S’mores Brownies are a fun twist on the classic brownie recipe. Graham Crackers topped with fudgey homemade brownies and toasted marshmallows! Two favorites combine in this delicious brownie recipe!
Summer is officially here and I have been on quite the S’mores kick as of late. I’ve been making my S’mores in the oven, over the fire.. S’mores on a stick, S’mores flavored Poke Cake and even (*gasp!*) S’mores FUDGE!
If you have it S’mores flavored, I’m all over it.
The best part about these brownies?? They are easy, peasy!!
Ingredients Needed to make Brownies
Here’s what you’ll need to make this brownie recipe~
— Graham Crackers
— Unsweetened cocoa powder
— Mini chocolate chips
— Mini marshmallows
How to make Homemade Brownies
The brownie base in this recipe is guaranteed to be the thickest, fudgiest brownie you have ever made from scratch. It is perfection, seriously.
You’ll need everyday ingredients, nothing fancy here. The secret ingredient: mini chocolate chips.
The mini chocolate chips completely melt and bake into the brownies. You are not left with big chunks of chocolate throughout the brownie… you are left with the richest fudge brownie you’ll ever make.
The batter will be moderately thick. Thick enough that you could scoop it, but it would be way too sticky to roll.
Bake S’mores Brownies
To assemble and bake the S’mores Brownies, you’ll first line your 8×8 pan with parchment paper. This will help remove those brownies once they have cooled. After the pan is lined with parchment paper, arrange graham crackers in a single layer on the bottom of the pan.
You’ll need a total of 4 1/4 graham crackers to cover the bottom of an 8×8 pan. Next, poor and carefully spread the brownie batter onto the graham crackers.
Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Once the brownies have passed the toothpick test, spread mini marshmallows on top of the baked brownies while the brownies are still hot. Turn the oven up to broil. Broil on the middle rack until the marshmallows are golden brown. This happens very quickly so keep your eye on them!
Remove the brownies from the oven after the marshmallows have been browned. Allow the brownies to cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting. This will take a good hour or so.
More brownie recipes you’ll love:
- The Best Mint Brownies Recipe
- The Easiest Brownie Recipe
- Snickers Brownie Bites Recipe
- Double Chocolate Banana Bars Recipe
- Cookies & Cream Brownies Recipe
- Orange Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
- Marshmallow Brownies Recipe
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
- Easy Black Forest Brownie Recipe
- BEST Brownies Ever Recipe
Easily Cut S’mores Brownies
If you only read one section of this post, let it be this one!! Those marshmallows, while delicious, are so very sticky!! The best way to cut the brownies is this: flip the brownies upside down (so the marshmallows are on the cutting board) and cut with a sharp, non-stick sprayed knife.
The non-stick spray is the key here- if you don’t use the spray, your knife will have a hard time cutting through those mallows.
- 4 1/2 graham crackers
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper, place the graham crackers in a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla and milk. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the cocoa, flour and salt. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour and spread the brownie batter over the graham crackers in the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediatley after taking the brownies out of the oven, turn the temperuature up to BROIL and sprinkle the mini marshmallows on top of the baked brownies.
- Broil on the MIDDLE rack of your oven until the marshmallows are golden brown. This happends quickly so keep an eye on it!
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before removing from pan and cutting. Cut using a sharp, non-stick sprayed knife.
Find the best brownie recipe that these brownies are based off of here.
Marshmallows for S’mores
The kind of marshmallow you use for your s’more also comes down to what you like better!
In this recipe I used mini-marshmallows, because I think they’re easier to handle and spill over the sides less, but there are many more options!
There are “Stacker-Mallows” which are wide, flat marshmallows made for s’mores. Normal marshmallows, jumbo sized marshmallows, colored marshmallows, special flavored marshmallows, etc! All these will work.
Of all the marshmallows I’ve tried, nothing beats classic marshmallows.
Can you freeze brownies?
Yes, you can freeze brownies! Be sure to cool them completely, then you’re welcome to freeze either the entire square of brownies, or cut into 12 servings and freeze them individually. Brownies can stay fresh in the freezer for 2-3 months. Wrap them in parchment paper then store them in a large ziplock freezer bag for best results. Another alternative is to bake the brownies in a foil pan. Once cooled, you can frost the brownies, let them cool again to set the frosting, then just cover the foil pan securely and place in the freezer.
How can I make my brownies more cake-like?
Yes, if you’d like more cake-like brownies, add in another 1/4 cup flour and an extra egg. Bake for 35 minutes and let cool before frosting.
Can brownies be left out?
Yes, you can leave brownies out on the countertop. Make sure they’re kept in an airtight container and they’ll stay fresh for several days.
I suggest storing your brownies in an airtight container or baggie. They will stay fresh for 3-4 days. If you want them to last several days longer, you can store them in the fridge.
S’mores Brownies are a fun twist on the classic, fudgey brownie recipe. Graham Crackers topped with thick homemade brownies and toasted marshmallows! Two favorites combine in this delicious brownie recipe!