Creamy Grape Salad made with red & green grapes, cream cheese, brown sugar and pecans. Fancy fruit salad recipe that tastes as incredible as it looks.
We love grapes around here and go through them fast! I wanted to bring a different kind of fruit salad to our latest family dinner and this salad was a hit! My husband adored it. It’s got a rich, creamy cheesecake-like mixture that goes perfectly with the sweet, crisp grapes. It’s decadent but still light enough to qualify as a fruit salad. Don’t leave out the pecan-brown sugar sprinkle too- it’s the perfect addition!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
–Red & green grapes: you’ll need about 6 cups of grapes total, which is roughly 2 lbs. I love using both colors so that there is more color variety in the salad.
–cream cheese: you’ll need one 8-oz block, although you can use less if you’d like to. Opt for Neufatchel cheese for lower calories!
— Granulated sugar: I like to add right around 1/4 cup, but you can use less if you’d like.
–1 tsp vanilla: I’m a fan of using Vanilla Bean paste so you can see the vanilla bean flecks!
—Chopped pecans: I love the pecans in this recipe! You’ll need 1/4 cup, but you can always add more.
–brown sugar: adds a bit of sweetness and texture to the top of the salad.
Wash grapes and set aside.
Stir grapes into the cream cheese mixture. I transferred my salad to a prettier bowl at this point and layered the pecans/ brown sugar as I spooned the grape salad over. Add about 2 cups of grapes to a bowl, then sprinkle on some pecans and brown sugar. Add more grape salad, then top with more brown sugar/ pecans. Make sure you leave a little of both for the very top of the salad!
RICH & CREAMY GRAPE SALAD
- 2 lbs red & green grapes about 6 cups of grapes total
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 5 oz vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- Wash grapes and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cream cheese, yogurt, sugar and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Make sure your cream cheese is pretty soft or it's difficult to get the mixture smooth.
- Stir grapes into the cream cheese mixture. I transferred my salad to a prettier bowl at this point and layered the pecans/ brown sugar as I spooned the grape salad over. Add about 2 cups of grapes to a bowl, then sprinkle on some pecans and brown sugar. Add more grape salad, then top with more brown sugar/ pecans. Make sure you leave a little of both for the very top of the salad!
Where to serve Grape Salad
Grape Salad is perfect for just about any gathering! It’s great in the Spring/ Summer when grapes are plentiful and taste amazing. It’s lovely around holidays too! We love serving it as a sweet side dish for Easter dinner.
How to store Grape Salad
You’ll want to store any leftover grape salad in an airtight container in the fridge. Give it a quick stir before serving again.
Can Grape Salad be Made Ahead?
I like to make the sweetened cream cheese mixture and prepare the grapes ahead of time. That way, when you’re ready to serve, you can just stir the two together and top with brown sugar and pecans.
You can make the entire salad ahead of time as well. Just give it a good stir and leave the toppings to just before serving.
If you’re not a fan of grapes, or you don’t have access to them, you really can use just about any other fruit you’d like! The creamy topping mimiks cheesecake, which I think sounds amazing on any fruit. Just remember that any fruit that needs to be sliced will likely give off water. So to avoid a runny salad, assemble the salad close to serving time.
Check out our other popular salad recipes:
- How to make Chicken Salad recipe
- Fiesta Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad
- Fancy Fruit Salad
- Orange Cream Fruit Salad
- Chicken Pasta Salad
- Cranberry Jello Salad
- Tropical Jello Pretzel Salad
- Creamy Orange Fruit Salad
- Berries and Cream Salad
- Cream Cheese Grape Salad
- Berry Spinach Salad
- Copycat KFC Coleslaw recipe
- Garden Vegetable Caprese Salad
- Spinach Chicken Pasta Salad
- Pizza Pasta Salad
- Chinese Chicken Salad