Donut shaped Rice Krispie treats are a perfect treat for any occasion. Made like your favorite rice crispy’s, but with a fun (and tasty) twist. The kids will be raving about these personal serving sized treats for years to come!
I saw these darling treats at a specialty kitchen store recently and know I had to make them at home. Aren’t they so cute?! My kids about fell over when they saw them! They’re super simple to make and taste amazing. I mean, c’mon- you’re covering a buttery- marshmallow treat with chocolate and sprinkles- it HAS to taste good!
What are donut rice krispie treats?
Like your favorite rice Krispies recipe, but topped with frosting and sprinkles like a fun donut would be. Don’t forget the awesome round shape to really help make these treats look and feel more “real.” This simple rice Krispies recipe is easy to make and fun for both adults and kids.
Donut Krispie Treats Ingredients
-Marshmallows: We need 5 cups of mini marshmallows for this recipe. This is about how many you find in a 10-11 ounce bag.
-Butter: We want 3 tablespoons of butter to help melt everything together and add a rich tasty flavor.
-Rice Krispies: The star of the show is 5 cups of Rice Crispy cereal. Use name brand or off-brand, the choice is yours.
-Almond Bark: This is an easy to melt white chocolate found in the baking aisle of grocery stores, usually near the chocolate chips and nuts.
-Candy Melts: We want bags of pink and blur colored candy melts, but you could use other colors to fit a theme if preferred.
-Sprinkles: Pick your favorite candy sprinkles for this recipe, or use something festive.
How to make donut rice krispie treats
In a large bowl, combine the butter and marshmallows. Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Stir the mixture together a few times and then stir in the cereal, stirring again to combine.
Press the mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish. Let cool completely. If you’re impatient like I was, you can stick the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Turn the cooled treats onto a cutting board and use different shaped round biscuit cutters to cut out circles and holes for the center (like a round donut).
Depending on what size cutters you use, you may get about 10-12 “donuts” from the batch.
Melt your chocolates in separate bowls in 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring well between each until smooth.
Dip one side of the donuts for the top and use a spoon to fill in spots if needed.
Drizzle additional chocolate on top in a different color for added appearance, if you’d like.
Add sprinkles over the top and let cool completely until set.
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 TBSP butter
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- almond bark
- pink & blue candy melts
- Combine butter and marshmallows in a large bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds. Stir a few times and add in Rice Krispie cereal. Stir well to combine. Press into a greased 9x13 pan. Cool completely. (I was impatient so I stuck mine in the freezer for 10 minutes!)
- Turn cooled treats onto a cutting board. Using different sizes of biscuit cutters, cut circles, then use a much smaller cutter to cut the donut holes out of the middle. Depending on what size of circles you cut, you will likely get 10-12 donuts. I use my Ateco Cutters- they're perfect for this since they come in a variety of sizes.
- Melt each of the chocolates in small bowls. Dip Krispie Donuts into chocolate, filling in with a spoon where needed. Drizzle on additional chocolate if you'd like. Sprinkle colored jimmies on top. Let cool completely until set.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Tip for using leftover chocolate
I have a tendency not to measure chocolate when dipping treats- this obviously makes preparation faster, but it’s also annoying because oftentimes I have leftover chocolate. I don’t want to waste it, so what I do is scrape the leftovers onto a piece of parchment. Let it sit for 5 minutes or so to cool & harden. Then simple pick up the chocolate disc and store it in a ziplock baggie until next time! That’s it!
How long are rice krispie donuts good for?
These chocolate covered Rice Krispie treats are good for up to a week if stored properly in an airtight container at room temperature.
More recipes featuring rice Krispies
- HALLOWEEN RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- SALTED CARAMEL RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- FRANKENSTEIN RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- EASTER RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- BEST RICE KRISPIE TREATS RECIPES
- RICE KRISPIE ICE CREAM CONES
- RICE KRISPIE TREAT FONDUE BITES #KreateMyHappy
- DIVINELY RICH RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- REESE’S KRISPIE NO BAKE COOKIES
- S’MORES KRISPIE TREATS
- SPRING KRISPIE TREATS
- LAYERED S’MORES KRISPIES
- OREO KRISPIE TREATS
- BUTTERSCOTCH KRISPIE TREATS
Donut rice krispies are a fun treat for both kids and adults to enjoy. Serve up your rice krispie donuts for holidays, birthdays, parties, and more!