Easy Pear Sorbet is made with fresh fruit and just a few other simple ingredients. This fruit sorbet is a homemade frozen treat that is perfectly sweet and flavorful.
Make this easy pear dessert with only 4 ingredients and about 10 minutes of prep time! Finding delicious non dairy desserts can be difficult, give this pear sorbet a try and enjoy this frozen treat tonight!
Simple Fruit Sorbet
If you have never had pear sorbet, you are missing out! This fruit happens to be a household favorite in my family, we all really love them. Enjoying them as a frozen dessert is one great way to use those ripe pears up! This recipe uses white grape juice (or apple juice), but you can also use pear juice if you have some on hand. Really, you can use any type of fruit juice that you want, but any other kind might overpower the flavor of the pears. The pear taste is a main reason this is such a fantastic recipe, it is a subtle and delicious flavor. Give this simple sorbet recipe a try today and see just how great it is for yourself!
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS PEAR SORBET
If you need more reasons to try this recipe today, here are a few of our top reasons we love this tasty frozen treat.
- Simple ingredients. This cold dessert is so easy to make. With just 4 ingredients you will create an incredible dessert to serve to your family and friends.
- Cool treat! There is nothing better than a nice frozen dessert on a warm summer night. This simple fruit sorbet will cool you down and satisfy your sweet craving.
- Great use of ripe fruit. If you and your family are anything like mine, fruit is either devoured in a couple days or it sits in the basket getting overly ripe. There is no in between. With a great recipe like this, you have pears that are a bit too ripe you can use them to make an amazing frozen sorbet!
Pear Sorbet Ingredients
Pears: For the base of this simple sorbet recipe, you will need 5 small pears, peeled and sliced.
Juice: Adding in 3/4 cups of white grape juice or apple juice, will great a fantastic sorbet consistency and add flavor as well.
Sugar: You need 1/3 cup of sugar to sweeten this frozen treat perfectly.
Lemon juice: Use 4 teaspoons of lemon juice, you can use fresh or packaged, either one will add more great flavor.
How to make Easy Pear Sorbet
Start by peeling each pear and slicing into eight even pieces.
Next, transfer the sliced pears into a medium saucepan. Then add the juice, sugar and lemon juice. Bring this mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Let this mixture cool for about 3-5 minutes.
Proceed to pour the pear mixture into a blender and blend on medium/high for 1-2 minutes, until the mixture is completely smooth.
After that, pour the mixture into a freezable container, cover with a lid and place in the freezer for about 4 hours or until firm.
Once the sorbet has frozen, you can serve it straight out of the freezer, or you can put the frozen sorbet back into the blender for about 20-30 seconds right before serving (if you prefer a smooth consistency).
Enjoy this tasty frozen treat!
EASY PEAR SORBET
- 5 small pears peeled and sliced
- ¾ cup white grape juice or apple juice
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- Prep: Start by peeling each pear and slicing into eight even pieces.
- Cook: Next, transfer the sliced pears into a medium saucepan. Then add the juice, sugar and lemon juice. Bring this mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Let this mixture cool for about 3-5 minutes.
- Blend: Proceed to pour the pear mixture into a blender and blend on medium/high for 1-2 minutes, until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Freeze: After that, pour the mixture into a freezable container, cover with a lid and place in the freezer for about 4 hours or until firm.
- Serve: Once the sorbet has frozen, you can serve it straight out of the freezer, or you can put the frozen sorbet back into the blender for about 20-30 seconds right before serving (if you prefer a smooth consistency). Enjoy this tasty frozen treat!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE SORBET?
You only have to spend about 10-15 minutes actually making the sorbet, but then you do have to allow about 4 hours of freezing time until it is completely frozen. I just make mine a day or two before I need it.
HOW LONG IS HOMEMADE PEAR SORBET GOOD FOR?
If you store homemade sorbet properly, it will be good for about 1-2 weeks. The perfect amount of time to enjoy it a few times! You want to store it in an airtight container.
HOW DO YOU STORE HOMEMADE SORBET?
It should be stored in the coldest part of the freezer, preferably not in the door. You do not want the sorbet to melt and refreeze, to prevent ice crystals from forming. Store on a shelf, in the middle section of the freezer for maximum results.
SORBET VS. SHERBET – WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?
Are sherbet and sorbet the same thing? No, they are not the same thing. Sorbets are usually dairy-free, mostly made with fruit and ice. In this recipe, you don’t add ice to the fruit, but fruit juice and a little bit of sugar before pureeing and freezing. While sherbet is generally made with some sort of fruit juice and some type of dairy as well.
LIKE FROZEN DESSERTS? HERE ARE MORE OF OUR FAVORITES!
- Banana Split Milkshakes
- Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
- Easy Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- Quick Strawberry Ice Cream
- Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Strawberry Banana Sorbet recipe
- Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- Apple Pie Milkshakes
- Skinny OREO Milkshakes
- Easy Kool-Aid Sherbet
Easy Pear Sorbet is made easily with fruit and a few other basic kitchen ingredients. This fruit sorbet is a fantastic homemade frozen treat that is sweet and flavorful.