Chocolate Covered Pretzel recipe with marshmallow fluff filling are a delightful cross between s’mores and traditional chocolate pretzels. These chocolate dipped pretzels are easy to make and so delicious!
We have a bit of an obsession with marshmallows at our house. We love them in all shapes and sizes! Marshmallow fluff is a staple for us- I always have at least 5-6 containers in my pantry “just in case.” Ha! Who knew marshmallow fluff would be part of my food storage?!
These pretzels are the result of an “AHA!” moment I had not long ago. They turned out AMAZING. I adore the sweet & salty combination and everyone who tried them loved them.
They’re super customizable too! Add holiday sprinkles for any occasion. I loved them drizzled with white chocolate. They looked pretty enough to be a gift!
Ingredients Needed for Marshmallow Chocolate Pretzels
— Mini pretzels
— Semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate discs
— Marshmallow fluff
— White chocolate chips, for drizzle
How do you make Chocolate Covered Pretzels?
The process for making these Marshmallow Chocolate Covered Pretzels is simple! First you use a knife to spread a small amount of marshmallow fluff onto 1 pretzel.
Make a sandwich by pressing another pretzel into the marshmallow fluff.
Once you have your tray of pretzel marshmallow sandwiches, you’ll need to freeze them. This prevents the marshmallow from running out. Some will still run out a bit, but once you cover the pretzels in chocolate, it will be fine!
After they’re well chilled, melt the chocolate and dip each pretzel sandwich. Let cool to set, then add sprinkles or drizzle with white chocolate and enjoy!
Marshmallow Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- 3-4 cups mini pretzels
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate discs
- 1 container marshmallow fluff
- 2 TBSP white chocolate chips for drizzle
- Use a knife to spread about 1 teaspoon of marshmallow fluff onto one pretzel. No need to coat the pretzel! Press another pretzel into the top of the fluff to make a sandwich. The marshmallow will be well spread out by this point. Place on a tray lined with wax paper. Repeat until all marshmallow fluff is used; you'll get about XX number of pretzels.
- Place pan in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl along with 1/2 tsp coconut oil. (You can omit the oil if you're using melting chocolate discs.) Microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds. Let sit in the microwave for an additional 2 minutes. Stir gently, then return to the microwave for 15 seconds, if needed.
- Remove the pan from the freezer.
- Dip each pretzel sandwich into the bowl of chocolate, gently tapping the edge of the bowl to release excess chocolate. This process is so much easier when you use a dipping tool! Lay the covered pretzels down on a piece of wax paper. Top with sprinkles, if desired.
- Repeat the process until you have covered all your marshmallow pretzels, re-heating up the chocolate as necessary.
- Place white chocolate in a small baggie and microwave for 40 seconds. Let sit 2 minutes, then knead bag gently. If chocolate is still lumpy, return to the microwave for about 10 seconds. Snip the corner of the bag and drizzle chocolate over pretzels.
- Let cook to set. Store in an airtight container to save.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Looking for more pretzel or chocolate covered treats? Try these amazing recipes:
- Chocolate Covered Raspberries
- Homemade Almond Joy Bars
- Chocolate Covered Oreo Balls
- Homemade Peppermint Patties
- Reese’s Pretzel Bars Recipe
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Pretzels
- Halloween Pretzels Recipe
- Back to School Pretzel Recipe
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bark
Can you decorate Chocolate Covered Pretzels in another way?
Yes, of course! You can make them themed, like these back to school pretzels that are all ready for the first day of school.
Or you can make Chocolate Covered Pretzels for Halloween and follow these three different decorating instructions for making your chocolate covered pretzels a little spookier.
Another idea you could check out for decorating the pretzels another way is dipping them in peanut butter instead of chocolate. Check out the melting instructions in the Peanut Butter Pretzels Recipe. Or you could dip them in white chocolate!
Plus, you can always just use different kinds of sprinkles, or different colors for the drizzle!
Can you make Chocolate Pretzels Ahead?
Yes, you can make these Marshmallow Chocolate Pretzels a day ahead of when you plan to serve them. Since they have marshmallow cream inside, they don’t last quite as long as regular chocolate pretzels, but they keep well for 3-4 days. Just store them in an airtight container.
What’s the best chocolate for melting?
When making candy like this I really find that dipping chocolate just works best. You can purchase Ghirardelli Melting Wafers at most grocery stores. I buy my melting chocolate in bulk on Amazon. If you really want to use chocolate chips instead, I suggest melting 1/2 a tablespoon of shortening or 2 tsp coconut oil in with the chocolate chips, to thin it out and make it easier to dip the candy.
How to melt chocolate chips
I prefer to melt chocolate chips in the microwave because it is so fast and easy. Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish (I like to use a glass Pyrex measuring cup) and then microwave for about 45 seconds. Stir the chocolate chips around and then return to the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir again.
Even if the chocolate chips aren’t completely melted, just keep stirring and see if they will melt all the way. If they still aren’t melted, microwave for another 15 seconds and stir again. You just want to be careful not to microwave the chocolate chips too long because then the chocolate will seize and be unusable.
You can also melt the chocolate chips over the stove in a saucepan. Just turn the heat to low and stir the chocolate chips just until melted.
This chocolate dipped pretzel recipe with marshmallow filling is one of the best dessert pretzel recipes! Learning how to make chocolate covered pretzels has never been so easy and so delicious!