Slow Cooker Pizza Soup is a filling and comforting soup that is full of your favorite pizza flavors. Making this slow cooker pizza soup recipe is so simple – combine the ingredients and the crockpot does all the work!
This pizza soup is made with all the popular pizza toppings, with a creamy tomato soup base, olives, pepperoni, and cooked sausage. Crockpot pizza soup is a great dish to serve on a cool Autumn night, the aromas as it cooks will fill the house with amazing smells.
Crockpot Pizza Soup
I absolutely love soup and am always on the lookout for new recipes that are easy and yummy too. I found this recipe several years ago and made it for many potlucks and family dinners. Every time I serve this pizza soup for dinner, bowls are licked clean, and everyone has seconds.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s customizable! You can add any pizza toppings and customize the soup to taste just like your favorite pizza.
- This soup recipe is so easy to make. With a few minutes of prep work, you can have your soup cooking in no time.
- One pot makes a lot of servings. If you measured it out you’d get about 10 servings from this soup which is almost enough for everyone to go in for another bowl. A great idea is to eat half at one dinner and freeze the rest for an easy future meal.
Slow Cooker Pizza Soup Ingredients
Tomato soup: For the base of this recipe you need two 23-ounce family-size cans of tomato soup.
Water: To create the perfect consistency, add in 6 cups of water.
Diced tomatoes: You will need 2 cups of diced tomatoes. You can use fresh tomatoes if you prefer.
Onion: Use 1 medium onion and dice it up to give this soup great flavor. This is an ingredient that I always cheat on. I buy frozen chopped onions from the frozen veggie section at the store and I always keep them stocked in my freezer. Saves so much time and a lot of watery eyes too.😉
Green pepper: Add 1 green pepper, diced, for a bit of added taste to this recipe.
Olives: For an authentic pizza feel, use one can (4 ounces) of sliced black olives. Drain the juice out before adding the olives to the soup.
Mushrooms: You will need one 8-ounce can of sliced mushrooms. Make sure to drain the mushrooms first.
Sausage: You need 1 pound of Italian sausage, browned, drained, and crumbled, for some protein to this dish.
Pepperoni: For more protein and flavor, use a 6-ounce package of pepperoni, diced. You can use mini pepperonis if you want to save a few minutes.
Basil: Add in 1 1/2 tablespoons of dried basil for a nice sharp herbal taste.
Oregano: Use 2 tablespoons of dried oregano for a lovely earthy addition to this soup.
Onion powder: You will want 1 tablespoon of onion powder for even more great flavor.
Garlic powder: Using 1 tablespoon of garlic powder will round out the incredible taste of this pizza soup.
How to make Slow Cooker Pizza Soup
Begin by preparing the vegetables, and dice the tomatoes, onions, and green peppers into small chunks. Also, chop up the olives and mushrooms as well.
In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onions together until cooked through and slightly browned. While cooking, break up the sausage into small chunks, when done drain the excess fats, and pour into the slow cooker.
Next, add the diced tomatoes, green peppers, olives, and mushrooms to the crockpot. Then pour in the tomato soup and water, and stir to combine.
Then, add the sliced pepperoni to the mixture. You can cut the slices in half or keep them whole, whatever you prefer.
Lastly, add all the seasonings to the mixture, the basil, oregano, onion, and garlic powder. Stir well to combine all the ingredients together.
Proceed to cook on low heat for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
Serve immediately, if desired, top with mozzarella and/or parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Pizza Soup
- 2 23-ounce family-size cans of tomato soup
- 6 cups Water
- 2 cups Diced tomatoes fresh or canned
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Green pepper diced
- 1 4-ounce can of black olives sliced
- 1 8-ounce can of mushrooms sliced
- 1 pound Italian sausage drained and crumbled
- 1 6-ounce package of pepperoni diced
- 1 ½ tbsp Basil
- 2 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- Prep: Begin by preparing the vegetables, dice the tomatoes, onions and green peppers into small chunks. Also, chop up the olives and mushrooms as well.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onions together until cooked through and slightly browned. While cooking, break up the sausage into small chunks, when done drain the excess fats and pour into the slow cooker.
- Assembly: Next, add the diced tomatoes, green peppers, olives and mushrooms to the crockpot. Then pour in the tomato soup and water, stir to combine. Then, add in the sliced pepperoni to the mixture. If you want, you can cut the slices in half or keep them whole, whatever you prefer. Lastly, add all the seasonings to the mixture, the basil, oregano, onion and garlic powder. Stir well to combine all the ingredients together.
- Proceed to cook on low heat for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. Serve immediately, if desired, top with mozzarella and/or parmesan cheese and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
What to serve with Pizza Soup?
If you want to serve this soup as a main dish, adding a side will help make it a nice full meal. My favorite thing to serve with this amazing soup is a type of bread. My family loves this braided garden herb bread, it is devoured quickly. Another great option that would be great when feeding a crowd is cheesy breadsticks. They are so incredible and easy to make. If you happen to be making this around Christmas time, this fun and festive puff pastry would be a huge hit with your family. And don’t forget dessert – we love Cherry Chocolate Cake or Almond Raspberry Sheet Cake.
CAN I MAKE THIS SOUP VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN?
You definitely can make this a meatless soup. Start by leaving out the pepperoni and sausage. To replace the chicken consider adding another more vegetables like zucchini or squash. Chop the veggies into cubes and add them in when you start to simmer the soup, so they do not get too soggy.
HOW LONG WILL PIZZA SOUP LAST?
It can be stored in the fridge for up to 6 days in an air-tight container. To reheat, simply place it in a pot on the stove and stir until warmed through or reheat it by the bowl’s worth in the microwave.
CAN YOU FREEZE EASY PIZZA SOUP?
Yes, you can freeze this soup. It freezes beautifully. Simply let the soup cool completely, then package it in an airtight container, and it will last up to 3 months. When you are ready to serve, defrost in the refrigerator or heat on the stove until defrosted and hot.
Love soup? Give these amazing soup recipes a try!
- CHILLED PEACH SOUP
- CROCKPOT SAUSAGE TORTELLINI SOUP
- CHEESY BROCCOLI POTATO SOUP
- CREAMY CHICKEN WILD RICE SOUP
- CROCKPOT CHICKEN TACO SOUP
- CREAMY VEGETABLE SOUP
- CROCKPOT HAM AND BEAN SOUP
- CLASSIC CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- WISCONSIN CAULIFLOWER SOUP
- SLOW COOKER CHICKEN ALFREDO SOUP
Slow Cooker Pizza Soup is a hearty soup that is loaded with all your favorite pizza flavors. Making this pizza soup recipe slow cooker is so easy. Combine the ingredients and the crockpot does all the work.
Lillian Ingria says
You left out the SIZE of the slow cooker Yes this is important following your recipe and the amounts of each ingredient!!! I don’t want to start figuring the ratio changing the recipe Please email me or text me the SIZE of the slow cooker for this recipe. Text would be faster
We use a standard 6 quart crockpot.
Lara K Trottier says
If I need to make this Gluten Free (the Tomato soup is not) what do you suggest I subsitute?
You can use gluten-free tomato soup! Pacific Foods makes a good one, but I think Walmart has a Great Value version that is gluten-free too.