Alien Pretzels made from candy coated mini pretzels with a paranormal twist! Perfect for Halloween or anytime you need a spooky, creepy treat!
- mini pretzels
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or candy melts
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil (or shortening)*
- green & orange food coloring
- round chocolate candies (Sixlets work well!)
- 3 TBSP semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place 3/4 cup white chocolate chips in a glass bowl along with 1/2 tsp coconut oil. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Let sit in the microwave for an additional minute. Stir gently, then return to the microwave for 15 seconds, if needed.
- Divide chocolate and add green coloring to one of the bowls and stir gently.
- Dip each pretzel into the bowl of chocolate, gently tapping the edge of the bowl to release excess chocolate. This process is so much easier when you use a dipping tool! Lay the covered pretzel down on a piece of wax paper. Use a small knife to clear the chocolate from the bottom hole of the pretzel, which will be the Alien mouth.
- Place the semi sweet chocolate in a small baggie. Microwave for 40 seconds, or until melted. Cut the corner of the bag and pipe chocolate into the top 2 pretzel holes, filling in the alien eyes. Place round candies on top of chocolate. Repeat this process with the remaining white chocolate chips. You can leave them white and use this chocolate to fill in the eyes of the green alien pretzels, or you can separate it and color some chocolate orange to decorate the eyes. Let completed pretzels cool to set.
- Repeat the process until you have the desired amount of alien pretzels, re-heating up the chocolate as necessary. Store in an airtight container to save.
*Omit coconut oil if you use candy melts.