An easy chocolate chip coconut pie just sounds incredible, doesn’t it? This pie is perfect for holidays, Sunday dinners or just because!
This recipe was gifted to me by a friend and I love how easy it is to make! You can make your own graham cracker crust, or if you’re pressed for time like I usually am, you can buy a pre-made graham cracker pie shell and just make the filling. This chocolate chip coconut pie is yummy and can be finished in a snap.
How to make this chocolate coconut pie recipe
This pie is so simple to make! All you do is combine the 5 ingredients needed for the pie filling, stir and transfer into the pie crust and bake. You’ll need to cool the pie to set it and make it easier to slice. Then serve topped with a dollop of cream- that’s it!
What kind of nuts should I add?
If you choose to add nuts to your pie, I really recommend slivered almonds or pecans. Almonds can give it that almond joy taste and nostalgia while a chocolate coconut pecan pie is also incredibly delicious! That being said, you can choose any nut variety that you like. Macadamia nuts or hazelnuts would taste good too.
Do I have to use a graham cracker crust?
You can use any crust variety that you like. Graham cracker crust is the suggested option, but a crushed oreo crust can help to tie in the chocolatey goodness. I’ve also seen store-bought shortbread pie crusts that would taste incredible with this pie!
Chocolate chip coconut pie ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this chocolate chip pie:
– Sweet shredded coconut
– Semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1- 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
– Vanilla extract
– Nuts, if you’d like! I used pecans, but you can use slivered almonds, walnuts or even salted peanuts.
– Graham Cracker Pie Crust
How to make Chocolate Chip Coconut pie
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare your pie crust, or set your prepared pie crust aside.
In a medium-sized bowl, pour in the Sweetened Condensed Milk. Add the vanilla.
Add in the pecans, coconut, and chocolate chips.
Scoop this filling into the pie crust and spread it out evenly.
Place in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the coconut starts turning a golden brown.
Let the pie cool for 5 minutes and then enjoy.
Chocolate Chip Coconut Pie
- 2 cups Shredded Coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1.5 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or milk chocolate chips
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans optional, or other nut varieties
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust Storebought or homemade
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients save the pie crust. Stir well.
- Transfer mixture into pie crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the coconut starts turning a light golden brown.
- Let cool to set. Pie can be served at room temperature or slightly chilled. Top with a dollop of cream prior to serving, if desired.
Can you freeze this pie?
After it’s completely cooled, the pie can be frozen. Simply keep it well wrapped or covered in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 weeks. Thaw before eating and enjoy.
How long will this pie last?
If properly stores within your fridge in an airtight container your pie can last up to 5 days.
Should you use sweetened coconut or unsweetened?
This is completely dependent upon you and how much of a sweetness factor you’d like your pie to have. Honestly, the sweetened variety is delicious and well worth it, but for those on low-sugar or that want a savory pie, having an unsweetened variety allows you to add in as much added sugar as you want to bring it up to taste.
Enjoy pie recipes? So do we! Here are more to check out
- Easy Hershey Chocolate Pie
- Chocolate Caramel Turtle Pie
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Easy Peach Pie
- Lemon Ice Box Pie
- Homemade Boston Cream Pie
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- Easy Pina Colada Pie
With a simple and easy pie recipe like this, you and your kids can have a lot of fun in the kitchen making tasty memories. I really hope you enjoy this chocolate chip coconut pie recipe!
Chocolate chip coconut pie is a simple homemade pie made with just 6 ingredients! Easy chocolate coconut pie perfect for coconut lovers.