of hot cocoa or serve them as a treat after carving your roast beast and singing Christmas carols. They might come without ribbons and tags but these Grinch pops will be well-received just the same. It’s because they’re green, isn’t it?
What Are Grinch Pops?
Grinch pops are a super fun and creative way of dipping marshmallows on a stick and adding some holiday cheer. They’re perfect for parties or even wrapped up and given as gifts.
Giant Grinch Marshmallow Pops Ingredients
-Marshmallows: You will need 10 large round marshmallows. You can use the Jumbo marshmallows or just the traditional large marshmallows- your call!
-Candy melts: You will use a 12 ounce bag of neon green colored candy melts to get that iconic grinch color. If you can’t find this color, melt Ghiradelli white chocolate and add a little bit of oil-based gel food coloring.
-Coconut oil: To help your chocolate melt down smoothly, add in a tablespoon of coconut oil.
–Heart sprinkles: You’re going to need 10 large heart sprinkles to represent the Grinch’s heart that grew 3 sizes that day.
Handy Items for Making Marshmallow Pops
–A sucker stand: This will be where the pops are displayed after dipping. It’s not critical, but it is very convenient!
-Tall cup: This is necessary to help dip the marshmallows. The tall glass I used was just a basic, cheap plastic glass from Walmart. It doesn’t have to be super tall, just tall enough that you can easily fit your marshmallow down in some deeper chocolate and not have to spoon it on, which isn’t near as pretty.
–Sucker sticks: You can find these in the cake decorating section of your local Walmart or online.
-Medium bowl: To melt the chocolate in your microwave.
-Spoon or rubber spatula: To stir the chocolate until smooth.
-Frosting bag & Scissors
How to Make Grinch Marshmallow Pops
Place your sucker sticks onto a cookie sheet if needed, to help lay them flat so that they don’t roll around.
In a medium-sized bowl, place the candy melts and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Make sure to pause every 30 seconds to stir until there are no lumps. You may not need the full three minutes, or you might need longer. Every microwave is different.
Add in the coconut oil and stir well. If your candy melts still seem pretty thick, especially if it clings too thickly to the marshmallows, add a bit more coconut oil.
Dip the tip of each sucker stick into the chocolate and then insert it into the bottom center of each marshmallow. Place them in the sucker stand and let chill for 2 minutes to set. Be sure your sucker sticks fit your sucker stand. Most are universal, but there are some that can be strangely sized.
Place the rest of the chocolate into a tall cup and dip your marshmallows into it, about ½ to ¾ of the way down. Slightly tap the stick on eh edge of the cup to remove the excess chocolate.
Place the stick back into the stand and chill for 5 minutes.
Place the remaining chocolate into a frosting bag and snip the corner off with some scissors.
Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the marshmallows in a nice zigzag pattern. Make sure that the chocolate covers both sides. Then come back from the opposite direction and give it a crisscross look. Do not add your crisscross topping until the first layer of chocolate has dried or it will mold into each other and not look as prominent or as pretty.
Place a red heart sprinkle on the top middle of the marshmallows.
Chill for about 3 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened and set. Enjoy!
Grinch Marshmallow Pops
- 10 Large Round Marshmallows
- 12 Ounces Neon Green Candy Melts
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 10 Large Red Heart Sprinkles
- If need be, start by placing your sucker stand on a flat, moveable surface, such as a small cookie sheet.
- Place the candy melts in a medium bowl and microwave on high for about 3 minutes or until they’re smooth and creamy, without lumps, when stirred. Pause about every 30 seconds during this cooking time to ensure the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Add the coconut oil to the chocolate and stir well.
- Dip the tip of each sucker stick in the chocolate and then insert it into the middle center of each marshmallow. Place them in the sucker stand and chill for 2 minutes.
- Place the rest of the chocolate in the tall cup and dip the marshmallows about ½ to ¾ of the way down, giving a slight tap on the edge of the cup to remove any excess chocolate. Place back in the sucker stand and chill for about 5 minutes.
- Place the remaining melted chocolate in a frosting bag and cut a small tip off the bag using scissors.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the marshmallows in a zigzag pattern, making sure it goes down both sides. Then come back and the same motion in the opposite direction to give it a crisscross look.
- Place a red heart sprinkle on the top middle of the marshmallows.
- Chill for about 3 minute or until hardened and enjoy!
How long are marshmallow pops good for?
These pops are good for up to a week. Unfortunately, they do become stale pretty quickly so it’s important to eat them sooner rather than later for the best-tasting experience.
How to store marshmallow pops
After the chocolate has set and hardened these pops can be kept stored in the fridge or in an airtight container at room temperature assuming it isn’t too hot in the house. Keep in mind that if you store them in a cold setting and move them to a warmer one, they can begin to “sweat” as they warm up to temp so if you plan on prepping them for a Christmas party, make them the day of or the day before and keep stored at room temp.
Check out these other festive Christmas recipes:
- CHRISTMAS SHEET CAKE
- CHEESY PUFF PASTRY CHRISTMAS TREE
- CHRISTMAS CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- REINDEER CHRISTMAS CHEESEBALL
- CHRISTMAS JELLO POKE CAKE
- WHITE CHRISTMAS TREE PRETZELS
- SANTA APPROVED CHRISTMAS TREATS
- CHRISTMAS CREAM PUFFS
- SOFT CHRISTMAS SUGAR COOKIES
- CHRISTMAS MUDDY BUDDIES
- CHRISTMAS CINNAMON ROLLS
- CHRISTMAS CRANBERRY CAKE
- HOT CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS COOKIES
These Grinch marshmallow pops are sure to be a huge hit at your holiday festivities! Made with just a few ingredients and steps, they are as easy to make as they are to devour!