Blackberry Peach Cobbler is made with canned peaches, fresh blackberries and a few other simple ingredients. Make this easy cobbler recipe and treat your family and friends to a delightful and delicious dessert.
The combination of flavors in this peach blackberry cobbler is simply amazing, these two fruits pair so perfectly together. This blackberry peach cobbler recipe only has 6 ingredients, it comes together quickly and disappears just as fast!
Easy Blackberry and Peach Cobbler
I love any reason to make a fruit pie or cobbler and recently we went peach picking at a neighbors house. They had so many and couldn’t eat them all, my family was happy to lend a hand with that! We enjoy this juicy refreshing fruit so much, it really does taste like summer. This easy fruit cobbler recipe is a go-to in my house, it is so fast to throw together, I usually bake it while we are eating dinner. Then we all enjoy a bowl with ice cream on top. Also, did you know that the large peach cobbler ever made use 75 gallons of peaches? Insane!! It measured an incredible 11 feet x 5 feet x 8 inches deep. Of course this was made at the Georgia Peach Festival back in 2007, they are known for their superior tasting peaches.
Why we think you will enjoy this easy cobbler recipe
In case you need more convincing, here are a few reasons why you should give this delicious cobbler a try today!
- Fast prep time. This recipe only takes about 5 minutes of effort to throw together, so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time relaxing while the dessert bakes.
- It is customizable. You can add in or adjust whatever you want with this fruit cobbler recipe. Want a mix of berries? Want to add some nuts? Do it, the sky is the limit!
- Make it easy. If you really want to make this recipe super easy you can use frozen fruit, it makes it a quick and simple recipe to throw together and get the baking started.
How to peel peaches
A simple way to peel peaches is to submerge RIPE peaches in boiling water for about 15-20 seconds. The peel will literally slide right off! Peaches that are not quite as ripe may require a little more effort in getting the peel off, but it’s still a lot easier! Also, for more info and directions on the best way to peel a peach check out this link!
Blackberry Peach Cobbler Ingredients
Butter: For a rich taste and great texture, use 1/2 cup of butter, melted.
Flour: You will need 2 cups of flour to create the crumbly mixture for this recipe.
Sugar: Add in 2 cups of sugar to help sweeten this dessert up just right.
Milk: Use 1 cup of milk to get just the right consistency to the crumble.
Peaches: You need 1 15-ounce can of peaches, sliced and drained well, for this tasty treat. If you want to use fresh peaches, this is equal to 2 cups.
Blackberries: Use 1 1/4 cup of fresh blackberries for this heavenly dessert.
How to make Easy Blackberry Peach Cobbler
Preheat oven to 375°. Once preheated, place the butter in a 9X13 pan and put the pan in the oven for about 2-3 minutes. As soon as the butter is melted, pull the pan out.
Prepare the blackberries by cleaning and destemming them, also drain the can of peaches as well and set both fruits aside.
Next, in a medium size mixing bowl, stir to combine the flour, sugar and milk. Proceed to pour the mixture over the melted butter in the pan. Then, add the peaches and blackberries on top.
Place the pan back in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Serve warm, if desired, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Enjoy!
Blackberry Peach Cobbler
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 15 oz can sliced peaches drained well
- 10 oz bag frozen blackberries
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place the butter in a 9X13 pan and put the pan in the preheated oven. As soon as the butter is melted, pull the pan out.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar and milk. Pour the mixture over the melted butter in the pan. Add the drained peaches and blackberries on top and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for best results!
CAN I ADD MORE OR DIFFERENT FRUIT?
Absolutely! This fruit cobbler will work well with most fruits, if peach and blackberries are not your favorite swap them out for something else. Some other great options would be blueberries, raspberries or even strawberries too.
FRESH OR CANNED PEACHES?
You will need about 2 cups of peaches for peach cobbler. I usually use canned peaches, but you can use fresh peaches too. Just be sure to peel the peaches beforehand.
HOW LONG WILL THIS FRUIT COBBLER LAST?
This dessert is meant to be made and enjoyed immediately, but it will last about two days if there are left overs. The texture changes with each passing day, make sure to enjoy it before it is no good. This also does not have to be stored in the refrigerator for the first two days, after that put it in the fridge if there are still left overs.
Check out our collection of best peach recipes here!
- Peaches and Cream Fruit Dip
- Peaches and Cream Salad
- Creamy Peach Pie
- Easy Homemade Peach Syrup recipe
- Berry Peach Pie
- Easy Peach Pie & Easy Pie Crust Recipe
- Peach Snickerdoodles
- No Bake Peaches and Cream Pie
- Raspberry Peach Freezer Jam
- Easy Peach Cobbler
Blackberry Peach Cobbler is made with canned peaches, blackberries and a few other basic kitchen ingredients. Make this easy cobbler recipe and treat your family and friends to an incredibly delicious dessert.