These S’mores rice krispie treats are perfect for any occasion. Made with graham crackers, chocolate, and your favorite marshmallow treats, every bite is a delicious and fun treat you won’t want to share.
Just 5 minutes & 5 ingredients and you’ll be enjoying these gooey S’mores rice krispie treats! Perfect for any occasion, they’re a fun take on traditional S’mores. So if you’ve been reading this blog for a while, you might have noticed I have a thing for Rice Krispie Treats. I love them. It’s probably because they’re so simple to make, it’s a craving that can be satisfied in about 5 minutes.
What is Smores Krispie Treats?
These are like an upgrade for your favorite rice Krispies. No more plain flavored cereal and buttery marshmallows. No, now we have the addition of graham and chocolate which makes these perfect for summer and fall. Although they can also be enjoyed year-round because no campfire is needed!
S’mores Krispie Treats Ingredients
-Cereal: We need 7 cups of rice crispy cereal (name brand or off-brand doesn’t matter).
-Marshmallows: We need 8-9 cups of mini marshmallows which is close to 2 10ounce sized bags worth of contents.
-Butter: We need 3 tablespoons of butter to help us melt together the ingredients and added a rich taste.
-Chocolate chips: Smore’s and chocolate go hand in hand so we need 1 cup of chocolate chips to help get that perfect flavor.
-Graham crackers: With 1 sleeve of graham crackers we can have enough to go around to every piece.
How to make smores rice krispies
Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and line the bottom with a layer of graham crackers, you will not need the entire sleeve of graham crackers.
Measure out your cereal and set it aside.
Add 7 cups of mini marshmallows and your butter to a large microwave safe bowl.
Microwave for 1 minute on high, until the marshmallows being to puff up.
Remove from microwave and stir in cereal.
Once it’s mixed, add in the remaining mini marshmallows and all but a couple of tablespoons of chocolate chips.
Stir until the mixture is combined.
Layer the Rice Krispies on top of the graham crackers and press gently into the pan, making the top as level as possible.
Sprinkle on the remaining chocolate chips.
Cool the Krispies and cut into serving sized pieces.
- 7 cups rice Krispie cereal
- 8-9 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 TBSP butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 sleeve graham crackers
- Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray and line the bottom with a layer of graham crackers. (You won't use the entire sleeve of crackers.(
- Measure out rice Krispie cereal and set aside. Add 7 cups of mini marshmallows and butter to a large, microwaveable bowl. (I like to spray the bowl and a rubber spatula first with non-stick spray to make this entire process easier!)
- Microwave for 1 minute on high, until marshmallows begin to puff up. Remove from microwave and stir in cereal. Once it’s well incorporated, add in remaining mini marshmallows and all but a couple tablespoons chocolate chips. Stir until mixture is combined. Layer Krispies on top of graham crackers and press gently into pan, making the top as level as possible. Sprinkle on remaining chocolate chips.
- Cool and cut into squares. (I like to flip the entire pan over onto a cutting board and cut them into squares based on where the graham crackers end. It's just easier this way!)
How long are smores graham crackers good for?
These tasty little treats can last about a week or so in an airtight container a room temperature. That said I doubt they’ll last that long. With every bite you won’t help but fall deeper in love. Yum!
What type of chocolate should I use?
You can use any type of chocolate chip that you prefer. Milk chocolate will be more smore-like in flavor as you’re more likely to use Hershey bars when making the real deal campfire smores, but semi-sweet chocolate chips work great too and add in a nice flavor contrast as well. Try it both ways and see which one you prefer.
Love S’mores? Try these other chocolatey dessert recipes:
Smores and rice krispies come together in this mind blowing dessert. MAde with all your favorite ingredients and then some, this recipe is easy and fabulous!