S’mores Poke Cake made with a chocolate cake mix topped with marshmallow cream, graham cracker crumbs, mini marshmallows & chocolate drizzle! S’mores in poke cake form that everyone enjoys!
This cake with marshmallow cream is a fantastic treat to serve at any backyard event that you want to bring some of the summer camping fun to! This campfire cake is a perfect treat for whenever the s’mores craving strikes.
Chocolate Poke Cake with Marshmallow Topping
One of my favorite parts of camping is getting to enjoy roasted marshmallows and making the classic smore sandwich. To be honest, that is really the ONLY thing I like about camping. So because this is not a common pastime of mine, I do not get to enjoy s’mores as often as I would like.
Well, I have now found an answer to that predicament, this s’mores poke cake satisfies that craving! While you can make regular smores at home over a fire pit, making this S’mores Poke Cake is a much less messy experience for you and the kids. It also taste incredible so it is a win win! I enjoy this treat all year round, you can enjoy the taste of summer throughout the entire year.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS S’MORES POKE CAKE
- Simple ingredients. This fun and tasty treat is so easy to make. With just 6 ingredients, plus the easy cake ingredients, you will have a great dessert to serve to your family and friends.
- Less mess! What I love most about this recipe is that it is less messy than the traditional S’more treat. It is created in one dish, it has all the flavor and less the effort.
- S’more fun! Who doesn’t love a good campfire and roasting s’mores? I mean, this is a classic pastime that pretty much everyone loves. With this recipe we keep the love for that alive but with a twist.
S’mores Poke Cake Ingredients
Box cake mix: You need to use one 15.25-ounce chocolate box cake mix, plus the ingredients called for on the box. This is typically, oil, water and eggs.
Marshmallow cream: Adding one 7-ounce container of marshmallow cream is the perfect amount to give this poke cake amazing texture and taste.
Milk: To help thin out the marshmallow cream, use ¼ cup of milk.
Graham crackers: You need 1 ½ cups of crushed graham crackers, this is equal to 1 sleeve of crackers.
Chocolate syrup: Use about ½ cup of chocolate syrup for one of the chocolate parts for this s’mores cake. I like to use chocolate sundae syrup, it is easy to drizzle over the cake.
Mini marshmallows: Adding 2 cups of mini marshmallows on top of this cake gives amazing flavor and a great soft texture too.
Mini chocolate chips: For more amazing chocolate and a little crunch, use ½ cup of mini chocolate chips.
How to make a S’mores Poke Cake
Start by preparing the cake batter according to the box cake directions, combine all the ingredients called for on the back of the box and bake in a 9 x 13 cake pan. Once the cake is done baking, let it cool while you prepare the s’more toppings.
Next, remove the lid and liner from the marshmallow cream packaging and microwave the jar for 30 seconds. Then, transfer the cream to a small bowl and stir in the milk. Proceed to microwave for another 30 seconds and stir until smooth.
After that, using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cake at about 1-inch intervals. Then, pour the marshmallow cream mixture over cake, doing your best to pour over the holes. You can use a rubber scraper to even out the marshmallow cream over the entire cake.
Graham crackers Topping
Now it is time to crush the graham crackers. Grab one full sleeve of the crackers and transfer them to a zip locked bag. Close the bag and use a rolling pin or meat tenderizer to crush the crackers until there are no large pieces and you have a sand like texture. Then, pour the graham cracker crumbs over the top of the cake, spread evenly to cover the entire surface.
Putting the cake all together
Next up, grab the mini marshmallows and sprinkle those over the top of the graham cracker crumbs. Make sure to get a decent amount over the surface of the cake, so every piece of cake has squishy marshmallow in every bite.
Then, grab the chocolate syrup and drizzle it over the top of the marshmallows, giving the cake a great added layer of chocolatey goodness. Finish off by sprinkling a layer of mini chocolate chips over the entire cake for even more added deliciousness.
Place the cake in the refrigerator for about an hour to let the marshmallow cream seep into the cake. When ready to eat, slice, serve and enjoy!
S’MORES POKE CAKE
- 15.25 oz chocolate cake mix mixed & baked according to package directions
- 7 oz marshmallow cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups crushed graham crackers 1 sleeve
- ½ cup hot fudge chocolate sundae syrup works great
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Bake cake: Start by preparing the cake batter according to the box cake directions, combine all the ingredients called for on the back of the box and bake in a 9 x 13 cake pan. Once the cake is done baking, let it cool while you prepare the s'more toppings.
- Marshmallow: Next, remove the lid and liner from the marshmallow cream packaging and microwave the jar for 30 seconds. Then, transfer the cream to a small bowl and stir in the milk. Microwave for another 30 seconds and stir until smooth.
- After that, using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cake at about 1 inch intervals. Then, pour the marshmallow cream mixture over cake, doing your best to pour over the holes. You can use a rubber scraper to even out the marshmallow cream over the entire cake.
- Graham crackers: Grab one full sleeve of the crackers and transfer them to a ziplock bag. Close the bag and use a rolling pin or meat tenderizer to crush the crackers until there are no large pieces and you have a sand like texture. Then, pour the graham cracker crumbs over the top of the cake, spread evenly to cover the entire surface.
- Sprinkle the mini marshmallows over the top of the graham cracker crumbs, spreading them evenly over the top.
- Drizzle the cake with hot fudge. Top the cake with a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips.
- Chill: Place the cake in the refrigerator for about an hour to let the marshmallow cream seep into the cake. When ready to eat, slice, serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
HOW LONG IS LEFTOVER POKE CAKE GOOD FOR?
You can keep your poke cake well covered and stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. The cake will become moister/and or soggy if left for longer than that so it’s best enjoyed within 2 to 3 days.
Can I use a different cake mix flavor?
You sure can. I use chocolate for this recipe but you could also use a white or yellow cake mix, it just won’t have the extra chocolatey flavor we are going for. But The marshmallow cream and s’mores toppings will still give it that S’mores feeling and taste.
Try more great recipes with marshmallows here!
- Marshmallow Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Milk Bar Cornflake Marshmallow Treats
- Marshmallow Brownies
- No Bake Smores Bars
- Caramel Marshmallow Pops
- Fudge Striped Cookie Smores
- Raspberry Marshmallow Pie
- Smores Fudge
- Smores Cookies
- Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn
If you loved this poke cake, try out more amazing recipes here!
- KENTUCKY BUTTER POKE CAKE
- STRAWBERRY TRES LECHES CAKE
- ORANGE CREAMSICLE POKE CAKE
- ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE POKE CAKE
- LEMON STRAWBERRY POKE CAKE
- BEST POKE CAKE RECIPES
- OREO POKE CAKE
- CARAMEL APPLE POKE CAKE
S’mores Poke Cake is an amazing tasting treat that is incredibly easy to make. This smores cake recipe is made with a boxed chocolate cake mix, topped with marshmallow cream, crunchy graham cracker crumbs, mini marshmallows and chocolate syrup.
I can’t wait to try this cake!!!!!!
thanks for sending these to me. I can’t wait to try your Smore’s Poke Cake. It looks delicious.
This looks so good Jessica! I love poke cakes, I really should make them more often.
My entire family loves this cake. It’s perfect for summer and comes together pretty easily.
We love smores over here! I’m so happy we can enjoy them anytime now. This was was so delish!
So glad to hear Brandi!