Creamy Apple Smoothie is a healthy and delicious treat made with fresh apples, apple juice, and frozen yogurt. This red apple smoothie recipe is packed with incredible flavor and is made in less than 5 minutes!
The combination of delectable flavors in this apple smoothie recipe makes a fantastic breakfast, lunch or snack option. This easy to make yogurt smoothie is a nice light morning or afternoon snack, it is a great source of fiber and vitamin C.
Easy Apple Smoothie
We love smoothies, and this apple smoothie with yogurt has jumped right up to the top of our favorite list. Apples are a big part of our diet over here, and we always have them on hand. This recipe is so simple to make – with only a few ingredients and minimal effort, it is great for a morning breakfast or a quick afternoon treat. This apple smoothie recipe is high in fiber and low on calories, it fills you up without leaving you feeling weighed down. This creamy apple smoothie is a wonderful option if you are trying to eat healthy.
Why we think you will LOVE this Apple Smoothie Recipe
- It is easy to make. This apple smoothie comes together quickly and with very little prep thanks to your blender. Just mix everything together until blended and serve.
- A perfect fall treat. Apples and fall weather go together perfectly thanks to the apple picking season. This cold drink is perfect for those days when the weather is too warm for your favorite wool sweater but you still want to indulge on an apple flavored drink.
- It is healthy too. You can always choose to use low fat and low sugar options when it comes to the frozen yogurt but this is a great drink that you can feel good about serving.
Apple Smoothie Ingredients
Apple juice: You will want a ½ cup of apple juice to help get the smoothie to the right consistency.
Frozen yogurt: You will need ½ cup of low fat yogurt (frozen) to help thicken the smoothie and make it perfectly creamy.
Ice: Adding in 3 ice cubes will give us a little more of that icy cold consistency that we are looking for.
Cinnamon: Use ⅛ teaspoon of cinnamon for a little added warmth in flavor.
Apple: You want to use ½ of an apple that has been peeled and sliced for this smoothie. You can use any apple variety but note that it will change the flavor of the smoothie, so sweeter apples may be preferred.
How to Make Creamy Apple Smoothies
Begin by peeling and slicing the apple, you only need half of it for one smoothie. So you can either double the recipe or save the other half for a snack later.
Next, add the apple juice, frozen yogurt, ice, cinnamon and peeled and sliced apple to the blender and close the lid.
Proceed to blend the ingredients together on high speed until all of the ingredients are well mixed and smooth.
Then, pour into a drinking glass or your favorite tumbler.
A Smoothie for One
This recipe makes just one 8-10 ounce smoothie, so you may want to double the recipe. These smoothies are not very thick, so if you like a thicker consistency, add more frozen yogurt and slightly less apple juice.
CREAMY APPLE SMOOTHIE
- ½ cup apple juice
- ½ cup low-fat vanilla yogurt frozen
- 3 cups ice cubes
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ whole apple peeled and sliced
- Prep: Begin by peeling and slicing the apple, you only need half of it for one smoothie. So you can either double the recipe or save the other half for a snack later.
- Blend: Next, add the apple juice, frozen yogurt, ice, cinnamon and peeled and sliced apple to the blender and close the lid.
- Proceed to blend the ingredients together on high speed until all of the ingredients are well mixed and smooth.
- Then, pour into a drinking glass or your favorite tumbler. Enjoy immediately!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long is creamy apple smoothie good for?
Like most smoothies, I recommend only making this smoothie right before you plan on serving it. Drinking it immediately is best because that is when the textures, flavor, and temperature, are really at their ideal peak of perfection.
What apples go good in smoothies?
I recommend trying this recipe with a sweeter heartier apple such as a Gala, Fuji, or Honeycrisp. Feel free to also try it with any apples that you may have on hand including a tart apple like Granny Smith.
Should I peel an apple for a smoothie?
For this smoothie recipe, we do request that you peel the apple, but you can go ahead and try it without peeling if desired. What matters most is that you wash the peel well and remove the seeds and stems as we do not want to eat those. The good news is that apple peels do have added nutrition and should be finely blended throughout the smoothie and made virtually unnoticeable if you leave any of it still on.
For more great smoothie recipes check these out!
- Blueberry Smoothie Bowls
- Triple Berry Green Smoothie
- Chocolate Cherry Green Smoothie
- Creamy Apple Smoothie
- Fruit Smoothie Popsicles
- Tropical Smoothie
- Melon Lime Smoothie
Creamy Apple Smoothie is a healthy and wonderful treat made with apples, apple juice, and frozen yogurt. This red apple smoothie recipe is loaded with delicious flavor and is made in under 5 minutes!
Leave a Reply