Easy Halloween Snack Mix is a sweet & salty treat perfect for parties! You’ll need pretzels, chocolate & Chex cereal for this easy festive snack mix recipe!
If you are looking for a fun recipe to treat your family and friends to this Halloween, look no further than this incredible snack mix for Halloween. It’s easy to make and everyone loves the salty sweet combination.
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS HALLOWEEN SNACK MIX
If you need more reasons to try this recipe, here are our top three to convince you.
- Simple ingredients. This fun and festive treat is so easy to make. With just a few ingredients you will have a great snack mix to serve to your family and friends.
- Comes together fast! What I love most about this recipe is that it is so quick to prepare. I can whip up a batch of this tasty treat quickly and with little effort.
- Festive and fun! Who doesn’t love a delicious holiday treat? This chex mix with sweet candy is not only tasty but fun to eat too!
CAN I USE ANY CHEX MIX VARIETY?
Yes, you absolutely can! While I personally enjoy using the non-flavored simple Rice Chex or the Corn Chex cereals in my versions of this snack mix, you can use any flavor of Chex that you want. In fact, using a chocolate-flavored Chex could be an amazing way to kick this Holiday Chex Mix recipe up a notch! Feel free to experiment and see which flavor combination you prefer. This is not a “one size fits all” recipe and I encourage you to choose the ingredient flavors that are you favorite!
Halloween Snack Mix Ingredients
Chex cereal: You will need 3 cups of corn chex cereal, any variety and flavor will taste great.
Pretzels: Add in 3 cups of mini pretzel twists to have more crunchy goodness in every bite.
Rolos: Using 1 ½ cup of unwrapped rolos will add some amazing chocolatey chunks in this snack mix.
Reese’s pieces: For more amazing flavor add ¾ cups of Reese’s pieces. You can substitute the Reese’s pieces for orange, yellow and brown M&M’s to make the mix nut allergy friendly.
Chocolate covered pretzels: For some spooky Halloween fun, make 1 batch of candy coated pumpkin pretzels and add to this mix.
Step by step on how to make Easy Holiday Snack Mix
In a large bowl, combine the chex cereal, pretzels, candy coated pumpkin pretzels and rolos. Then sprinkle over the Reese’s pieces and enjoy.
Adding the Reese’s pieces after you have mixed the other ingredients is helpful, these little candies will naturally fall to the bottom of the bowl.
Try these coated pretzel recipes to add to this mix
Check out these super fun Halloween treats to try, they are always a huge hit with my kids. We love to entertain each year before going trick-or-treating, these are a great addition to the Chex snack mix.
Easy Halloween Snack Mix
- 3 cups Chex cereal any variety and flavor will taste great.
- 3 cups mini pretzel twists
- 1 ½ cups unwrapped rolos
- ¾ cups Reese's pieces
- 1 batch of candy coated pumpkin pretzels
- In a large bowl, combine the chex cereal, pretzels, candy coated pumpkin pretzels and rolos. Then sprinkle over the Reese’s pieces and enjoy.
- Adding the Reese's pieces after you have mixed the other ingredients is helpful, these little candies will naturally fall to the bottom of the bowl.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
ALTERNATIVE CHEX SNACK MIX IDEAS
If you want to make this snack mix around Christmas time, you can mix up the ingredients easily. Instead of candy coated pumpkin pretzels, add in some fun Christmas tree pretzels, or just simple chocolate covered pretzels too. You can also leave out the rolo’s and add in crush candy canes or a few handfuls of peppermint crunch.
For Valentine’s Day you can add some pink, red and white chocolate M&M’s, or some romantic heart shaped chocolates even. Another great addition to this mix would be mini marshmallows too!
HOW LONG DOES HALLOWEEN CHEX MIX LAST?
Well, around my house it does not last long at all! But that’s not what you are asking. If you keep your Snack Chex Mix in an airtight container it can last up to 7-14 days and still taste amazing. Anything after that and you may experience stale cereal which is still edible, just less enjoyable.
Try more great Halloween recipes here!
- Spider Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Funfetti Halloween Cookies
- Halloween Popcorn
- Scaredy Cat Cookies
- OREO Owl Cupcakes
- Bloody Shirley Temple
- Halloween Chocolate Bombs
- HALLOWEEN PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE PIZZA
- CUTE & CREEPY HALLOWEEN TREATS
- HALLOWEEN CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
- HALLOWEEN RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- Spooky & Delicious Halloween Recipes
- HALLOWEEN SPRINKLE COOKIES
- HALLOWEEN CANDY CORN GRANOLA BARS
- HALLOWEEN CHOCOLATE CHIP SPIDER COOKIES
- 3 Ingredient Easy Ghost Halloween Cookies
Easy Halloween Snack Mix is a festive and delicious treat that is made with just a few ingredients. For this Halloween snack mix recipe all you need is candy, chex cereal and some spooky treats!