I don’t know about everyone else, but I have a hard time cooking dinner when it’s hot outside. Nothing sounds good and turning on the oven is out of the question. One thing that only involves minor heat, is light and cold, and fills my family up is a good pasta salad. They’re also perfect for summer potlucks and BBQ’s.
Spinach Chicken Pasta Salad with Teriyaki Dressing
- 2 Cups cooked chicken, diced (I use canned or grill extra for dinner earlier in the week).
- 1 box (16 oz) pasta (bowtie is my favorite)
- about 4 oz fresh spinach
- 6 oz Craisins
- 3 small cans of mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup good quality vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3 TBSP sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper