Brownies with a Cheesecake Frosting topped with fresh strawberries for a rich and decadent dessert! Fudgy homemade brownies topped with creamy Cheesecake frosting and fresh strawberries.
Brownies come in all sizes and flavors, and believe me, I am HERE FOR IT! 🙂 I am always down for a good brownie. Cheesecake brownies can even have a little variety, some have a baked cheesecake layer like my Orange Cheesecake Brownies or my Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies.
This brownie is super simple in comparison, there is a no bake cheesecake flavored frosting that is smothering your brownies instead.
This means you could even cut an extra corner and use a boxed brownie mix.. or store bought brownies! Then all you’ll need to do is whip up the delicious frosting and add those strawberry halves to make this dessert complete.
What is in the Homemade Brownie?
The homemade brownie is made up of pantry regulars, you won’t need anything fancy for this recipe. Just the perfect combination & perfect ratios to make a super fudgey brownie.
- Butter: I use salted butter when I make this recipe, and we will want it mostly melted.
- Sugars: We will use both granulated and brown sugar in this recipe. The brown sugar helps keep the brownies moist!
- Eggs: This recipe calls for 2 whole eggs.
- Vanilla: I love to balance the vanilla and cocoa flavors, this recipe calls for 1/2 tbsp of vanilla. Use it, it really enhances that chocolate flavor!
- Flour: All purpose flour is what we are looking for! Nothing fancy needed for this recipe.
- Cocoa Powder: We will use 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder. This recipe yields a sweeter, more milk chocolate brownie. If you like your more semi-sweet or dark chocolate, add a little extra cocoa powder.
- Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chips: I like to use milk chocolate chips, because that is what I prefer. Please use whatever chocolate chips are your favorite.
What is in the Cheesecake Frosting?
The cheesecake frosting is like a Cream Cheese Frosting, with the star of the show definitely being that cream cheese. The addition of vanilla and the perfect amount of powdered sugar help make this frosting taste exactly like a delicious bite of cheesecake.
- Cream Cheese: Use the brick style of cream cheese, not the whipped fluffy kind. We will need the cream cheese to be room temperature and soft.
- Butter: Just like all good frostings, butter is a must. I use salted butter.
- Vanilla: Again, this gives the the frosting that classic Cheesecake Flavor.
- Powdered Sugar: This is definitely a must have when it comes to homemade frosting. If you don’t have any on hand, either make a quick trip to the store or tell your neighbor you’ll bring over a finished brownie in exchange for a cup of powdered sugar!
- Salt: believe it or not, salt is actually a really important part of the frosting. It enhances all of the other flavors!
How to make Homemade Brownies
To make your homemade brownies, you’ll need either a hand mixer or a stand mixer. First thing we will do is cream together the butter and sugars. Next the wet ingredients will be added and mixed thoroughly. The wet ingredients are the eggs and vanilla. Lastly, the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt) and mixed until just combined. Fold in your chocolate chips.
Pour your brownie mixture into parchment lined 9×9 pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. The brownies will still seem slightly giggly in the center when they come out of the oven but they will pass the clean toothpick test. Baking for much longer than 30 minutes will result in dry crumbly brownies, which we do not want!
Allow the brownies to sit in the pan until completely cool. This will take a good few hours.
How to make Cheesecake Frosting
Once your brownies have baked and are completely cool, the frosting comes together really easily, again, with either a hand mixer or a stand mixer. The ingredients (listed above) are just mixed at a medium high speed until smooth and creamy.
You can either cut the the brownies and then frost individually cut brownies or frost the entire pan, top with strawberries and then cut and serve. Whichever way you prefer is perfect!
How to store Brownies
You’ll want to store these brownies covered in the fridge until ready to serve. This will help keep the brownies nice and fudgey and that cheesecake frosting even more cheesecake-like! They will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Cheesecake Brownies with Strawberries
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetend cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tbsp butter room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 strawberries cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, microwave the butter for 20-30 seconds, until the butter is mostly melted.
- Add both sugars to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, mix thoroughly.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add all dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt) to the bowl and mix until just coombined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Spread until equally distributed.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 mintues. The center will still by slighlty giggly, that is okay! Allow the brownies to cool complelety in the pan.
- Once the brownies are completley cool, add all of the frosting ingredients to a bowl and mix with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Frost the brownies and top with strawberry halves. Cut and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Try more of our brownie recipes:
- The Best Mint Brownies Recipe
- Orange Cheesecake Brownies
- The Easiest Brownie Recipe
- Snickers Brownie Bites Recipe
- Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
- Double Chocolate Banana Bars Recipe
- Cookies & Cream Brownies Recipe
- Marshmallow Brownies Recipe
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
- Easy Black Forest Brownie Recipe
- BEST Brownies Ever Recipe
Brownies with a Cheesecake Frosting topped with fresh strawberries for a rich and decadent dessert! Fudgey homemade brownies topped with creamy Cheesecake frosting and fresh strawberries.