Christmas Cheesecake made with butter, cream cheese & sugar, then topped with piped buttercream & peppermints! Festive peppermint vanilla cheesecake that’s both easy to make & gorgeous when served!
If there was ever a cheesecake for Santa, this would be it. This is the BEST Oreo cheesecake recipe because we’re using mint Oreos for the crust, so every bite is refreshing, rich, and creamy good! If you love refreshing cool peppermint and decadent cheesecakes then this recipe is one you’re going to look forward to every year.
The BEST Christmas Cheesecake
Holiday tables always have one thing in common- the dessert table. While Christmas is more popularly known for cookies the cakes and pies shouldn’t be overlooked or forgotten. This mint oreo cheesecake is a recipe worthy of every holiday table but it especially deserves a front-row seat at the Christmas table. Everyone is going to love this cheesecake recipe so make sure to hold on to it tightly!
Xmas Cheesecake Ingredients
-Oreos: You will need about 18 mint oreo cookies for the crust so make sure they are well crushed.
-Butter: Use 2 tablespoons of melted butter to help bind the cookie crumbs together for the crust.
-Cream cheese: You will need 4 blocks (the 8-ounce sized ones) for the rich creamy filling in this cheesecake.
-Sugar: Use 1 cup of granulated sugar to make this cheesecake perfectly sweet.
-Extracts: You will need a teaspoon each of vanilla extract and peppermint extract to make this cheesecake filling taste great.
-Eggs: Use 4 eggs to help bind the filling together and give it the rich texture that we’re looking for.
-Sprinkles: You will need some holiday sprinkles to make the cheesecake look incredible and festive.
-Buttercream Topping: For the topping, you will need 2 sticks of softened butter, 6 cups of powdered sugar, a splash of vanilla, and more assorted holiday sprinkles of festive candies.
How to Make Christmas Cheesecake
Prepare the crust
Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
In the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan, combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter.
Press them down into an even crust.
Prepare the filling
In a large bowl blend together the cream cheese, sugar, peppermint, and vanilla extract until smooth.
Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until just blended.
Stir in some of the festive sprinkles and then pour over your prepared crust.
Bake and chill
Bake the cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until the center is almost set but still has a slight jiggle to it.
Run a knife along the outside of the pan to help loosen the cake and cool completely before removing the rim.
Place in the fridge for 4 hours to chill.
Prepare the topping
To make the buttercream topping, beat the butter in a mixing bowl until fluffy. Carefully add in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
If the frosting is too thick, add in a splash of milk or coffee creamer. Spread the frosting over the top of the cheesecake.
Pipe some frosting around the edges to look nice and then decorate with more Christmas sprinkles and festive candies.
Slice and serve. Enjoy!
- 18 mint oreo cookies crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 32 oz cream cheese, softened four 8-oz blocks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon peppermint
- 4 eggs
- Holiday sprinkles
- 1 cup butter softened
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- Splash of vanilla
- Assorted holiday candy and sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, peppermint and vanilla in a large bowl with mixer until blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended.
- Stir in some sprinkles and pour over crust.
- Bake 1 hour 5 min or until center is almost set but still slightly jiggly.
- Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake and cool completely before removing the rim.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- To make the buttercream topping, beat the butter until fluffy in a mixing bowl. Carefully add in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- If the frosting is too thick add a splash of milk or coffee creamer. Spread the frosting on the top of the cheesecake. Pipe some of the frosting around the edge. Decorate with candies and sprinkles. Serve & enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long is baked cheesecake good for?
This cheesecake is good for up to a week if kept stored in an airtight container or well covered in the fridge. It can also be kept stored well wrapped and covered in the freezer for up to three months, then just thaw and enjoy when ready. Keep in mind that any sprinkles on top of the decorated cheesecake may “bleed” color as the cheesecake thaws.
Does baked cheesecake need to be refrigerated?
Yes, for food safety reasons your cheesecake must be kept stored at cold temperatures either inside of the fridge (if eating within a week) or in the freezer (if you need more time to enjoy this dessert). You can have it sit out on the counter for up to 2 hours during a feast or after it’s cooled from the oven but that’s it. Any longer and the cheesecake can risk going bad.
For more ideas check out these other delicious cheesecake recipes
- PEANUT BUTTER CHEESECAKE BARS
- COCONUT CHEESECAKE BARS
- EGGNOG CHEESECAKE
- MINI EGGNOG CHEESECAKES
- EASY LEMON CHEESECAKE BARS
- PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BARS
- BANANA CREAM CHEESECAKES
- EASY SHEETPAN CHEESECAKES
- CARAMEL NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE
- NO BAKE MINI OREO CHEESECAKES
- NO-BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- S’MORES CHEESECAKE
- STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE BITES
This Christmas cheesecake recipe is perfect for the holidays. This mint oreo cheesecake will definitely help to put you in the holiday spirit this year!