No-Bake Peanut butter pretzel bars made with simple ingredients like pretzels, brown sugar, peanut butter and chocolate! No-Bake salty sweet dessert bar that comes together fast and has great flavor that everyone loves!
Chocolate and peanut butter are a classic flavor combination that is beloved by many. There is just something about that sweet and salty mashup that has us all craving Reese’s peanut butter cup now and then. But these chocolate peanut butter pretzel bars hit a little differently and in the best way. These pretzel bars are significantly easier than making your own peanut butter cups and better-tasting too thanks to the crunchy pretzels in every bite!
What Are Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars?
They are a homemade candy bar with chocolate, pretzels, and peanut butter in every heavenly square. These bars are made from scratch and are a perfectly sweet, savory, salty treat that you are going to love.
We have been making these no-bake peanut butter pretzel bars for years and cannot get enough of them, especially around the holiday season. See for yourself, once you try them you will surely be hooked and it will quickly become a go-to recipe for years to come.
Pretzel Bars Ingredients
-Pretzels: The base of this recipe is 2 cups of salted pretzels but also save some for garnishing the top of the bars. In total, you will need about 3 cups.
-Peanut butter: You will need 1 cup of creamy peanut butter for the filling. Very important, do not use natural peanut butter as it is too wet and will not be set correctly.
-Butter: Use 2 tablespoons of softened unsalted butter to make the filling rich in taste. If you only have salted butter on hand that is OK too, consider adjusting the amount of salt added to the top of the bars in the final step.
-Brown sugar: Adding ¼ cup of packed brown sugar to the creamy peanut butter will make the filling sweet and give it a wonderful depth of flavor.
-Powdered sugar: You will need ½ cup of powdered sugar to make the peanut butter filling nice and sweet.
-Chocolate chips: Use 1 ½ cups of milk chocolate chips or melting discs to get enough chocolate to coat everything well.
-Salt: You will need some salt for sprinkling on top to make these bars look and feel complete.
How to Make No-Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil and then coat it well with nonstick cooking spray.
In a zip lock bag roughly crush 2 cups of pretzels, be sure to keep medium size pieces intact for maximized results. Set these aside.
Make the base
In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and powdered sugar in a bowl. Mix well.
Stir in the crushed pretzels to the mixture.
Continue to press the mixture into the bottom of your prepared baking pan. Press it into an even layer and then chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Adding the chocolate
In a double boiler pan or microwave-safe bowl melt your chocolate, stirring well until smooth. If melting in the microwave, heat for 30-second increments and stir in between, adjust heat time based on the mixture. Melt until chocolate is smooth.
Proceed to spread the chocolate evenly over the top of the peanut butter pretzel base.
If needed, tap the bottom of the pan against a hard surface to help even out the chocolate a bit more.
Sprinkle the remaining pretzels over the top of the chocolate, evenly spaced, and lightly sprinkle the top with salt.
Chill and serve
Place the baking pan in the refrigerator to cool or on the counter until cooled and set.
When cooled, lift the foil out of the pan to remove the bars.
Peel the foil off of the bottom and use a sharp knife to cut the candy into squares.
Serve on a festive tray or plate or store in an air-tight container. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
- 3 Cups pretzels
- 1 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter softened
- ¼ Cup packed brown sugar
- ½ Cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ Cup chocolate chips or chocolate melting discs
- Ground salt for a light sprinkle over the top, if desired
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper, coat with non stick spray, and set aside.
- Roughly crush 2 cups of pretzels.
- Combine the peanut butter, butter, and sugars in a small bowl, then stir in the crushed pretzels. Press this mixture evenly into the lined pan, and chill for 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate (I used the microwave- go slowly!), and pour over peanut butter base.
- Spread evenly and tap the pan against a hard surface to even out the chocolate a bit more.
- Place pretzels evenly over the top (this will be your cutting guide), and sprinkle additional (ground/coarse) salt.
- Cool in refrigerator or on counter.
- Lift the parchment out of the pan with the bars, use a sharp knife to cut into squares. Enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Can I use a different type of chocolate?
Yes, absolutely! You can use any chocolate variety desired. I like to use milk chocolate but other great options include white chocolate and dark chocolate. Just use what you like best and it is sure to turn out tasting great!
How to store pretzel bars?
Keep these pretzel bars stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. The chocolate may separate as it ages, meaning that there are dry or white-looking spots on it, but this is completely fine and harmless. I recommend having the pretzel bars cut into single-serving pieces before storing so that it’s easier to grab one when you want.
Can I add nuts to this recipe?
Of course, you can! If you want to add nuts I suggest you sprinkle them over the top of the chocolate spread, they will chill beautifully and add another delicious layer to the bar.
How do I make these GLUTEN FREE bars?
One thing to know is that most peanut butter is naturally gluten free, peanut butter containing gluten is the exception rather than the rule. There are also many great options for gluten free pretzels in most grocery stores now, substitute regular pretzels for gluten free and you will have a delicious GF treat for all to enjoy!
Check out these other great chocolate peanut butter recipes you’re going to love!
- CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER DIP
- CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CANDY
- NO-BAKE PEANUT BUTTER BANANA FUDGE BARS
- CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER PIE
- EVERYTHING-BUT-THE-KITCHEN-SINK COOKIES
- CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER MARSHMALLOW BARK
- PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- PEANUT BUTTER CHIP CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- SALTED CARAMEL BROWNIE COOKIES
- CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CUP CUPCAKES
- THE BEST PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- CHOCOLATE CARAMEL PEANUT BUTTER POKE CAKE
- CHOCOLATE CARAMEL PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- BUTTERSCOTCH PRETZEL COOKIES
- CHOCOLATE CHIP PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES
These Peanut butter pretzel bars are a perfect salty and sweet treat that is hard to beat. These no-bake chocolate peanut butter pretzel bars are made with these simple ingredients: chocolate, peanut butter, and salty pretzel. This delicious homemade candy bar is always in season and is sure to be a huge crowd pleaser!