90 Second Chocolate Lava Cake is made with only 3 ingredients and in 3 minutes or less. This is the fastest chocolate mug cake recipe with a sensational molten lava fudge filling!
This microwave chocolate cake is a quick and delicious single serving dessert that is perfect for when the sweet craving strikes. Make this molten chocolate lava cake to surprise your family with after dinner one night, watch their faces like up with delight as you serve these individual cakes.
Single Serving Chocolate Lava Cakes
Molten chocolate cake is an absolute favorite dessert of mine, so I was thrilled when a friend told me how easy it was to make your very own individual cake. In only 90 seconds, in the microwave! The best part, you only need 3 ingredients, one of which is water. How is this even possible?? It is almost dangerous how easy it is to whip up this decadent treat. Since we discovered the recipe, my kids and I have made these cakes a few too many times. How many other amazing treats can you whip up so quickly? To top it off, add a scoop of ice cream and enjoy!
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS CAKE IN A MUG
If you were not already sold on this simple and tasty recipe, the following reasons are sure to convince you to give it a try.
- Easy to make! It is a cake, baked in a mug. How much simpler does it get than this? Give it a try, see for yourself how easy it is to whip up this delightful treat.
- Simple ingredients. This mug cake is made with only 3 simple ingredients. I am sure you already have one of them on hand, the other two are inexpensive and can be found in any grocery store easily.
- Versatile recipe. One thing I really love about this cookie in a mug recipe is that I can switch up the cake flavor easily. If you want to make this with a yellow or white cake, go for it! If you want a confetti lava cake, do it! There are endless possibilities with this easy mug cake recipe.
90 Second Chocolate Lava Cake Ingredients
Chocolate cake mix: For the base of this simple chocolate cake, you will need ½ cup of a packaged cake mix, any variety will do. Because you only need half a cup to make each mini cake, you can save the rest for another day when the sweet craving strikes again.
Water: Adding in ⅓ cup of water will create just the right cake batter consistency that will result in a perfect cake texture.
Hot fudge topping: Use 2 tablespoons of hot fudge topping for the lava part of this cake recipe. You can use any brand you prefer or have on hand, I personally like Hershey’s the best. Buy a jar and keep it in the fridge, each jar will make multiple lava cakes.
How to make Individual Molten Lava Cakes
In a microwave safe cereal sized bowl, mix the cake mix and water together. If you want each individual cake to look a little fancier, you can use a ramekin.
Then, use a spoon to add the hot fudge to the middle of the cake batter in the bowl. Do not heat the fudge up or mix it in, just drop it right in the middle, straight out of the jar.
Proceed to microwave the bowl for 90 seconds.
Serve the cake immediately, top with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or strawberries if you’d like, and enjoy!
90 Second Chocolate Lava Cake
- ½ cup chocolate cake mix (I like Betty Crocker the best!)
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tbsp hot fudge topping Hershey's is my favorite brand, make sure the tablespoons are heaping!
- In a microwave safe cereal sized bowl, mix cake mix and water together. (If you want them to look a little fancier, you can use a ramekin.
- Use a spoon to add the hot fudge to the middle of the bowl. Don’t heat the fudge up or mix it in – just plop it right in the middle, straight out of the jar.
- Microwave the bowl for 90 seconds. Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream.
Can you microwave more than one mug cake at a time?
You probably can microwave 2 or 3 cakes together, but for best results, just make one at a time. They only take 90 seconds, so you won’t have to wait that long for everyone in the family to get their own!
How long do 90 second mug cakes last?
These tasty treats are made to be enjoyed immediately, they only take 90 seconds so there is no reason to make them ahead of time. But with that said, they would last 1-2 days if stored in an airtight container.
TRY MORE INCREDIBLE CHOCOLATE DESSERTS HERE:
- Double Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Chocolate Chip Coconut Pie
- Cherry Chocolate Cream Cheese Pie
- Easy Chocolate Fondue
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bars
- Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookies Bars
- Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Bars
- Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce
- Brownies with Cheesecake Frosting
- Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- 3 Ingredient Reeses Fudge
- Oreo Krispie Treats
- Cheesecake with Berries and Chocolate Ganache
90 Second Chocolate Lava Cake is made with 3 simple ingredients and in just about 3 minutes. This is the fastest chocolate mug cake recipe with an incredible molten lava fudge filling!