Unlike other bundt cake recipes this one doesn’t require extra effort or ingredients to make the batter thick and moist. That’s a good thing though because using less ingredients and less effort is always a win in my books, especially when you get a tasty treat out of the deal!
Raspberry Buttermilk Cake
If you’re looking for an impressive no hassle dessert to share at your next dinner party or simply looking for a way to use up the fresh berries in your fridge, this recipe is it. It’s so gorgeous to cut into and show off the bright vibrant berries contrasting with the golden cake. Thankfully it tastes as good as it looks!
Does this cake need frosting?
Nope! The flavors and natural sweetness in this cake have it tasting perfect on its own. There’s no need to make the extra effort of making or applying to frost, but if you want to give it a little something extra, simply serving it up with some cool whip is a great idea.
What baking pans can I use?
This recipe requests that you use a bundt cake pan because it’s perfect in one, but you can use other pans too. A 9 inch round cake pan can be used if you cut the recipe in half (or used 2 cake pans). You can also use a 9×13 baking dish if you want to feed a crowd. For a 9×3 the cooking time is about 25-30 minutes so you can reduce the baking time by a few minutes with this method too.
Raspberry Buttermilk Cake Ingredients
-2 cups all purpose flour
-1 tsp. baking powder
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1/2 stick butter, softened
-1 1/3 cup sugar
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 cup buttermilk
-1 or 2 cups fresh raspberries
How to Make Raspberry Buttermilk Cake
Butter and flour a bundt cake pan.
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes and then beat in vanilla.
Add the eggs and then beat well.
Gradually alternate mixing the flour mixture and the buttermilk into the butter/sugar mixture. Continue mixing until everything is combined.
Fold in the raspberries and then spoon the batter into the prepared cake pan.
Bake at 400F degrees for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for about 10 minutes and then turn the cake out of the pan onto a cooling rack.
You can serve this cake warm or wait until it’s cooled down…either way, it is delicious!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-2 cups fresh raspberries
- Butter and flour a bundt cake pan (you could also make this in a 9X13 pan, or you can cut the recipe in half and make it in a 9-inch round pan).
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes and then beat in vanilla. Add the eggs and beat well.
- Gradually alternate mixing the flour mixture and the buttermilk into the butter/sugar mixture, mixing everything until just combined.
- Fold in the raspberries and spoon into cake pan.
- Bake at 400 for about 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. (If you make this in a 9X13, your cooking time will probably be 25-30 minutes.)
- Cool for about 10 minutes and then turn cake out of pan onto a cooling rack. You can serve this warm or wait until it's cooled down...either way it is delicious! Enjoy!
Can I make this recipe with other berries?
Absolutely! Make this buttermilk cake with blueberries, blackberries or even strawberries for a fun change of pace. It tastes delicious with any berry!
Can I use frozen raspberries?
Absolutely! If you don’t have fresh berries handy you can always use frozen. The best part is that there are no extra steps for using frozen, just toss them in and use the same way that you would have fresh.
Other tasty cake recipes you’ll want to try
- Snickers Cake
- Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake
- Death by Chocolate Cake
- Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes
- Raspberry and Cream Cake
- Easy Lemon Cake
- Lemon and Cream Cupcake
- Raspberry Jello Poke Cake
- Chocolate Coca Cola Cake
- Pumpkin Breakfast Cake
- Red White and Blue Swirl Cupcakes
- Caramel Popcorn Cake
- Mini Raspberry Shortcakes
- Rootbeer Float Cupcakes
- Oreo Owl Cupcakes
This raspberry buttermilk cake is a delicious dessert packed with sweet and tangy flavors of the fresh berries inside. You’re going to love how easy it is to make and how irresistible it is to eat!