I actually just got this recipe from my child’s preschool teacher after the class made these at school for “apple” week. The kids absolutely loved these smoothies and I love that they are fairly healthy since there are real apples and apple juice involved!
CREAMY APPLE SMOOTHIES
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 cup low-fat frozen vanilla yogurt
3 ice cubes
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/2 apple, peeled and sliced
Blend all the ingredients in a blender on high until well blended. Enjoy!
This recipe makes just one 8-10 oz smoothie, so you may want to double the recipe! These smoothies are not very thick, so if you like a thicker consistency, add more frozen yogurt and slightly less apple juice.
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup low-fat frozen vanilla yogurt
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 whole apple peeled and sliced
- Add all of the ingredients to your high-speed blender.
- Blend together on high until well blended.
- Pour into serving glasses. Enjoy immediately.