Halloween Mummy Pretzels are made with just a few ingredients in minutes! They’re a fun & spooky pretzel treat that’s perfect for Halloween!
Halloween is a great time of the year for all things spooky and sweet. My kids love getting creative with this holiday and what can be more creative than these Halloween pretzels? Salty, sweet, crunchy, and perfect for parties, gatherings, or binge-eating while watching horror films on tv. They’re festive and fun and almost as easy to make as they are to eat!
This simple and easy chocolate dipped pretzels recipe is a great treat that only takes minutes to prep. While you will have to wait for the chocolate to set, you can always speed it up with a quick trip to the fridge! Perfect for those of us with little patience when it comes to chocolate.
Enjoy the Halloween spirit in the room and the smiles on everyone’s faces when you show off a batch of these Halloween pretzel treats. It’s such an unexpected snack that you’ll no doubt turn heads and receive countless praises for your “hard work.”
Mummy Pretzels Ingredients
-Mini Pretzels: The number of pretzels needed will vary but buying a bag of mini pretzels and sorting out for the unbroken ones should give you enough for a batch or two of these pretzel treats (plus it will give you some broken pretzels to snack on).
-White Chocolate: You will need ¾ cup of white chocolate chips (about half an 8-ounce bag) or you can use white candy melts instead. If using candy melts you will not need the coconut oil.
-Coconut oil: We only need ½ teaspoon of coconut oil. This will help to get your chocolate to melt smoothly and perfectly. You can use shortening if you don’t have coconut oil handy.
-Candy Eyeballs: You will need to use candy eyeballs to help make your mummies come to life. You can find candy eyeballs online or in-person in stores such as Michaels Craft Store, Joanns, or Walmart (to name a few).
How to Make Halloween Mummy Pretzels
In a glass bowl, place ½ cup of white chocolate chips and ½ teaspoon of coconut oil.
Microwave on high for 1 minute and let sit in the microwave for another minute. Stir gently and then return to the microwave for another 15 seconds, if needed. You want your chocolate to be smooth but do not overcook as it will seize.
Place your remaining chocolate chips in a small baggie and microwave for 45 seconds or until warm and soft.
Dip each pretzel in the bowl of white chocolate, and gently tap the excess chocolate off of each pretzel and back into the bowl.
Lay the coated pretzels on a piece of wax paper.
Place the candy eyes on the top two holes of the pretzel, and let sit until the chocolate has cooled and set.
Take your bag of white chocolate and snip the corner of the baggie. Pipe the white chocolate onto the top of each pretzel, in lines to look like mummy wrapping. Crisscross over the face “face” so that you go around each eye. Let cool until solid.
Repeat the process until all of the pretzel mummies have been made.
Keep mummies stored in an airtight container once set.
HALLOWEEN MUMMY PRETZELS
- mini pretzels
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips or candy melts divided
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil or shortening
- candy eyeballs
- Place 1/2 cup white chocolate chips in a glass bowl along with 1/2 tsp coconut oil. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Let sit in the microwave for an additional minute. Stir gently, then return to the microwave for 15 seconds, if needed.
- Place remaining 1/4 cup white chocolate chips in a small baggie. Microwave for 45 seconds, or until warm and soft.
- Dip each pretzel into the bowl of white chocolate, gently tapping the edge of the bowl to release excess chocolate. This process is so much easier when you use a dipping tool! Lay the covered pretzel down on a piece of wax paper. Place candy eyeballs into the top 2 cavities in the pretzel. Let cool until solid.
- Take the baggie of white chocolate and snip the corner. Pipe white chocolate onto the top of each coated pretzel in lines, criss-crossing the entire “face” going around each eye. Let cool until solid.
- Repeat the process until you have the desired amount of mummy pretzels, re-heating up the chocolate as necessary. Store in an airtight container to save.
How long are chocolate dipped pretzels good for?
These pretzels could easily last up to 3 weeks if stored properly in an airtight container at room temperature. That said, they are always best enjoyed when fresh to prevent stale pretzels.
Can I freeze chocolate covered pretzels?
Yes, you could freeze them. If you plan on freezing them, I recommend flash freezing the set pretzels on a baking sheet in the freezer for 1 hour before transferring to an airtight container and freezing for up to 3 months. Thaw before eating. Keep in mind that the chocolate will sweat as they thaw and the colors in the candy eyeballs may start to run as well.
How to dip pretzels
Using a dipping tool like this one you can do this part of the recipe pretty easily. You could also just use a fork to submerge and lift the pretzels too. Other options include using your fingers, but that is definitely the messier way to do things.
Like this Halloween Recipe? Here are some spooky and delicious Halloween recipes:
- HALLOWEEN PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE PIZZA
- CUTE & CREEPY HALLOWEEN TREATS
- HALLOWEEN CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
- HALLOWEEN RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- HALLOWEEN SPRINKLE COOKIES
- HALLOWEEN CANDY CORN GRANOLA BARS
- HALLOWEEN CHOCOLATE CHIP SPIDER COOKIES
- HALLOWEEN PRETZELS THREE WAYS
- HALLOWEEN CREAM SODAS
- FUNFETTI HALLOWEEN COOKIES
- HALLOWEEN MUMMY PRETZELS
- HALLOWEEN POPCORN
- EASY HALLOWEEN CAKE POPS
- SCAREDY CAT COOKIES
- BLOODY SHIRLEY TEMPLE
Halloween Mummy Pretzels made with melted white chocolate covered pretzels and candy eyeballs. Super easy Halloween dessert anyone can make.