Easy Fruit Tart made with a buttery crust, sweet cream cheese filling & topped with a variety of fresh fruits and berries! Fruit Tart Recipe easy enough for anyone to make!
If you want to make a dessert for a party that has everyone stop in their tracks and say “wow,” then this fruit tart recipe is it. Not only is it absolutely beautiful to behold, but it’s also easy to make and downright delicious to eat. The cream cheese filling in the center is a unique twist to the traditional custard filling and makes this taste much like a fruity no bake cheesecake- yum!
What is a fruit tart?
-Butter: We need 1/2 cup of softened butter (1 stick) to help hold this dough together and give it a buttery rich taste.
-Powdered Sugar: With 1/2 cup of powdered sugar we can add sweetness to the dough without adding texture like we would with granulated sugar.
-Flour: Our crust is flour based, so we will need 1 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour to work as the base.
-Salt: Using 1/4 teaspoon of salt we can enhance the flavors and make the crust taste great.
For Cream Cheese Filling
-Cream Cheese: Using 4 ounces of softened cream cheese (half a brick) we can get that creamy filling texture we want.
-Sugar: We need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar to help sweeten the filling so that it isn’t too tangy from the cream cheese.
-Vanilla: Just 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract is enough to flavor this filling well and make it taste great. I like to use high-quality vanilla because it tastes even better. 😉
-Strawberries: 4-6 whole fresh strawberries, green tops removed and centers hulled (if desired) and then thinly sliced.
-Grapes: Thinly slice 1/2 cup of green grapes so that they aren’t too large or round before using as a topping.
-Pineapple: We need an 8 ounce can of pineapple rings (drained). Slice the pineapple into small chunks or use as whole rings for a nice design.
-Blueberries: You can use 1/4 cup of fresh washed blueberries as a topping.
-Raspberries: 1/4 cup of fresh raspberries add red color to the top and adds a little sour tanginess to offset the sweets.
-Blackberries: Blackberries add flavor and color. You can use 1/4 cup of blackberries for the topping as well.
Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
Put the butter, powdered sugar, flour, and salt in a large bowl.
Mix the ingredients together with an electric mixer until combined and the dough starts to come together.
Move the dough to your tart pan and then press it down into the pan and up along the sides of the pan.
With a fork, prick the bottom of the tart crust multiple times so that you can prevent any air bubbles.
While the crust is baking, use this time to make the cream cheese filling.
Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl until smooth.
Let the crust cool for 10 minutes before adding the filling to the tart crust and spread it out evenly.
Prepare your fruit by thinly slicing the strawberries, grapes and pineapples if desired.
Arrange the fruit on the top of the tart in any design you’d like.
- 1/2 cup butter one stick
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
For Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-6 strawberries
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 8 oz pineapple rings
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl add the butter, powdered sugar, all-purpose flour, and salt.
- Using a mixer, combine ingredients on low until the dough starts to clump together.
- Move dough to tart pan and use fingers to press the dough firmly into the pan, making sure to press along the sides as well.
- Use a fork to prick the bottom of the tart crust multiple times to prevent any air bubbles.
- Bake the tart crust for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While the tart crust is baking, make the cream cheese filling. In a medium bowl add the cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Using a mixer, beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Once the tart crust has cooled for about 10 minutes, scoop the cream cheese filling into the tart and spread to cover the entire crust.
- Prepare the fruit by thinly slicing the strawberries, grapes and pineapples as desired.
- Arrange fruit in any pattern you like on top of the cream cheese filling. Slice, serve and enjoy!
How do I store the Fruit Tart?
You can store the Fruit Tart in the fridge for up to 3 days in a well covered or airtight container. You want to make sure that the tart stays well covered so that it doesn’t dry out and become gummy.
Can I eat these warm or cold?
Either! We love them as soon as we finish assembling them. They are also delicious after
they’ve chilled in the fridge. So go ahead ad eat them as soon as you finish assembling it or let it chill and eat it later, there’s no wrong way!
After arranging your fruit on the tart in any design that you like, if you’d like to give it a little bakery-quality shine you can use a super simple hack! Simply take 1/2 cup of apple jelly (or orange marmalade!) and place it in a bowl. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat until melted (about 30 seconds-1 minute). Stir and let cool slightly so you don’t melt your tart. Then brush it over the top of the fruit with a pastry brush and let set. Now your fruit tart looks gorgeous and glossy.
Other delicious fruit recipes to check out soon!
- Fruit Salad with Cool Whip
- Peaches and Cream Fruit Dip
- Lemon Raspberry Fruit Pizza
- Brown Butter Blueberry Muffins
- Snickerdoodle Fruit Dip
- Blackberry Fruit Cobbler
- Creamy Orange Fruit Salad
- Lemon Raspberry Muffins
- Fruit Smoothie Popsicles
- Glazed Strawberry Fruit Pizza
- Glazed Strawberry Bundt Cake
- Fruity Summertime Treats
- French Toast Fruit Kabobs
- Raspberry Cream Cake
- Easy Fruit Pizza Cookies
With a colorful and fun treat like this fruit tart, you’ll always have a seasonal treat that’s perfect for enjoying fresh fruits. As fancy as a fruit tart recipe sounds, this one is very easy and simple to throw together. You’re going to love it! Easy Fruit Tart made with a buttery crust, sweet cream cheese filling & topped with a variety of fresh fruits and berries! Fruit Tart Recipe easy enough for anyone to make!