This morning, enjoy a healthier breakfast option by making some pumpkin granola yogurt parfaits. Made with healthier ingredients and homemade granola, these parfaits are sure to become a Fall favorite.
I love yogurt, and all of my kids do too, so we go through a lot of it at our house! Seasonal flavors are always our favorites, so we like to make sure we stock up when we can!
This time, I decided to make a Pumpkin Spice granola to layer with this pumpkin-flavored yogurt for a fun after-school treat that the whole family enjoyed. These little parfaits are so easy to put together and are the perfect fall snack- no need to wait until Thanksgiving for a little taste of pumpkin pie!
Healthy Pumpkin Parfait Recipe
From the homemade granola to the light yogurt, this is a healthier dish to serve up. Packed with vitamins, calcium, fiber, and great taste, you really can’t go wrong! Pumpkin granola is so easy to make and tastes even more delicious when layered with Pumpkin Pie yogurt! This pumpkin yogurt parfait recipe is almost like a dessert for breakfast.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s easy to make! Granola is so easy to make. Just measure, mix, spread onto a baking sheet and wait until it’s cooked to perfection. The waiting is the hard part because your home will smell great for hours!
- It’s a great seasonal treat. Pumpkin is one of the most popular Fall flavors, and people look forward to it annually. Bring the taste of Fall home with this Autumn favorite.
- You can enjoy the granola without yogurt. While the two do make a perfect pairing, you can swap it for vanilla flavor or omit it entirely. Eating granola on its own is a wonderful snack idea for traveling, hiking, and more.
Fall Yogurt Parfait Ingredients
For the homemade granola, you will need:
Oats: You will need 5 cups of rolled oats for this recipe, but if you want to add some chopped nuts to your granola, you will need 3 cups of oats and 1 cup of nuts. You can use almonds, walnuts, or even pecans!
Salt: Add in 1/2 teaspoon salt to enhance the flavors well.
Spices: You will need 1 1/2 teaspoons each of ground cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice to make the granola taste warm and inviting.
Honey: Use 1/2 cup of honey to sweeten the granola well.
Brown sugar: Adding in 1/4 cup of brown sugar will give us more sweetness and caramelization while also adding a nice depth of flavor thanks to the molasses.
Coconut oil: Use 1/3 cup of coconut oil that has been warmed to its liquid form. This will make it easier to use.
Vanilla: Add in 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract to really make this granola taste fantastic.
Pumpkin: For a real pumpkin taste, we need to use pumpkin puree, but you’ll only need 3 tablespoons of it.
You will also need:
Yogurt: For the parfait building, you will need some pumpkin flavored yogurt. I used one 6 ounce container of Yoplait light pumpkin yogurt to make two mini parfaits, but feel free to use any yogurt!
How to Make Pumpkin Granola Yogurt Parfaits
Preheat oven to 325F and lightly grease a large baking sheet with a raised edge.
Mix dry granola ingredients
Mix the oats, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl.
Mix wet granola ingredients
Whisk together the honey, brown sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, and canned pumpkin in another bowl.
Add the wet mixture to the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
Spread the mixture evenly onto the prepared baking sheet and bake in 15 minutes intervals, stirring between each until ready. The granola is ready when all of it is golden brown and no longer moist (mine was ready after about 55 minutes).
Let cool completely
Allow to cool completely.
Layer the granola with Pumpkin yogurt in single serving dishes.
PUMPKIN GRANOLA YOGURT PARFAITS
- 5 cups rolled oats if you want to add chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans, do 3 cups of oats and 1 cup nuts instead)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil warmed to liquid form
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp canned pumpkin
- Yoplait light Pumpkin Pie yogurt – I used one 6 oz container to make 2 mini parfaits
- Prep: Preheat oven to 325F and lightly grease a large baking sheet with a raised edge.
- Mix dry granola ingredients: Mix the oats, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl.
- Mix wet granola ingredients: Whisk together the honey, brown sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, and canned pumpkin in another bowl.
- Combine granola: Add the wet mixture to the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
- Bake granola: Spread the mixture evenly onto the prepared baking sheet and bake in 15 minutes intervals, stirring between each until ready. The granola is ready when all of it is golden brown and no longer moist (mine was ready after about 55 minutes).
- Let Cool completely: Allow to cool completely.
- Assemble parfaits: Layer the granola with pumpkin yogurt in single serving dishes. Store any remaining granola in an airtight container for about a week.
How long is homemade granola good for?
You can keep your homemade granola stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week if desired. This granola doesn’t have a very long shelf life when compared to storebought or other homemade granola, and that is because we add in the canned pumpkin, which shortens the lifespan a bit.
Can granola go bad?
Yes, granola whether storebought or homemade, can go bad as it does have an expiration date. The older it gets, the more you risk it getting moldy (if it had moisture exposure), or it could become stale, hard, or overly chewy, making it unpleasant to eat.
Can I freeze homemade granola?
Yes! Homemade granola does very well in the freezer! I recommend laying it flat on a parchment lined baking sheet after it has cooled completely and then freezing it for 2 hours until solid. Then break apart any chunks and place the granola in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to eat (up to 3 months).
How far in advance can I make a granola parfait?
For the best texture experience, I recommend not making your pumpkin yogurt parfait until ready to serve. That said, if you like your granola softer, you can prep it up to a day or two in advance and keep it covered in the fridge.
If you enjoyed this recipe, You’d also enjoy these other snack recipes!
- FRIED CINNAMON APPLES
- NO BAKE APPLE BARS
- CHICKEN SALAD WITH GRAPES AND PECANS
- BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- EASY HALLOWEEN SNACK MIX
- CROCKPOT SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
- FALL WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEX MIX
- EASY HOMEMADE CARAMEL POPCORN
- LEMON CHIFFON DIP
- NUTELLA WONTONS
- HOLIDAY BAKING: SWEET SNACK MIXES
- TEXAS TRASH BEAN DIP
Enjoy a healthier breakfast option this morning by making some pumpkin granola yogurt parfaits. Made with healthier ingredients and homemade granola, these parfaits are sure to become a Fall favorite.