Easy Pineapple Bundt Cake made with just 5 ingredients and SO GOOD! Canned pineapple with the juice, a cake mix, eggs & butter combine for this deliciously simple bundt cake recipe!
Enjoy a tropical flavored dish without the hassle and let your taste buds feel like they’re on vacation with this pineapple cake. A pineapple bundt cake with pineapple glaze is perfect for any day of the year or any occasion. Whether you just want a sweet treat or you want to present a cake as dessert at a party, this pineapple cake recipe is perfect.
Pineapple bundt cake
It’s an easy to make, fluffy and moist cake filled with pineapple flavors. Perfect for those of us that can’t get enough of this sweet and tangy fruit! Using canned pineapple and a box of yellow cake mix, we get a flavorful dessert without much effort. In fact, we only need a handful ingredients to complete this recipe making it a great minimal ingredient dessert that is sure to impress.
For the cake you will need:
-Boxed cake mix: You want to use 1 box of yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker) to be the base of your dessert.
-Butter: One stick of melted salted butter (½ cup) will make this cake flavorful and rich.
-Eggs- we use 3 large eggs in this recipe
-Pineapple juice: Use the juice in your canned pineapple or buy a bottle of pineapple juice. Either way, you’ll need ¾ cups for the cake batter.
-Canned pineapple: You can use 1 cup of crushed pineapple or 1 cup of chunked pineapple. The flavor won’t change, just the cake texture. I prefer crushed pineapple!
-Powdered sugar: We need 1 cup of powdered sugar to sweeten and thicken our glaze for the bundt cake.
-Pineapple juice: Using ¾ cup of pineapple juice, we get a flavorful glaze that packs a punch.
-Butter: We only need ¼ cup of room temperature butter, but it’s enough to make this glaze rich and glossy.
Preheat your oven to 350F degrees and grease a 10-12 cup sized bundt pan with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix together the pineapple juice, melted butter, and cake mix until smooth. Add in the eggs and crushed/ chunk pineapple and mix on high speed for 2 minutes.
Pour the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan.
Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan. Do not remove it.
Once cooled, place a small saucepan over medium heat on the stove.
Mix together the glaze ingredients in your saucepan until the butter has melted and then remove it from the heat.
Using a straw or skewer, poke holes all over the bottom of the cake.
Pour about ¾ cup of the glaze over the bottom of the cake and allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes.
Flip the cake over onto a platter, remove the pan, and then drizzle the remaining glaze over the top of the bundt cake. Serve & enjoy!
Easy Pineapple Bundt Cake
For the cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix (used betty crocker) 15.25 oz
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup crushed or chunked pineapple
For the Glaze
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 10-12 cup bundt pan with butter or baking cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pineapple juice, melted butter, and cake mix until smooth. Add in the eggs and crushed/ chunk pineapple and mix on high speed for 2 minutes. Transfer to prepared bundt cake pan.
- Bake the pineapple cake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick placed into the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to fully cool.
- Meanwhile, mix together your glaze ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the butter has melted through. Remove from heat.
- Using a straw or skewer, poke holes throughout the bottom of the cake. Pour 1/3 of the glaze over the bottom of the cake and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Flip the cake over onto a serving platter. Add 1.5 cups powdered sugar to the remaining glaze & spoon over the top. Serve and enjoy!
Can I use fresh pineapple instead of canned?
Yes, you can use fresh pineapple instead, but as a result, you’ll need to buy bottled pineapple juice instead of using the juice in the can. This requires extra effort to slice the pineapple into small chunks for the cake, but there will extra fresh pineapple for you to snack on while you wait!
Do you eat pineapple bundt cake warm or cold?
You can eat it either way, although room temperature or slightly warm seems best. Especially if served alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Yum!
How should I store this pineapple bundt cake?
Keep your cake well covered or in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. Then slice a piece off and enjoy whenever you want. This will keep the cake from spoiling too quickly, giving you several days to enjoy the cake and savor the incredible flavors.
- Caramel Apple Poke Cake
- Reeses Chocolate Dump Cake
- Frosted Applesauce Cake
- 90 Second Chocolate Lava Cake
- Apple Dump Cake
- Peaches and Cream Poke Cake
- Buttery Blueberry Cake
- Glazed Strawberry Bundt Cake
- Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake
- Upside Down Peach Cake Cake
- Blueberry Pound Cake
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Caramel GlazeRaspb
- Raspberry Buttermilk Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Fudge Truffle Cake
- Chocolate Cake with Caramel Sauce