Campfire S’mores Cookies are so rich and delicious you are sure to love them! This incredible campfire dessert is filled with chocolate chips and marshmallows, laid on a bed of graham crackers.
These chocolate chip marshmallow cookies are a fun way to enjoy a classic camping treat, but without all of the work. S’mores cookies are made with a simple and easy cookie dough, packed with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips, every bite is truly delicious
Smore Cookie Recipe
If you are anything like me, I love camping food but the actual camping not so much. Anytime I can enjoy the food aspect of camping without the bugs and humidity, that is my kind of enjoyment. I absolutely love smores but without having to pitch a tent to get them.
I developed this recipe over a decade ago and it is still going strong. The best part is that there is no chilling required and no difficult steps to follow. This cookie recipe comes together quickly, so within an hour you can have a tasty batch of chocolate chip smore cookies. Perfect for any time of the year, but on a cool summer evening these really hit the spot.
Why you’ll love this easy S’mores Cookie Recipe
- Simple ingredients. This fun and festive treat is so easy to make. With basic ingredients, most of which are probably already in your kitchen, whipping up a batch of these cookies is so simple!
- Less mess! What I love most about this recipe is that it is less messy than the traditional S’more treat. These cookies are easy to hand out to guests, less sticky mess for kids, all the flavor and less stress for parents.
- S’mores are fun! Who doesn’t love a good campfire and roasting s’mores? I mean, this is a classic pastime that pretty much everyone loves. With this recipe we keep the love for the traditional flavor alive but with a twist.
Campfire Cookies Ingredients
Butter: You will need 1 cup of butter for the cookie dough, this is equal to two sticks of butter.
Sugar: Adding in 1 cup of brown sugar will help create a rich tasting and chewy cookie.
Eggs: Use 2 eggs to bind the dough together well and give the cookies great texture.
Vanilla extract: You will need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract to help enhance the flavors in the dough.
Flour: The base of this cookie dough recipe is 2 cups of flour, but you may need just a bit more.
Salt: Use ½ teaspoon of salt to balance the wonderful flavors in these cookies.
Baking soda: You will need 1 teaspoon of baking soda to help the cookies puff up and leaven as they bake.
Chocolate chips: Smores need chocolate, so make sure to use 1 cup of milk chocolate chips or a giant Hershey bar that has been chopped into smaller pieces.
Marshmallows: To get that toasted marshmallow taste you will want to use 1 cup of mini marshmallows.
How to make Campfire S’mores Cookies
Preheat the oven to 325 degree F. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone mat. You will want to use either of these options, melted marshmallows make a mess and you will want to use an easy clean up method.
Next, break each graham cracker in half and place each half piece onto the baking sheet. Spread out like you would cookie dough on the sheet.
Now, in a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. You can do this manually or using an electric handheld mixer.
Then, add in the eggs and vanilla extract, mix to combine.
Next, add in the flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir to combine.
After that, fold in the chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
Scoop the dough out onto half of the graham cracker that has been placed onto the prepared baking sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven for 9-11 minutes. Keep a close eye on the cookies as the graham cracker could burn quickly.
Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, serve and enjoy!
Campfire S’Mores Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips or one giant Hershey’s bar, chopped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 325 degree F. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone mat. You will want to use either of these options, melted marshmallows make a mess and you will want to use an easy clean up method.
- Next, break each graham cracker in half and place each half piece onto the baking sheet. Spread out like you would cookie dough on the sheet.
- Dough: Now, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. You can do this manually or using an electric handheld mixer.
- Then, add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Next, add in the flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- After that, fold in the chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- Bake: Scoop the dough out onto half of the graham cracker that has been placed onto parchment paper or a silicone mat-lined baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 9-11 minutes.
- Keep a close eye on the cookies as the graham cracker could burn quickly. Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long are smore cookies good for?
These cookies can be kept stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. For best tasting results I recommend eating within 3 or 4 days.
Can I make smore cookie dough in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the cookie dough up to 2 days in advance and keep It stored in the fridge in a plastic wrap-covered bowl. Just scoop, assemble, and bake whenever you are ready.
Can I freeze smore cookies?
You sure can! Once the cookies have cooled completely you can put them in a freezer safe container or airtight container and freeze them up to 2-3 months. When you are ready to enjoy them let them come to room temperature on the counter for a couple hours before enjoying. You can also reheat them in the microwave for 10 seconds to bring them back to life a little bit.
HOW DO YOU KEEP COOKIES SOFT?
The main way and simplest to keep cookies fresh is to seal them in an airtight container, like a resealable freezer bag. There is also a nifty little trick that my mother-in-law taught me, add a piece of bread to the bag. This trick really works! The cookies absorb moisture from the bread and stay soft a couple of days longer than normal. Give it a try, it will blow your mind!
Love S’mores? Try these other chocolate dessert recipes:
- FUDGE STRIPED COOKIE S’MORES
- S’MORES COOKIES
- S’MORES KRISPIE TREATS
- S’MORES FUDGE
- S’MORES POKE CAKE
- LAYERED S’MORES KRISPIES
- S’MORES CHEESECAKE
- BAKED SMORES BARS
- SOLAR SMORES
- SMORES IN THE OVEN
- NO BAKE S’MORES BARS
- S’MORES BROWNIES
Campfire S’mores Cookies are a chewy cookie filled with marshmallows and chocolate, baked on a crunchy graham cracker. This campfire dessert is perfect for enjoying all year round!