Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pecans is a delicious variation on a classic chicken salad recipe! Packed with hearty chicken, juicy fruit & an amazing dressing, this chicken salad with nuts is perfect!
This chicken salad with pecans and grapes recipe is made with just a few ingredients and served cold, it is sure to taste great on a warm summer’s day! Next potluck you are invited to, bring this chicken salad with fruit and nuts and watch how quickly is disappears!
The BEST Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pecans
Summer lunches often mean looking for something chilled and simple, look no further than this sensational chicken salad recipe! This has to be one of the most perfect and classic sandwich recipes for picnics and potlucks. Folks have been enjoying their own versions of chicken salad for decades, and it is about time I share mine with you too. This chicken salad recipe might just be the best version that I have ever tasted.
Why This Recipe Works
- It is quick and simple. Made with just 7 ingredients (not including salt and pepper) and assembled in just a few quick steps, this dish comes together quickly with hardly any prep work.
- A lighter meal option. We all have those days when we want to eat something light, and this salad is a perfect option for that. It is creamy, light, and bursting with fresh sweetness from the grapes, this is a dish you can feel good about eating.
- You can make it in large batches. Want to serve it up at your next party, BBQ, or get-together? Double or triple the recipe as needed and have plenty of it to share with your family and friends!
Grape Pecan Chicken Salad Ingredients
Chicken: You will need 2 cups of chopped cooked chicken for this chicken salad. This is a great way to use up leftover chicken or make it easy on yourself and use a rotisserie chicken!
Mayo: Adding in ½ cup of mayonnaise will make the salad creamy and thick.
Sour cream: Use ½ cup of sour cream to make the salad even creamier and a little tangy as well.
Lemon juice: Adding in 2 teaspoons of lemon juice will give the salad a nice citrus taste.
Onion: To give the salad a little something extra, add in ¼ cup of finely chopped onion. You can use yellow onion or red onion, depending on what you would prefer.
Grapes: Use 1 cup of seedless green grapes that have been sliced in half.
Pecans: You will want to use ½ cup of toasted pecans for this recipe, if you can find chopped pecans in the store this is the best option to use.
Salt and Pepper: These will be added “to taste,” meaning that you can adjust them to your own liking.
How to make Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pecans
Start by preparing the chicken, cook it and chop into chunks. I have found that using a rotisserie chicken is great for this recipe, it makes it so much easier and it is delicious too. Also, making chicken in the crockpot is a good way too!
Also, wash and remove all the stems from the grapes and cut them in half.
Lastly, dice the onion into very small pieces and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
Then, add in the cooked and chopped chicken, minced onion, halved grapes, and chopped pecans. Stir well to evenly coat all the ingredients together.
Serve your chicken salad immediately, or place it into the fridge and chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!
How do you toast pecans?
Toast the pecans by preheating your oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Toss the pecans with about 1 tablespoon of melted butter. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the pecans on, spreading them out so they are not overlapping. Bake for about 5-6 minutes, keeping an eye on them so they don’t start to burn.
Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pecans
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ onion finely chopped (red or yellow, your preference)
- 1 cup green seedless grapes halved
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by preparing the chicken, cook it and chop into chunks. I have found that using a rotisserie chicken is great for this recipe, it makes it so much easier and it is delicious too.
- Wash and remove all the stems from the grapes and cut them in half.
- Dice the onion into very small pieces and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Then, add in the cooked and chopped chicken, minced onion, halved grapes, and chopped pecans. Stir well to evenly coat all the ingredients together.
- Serve your chicken salad immediately or place it into the fridge and chill until ready to serve.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How to Serve Chicken Salad?
This chicken salad recipe would taste great served over the top of your favorite bread and create a luscious sandwich. This is a delicious mix that also tastes great when spread over the top of salty crackers, apple slices, or just by itself!
How long is chicken salad good for?
This chicken salad can be kept stored in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days in the fridge. I do not recommend freezing this recipe as it will not hold up well.
How long can chicken salad be left out?
If you are serving this salad to a group at a party, then you should note that due to the ingredients, this is a recipe that should not sit out at room temperature for more than 2 hours. On a hot day (like above 90 degrees F), then it should only be left out for up to one hour. If needed, divide the salad into bowls and keep one bowl in the fridge while the other is out at the party, and rotate them after an hour or so to keep everything safe for consumption.
What type of chicken works well for chicken salad?
You can use any plain cooked chicken or even. Canned (drained) chicken. My favorite is to use the prepackaged, already chopped rotisserie chicken I can find in the deli. It adds more flavor and is all ready to be mixed into the chicken salad.
Here are some more great salad recipes you’ll enjoy!
- COLD CHICKEN PASTA SALAD WITH MAYO
- RICH & CREAMY GRAPE SALAD
- CREAMY POMEGRANATE FRUIT SALAD
- FRITO CORN SALAD
- MARSHMALLOW FRUIT SALAD WITH COOL WHIP
- AVOCADO CHICKEN SALAD TOPPED RITZ® CRACKERS
- EASY PISTACHIO SALAD RECIPE
- FROG EYE SALAD
- CHICKEN BLT SALAD
- SNICKERS APPLE SALAD
- CREAMY ORANGE FRUIT SALAD
- 5-MINUTE CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE WITH CANNED CHICKEN
This chicken salad recipe with grapes and pecans is a refreshingly tangy and creamy dish that everyone can enjoy. Made with simple ingredients and steps, you can have a tasty dip or spread ready to eat in no time.