These lovely spring rice krispie treats are a snack that every can enjoy. With fun colored marshmallows, extra butter and pastel colored M&Ms every square looks and tastes incredible.
We love rice krispie treats and making rice krispies from scratch is as much fun as eating them. With this soft rice krispie treats recipe on hand you’re spring just got sweeter. Making these M&M rice krispie treats is as easy as you’d expect, but the presentation is still pretty incredible.
What are springtime rice crispies?
Like your regular rice crispy recipe, only better! Made with pastel colored springtime M&Ms, colorful sprinkles, and two types of marshmallows, every batch is packed with a gorgeous color scheme that works well for after-church treats, Easter dessert, or simply just because. Sometimes after a cold and dark winter, you need a little color in your life and these spring rice Krispies are exactly the right burst of color needed to help warm you up to the wonderful spring season!
Spring Krispie Treats Ingredients
-Rice Krispie Cereal: We need 5 cups of rice crispy cereal to help be the base of these treats.
-Marshmallows: With 5 cups of regular mini marshmallows and 1 cup of pastel colored mini marshmallows we can have a nice and sticky sweet treat.
-Butter: 4 Tablespoons of butter will be needed to help the mixture from sticking too much. It also adds a nice richness to the overall flavor.
-M&Ms: We need 1 cup of Springtime colored M&Ms to help give us that colorful and chocolate-filled effect that we so desire.
How to Make Spring Rice Krispies
Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and then set it aside for later.
In a large bowl, measure out the rice krispie cereal and then set it aside.
In another large microwaveable bowl, pour your regular mini marshmallows and butter. Spraying the bowl and a rubber spatula with nonstick spray can be helpful.
Microwave the marshmallows and butter on high for 1 minute until the marshmallows begin to puff up.
Remove the bowl from the microwave and then stir in the cereal.
Once it’s well mixed, add in the pastel colored mini marshmallows and the M&Ms, stirring until they’re well incorporated as well.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared 9×13 pan and gently press down on the top to compact them into the dish and make it as level as possible.
If desired, add sprinkles over the top.
Let the rice krispie treats cool completely before slicing into squares and serving.
SPRING KRISPIE TREATS
- 5 cups rice Krispie cereal
- 5 cups regular mini marshmallows
- 4 TBSP butter
- 1 cup pastel mini marshmallows
- 1 cup springtime M&M's
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. PRO TIP: Everyone always asks how I make rice krispie treats without all the sticky mess. Well, not only do I spray the 9x13 pan, I also spray the bowl AND my rubber scraper. It works so well- just watch the video above! No sticky marshmallow mess to clean!
- Measure out rice Krispie cereal and set aside. Add regular mini marshmallows and butter to a large, microwaveable bowl. (I like to spray the bowl and a rubber spatula first with non-stick spray to make this entire process easier!)
- Microwave for 1 minute on high, until marshmallows begin to puff up. Remove from microwave and stir in cereal. Once it's well incorporated, add in pastel mini marshmallows and M&M's. Stir until mixture is combined. Transfer to 9x13 pan and press gently into pan, making the top as level as possible.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Looking for some fun and awesome sprinkle ideas?
In the video, I added sprinkles to the top of these fun Krispie treats. WE loved them even more! You could make your own sprinkle mixture, or check out this Unicorn mix or this colorful sprinkle mix made with natural food dyes– love it!
How to keep your rice krispie making mess to a minimum
PRO TIPs: Everyone always asks how I make rice krispie treats without all the sticky mess. Well, not only do I spray the 9×13 pan, but I also spray the bowl AND my rubber scraper. It works so well- just watch the video above! No sticky marshmallow mess to clean!
Looking for more fun spring recipes? Check these out!
- Spring Flower Pudding Cups
- Easy Pistachio Salad
- Butterfly Cupcakes
- Lemon Muddy Buddies
- Banana Cream Cheesecake Bars
- Lemon Raspberry Muffins
- Chocolate Mint Easter Eggs
- White Chocolate Marshmallow Pops
- Peanut Butter Blossom Cupcakes
- Maple Glazed Carrots
- Flower Pot Cookies
- Easter Rice Krispie Treats
- Strawberry Sugar Cookie Bars
- Easter Egg Nests
- Holiday Cookie Salad
These easy spring time rice krispie treats are the perfect treat for enjoying any time. With a few simple ingredients and steps, you can have a batch ready in no time.