Orange creamsicle bites are a tasty little treat that brings a burst of sweetness and flavor. They taste like summer (or spring) and are perfect for any occasion. With a semi-homemade batter and a fantastic glaze, these little mini muffins are a dessert you will want to try soon!
Earlier this year, I made a wonderful recipe for Little Lemon Drops that is absolutely amazing and I decided it was time to modify the recipe a little bit to create these little orange bites. The results? The orange ones are just as addictive as the lemon ones – they are soooo yummy! And since they are so little, you can justify eating a bunch of them. Right? I think I’m going to make orange, lemon and maybe try some strawberry ones and serve them at Easter since they are so perfect for spring!
What are orange creamsicle bites?
These little bites are a simple mini cupcake recipe made using a boxed orange cake mix. With pudding and sour cream in the batter, you know it’s going to give flavorful and moist results. Adding a nice powdered sugar glaze to the top makes these little bites irresistible and perfect for a sweet treat when a craving strikes.
Orange creamsicle bite ingredients
For the bites, you will need:
-Orange cake mix: We need one box of Orange Supreme Cake Mix to be the base of these orange cream bites.
-Vanilla pudding mix: Adding in a box of vanilla pudding mix (a 3.4 ounce sized box) we can add a creamy flavor to every bite.
-Eggs: We need 4 large eggs to bind the cake batter together so that it is the perfect texture and consistency.
-Sour cream: Adding in 1 1/4 cup of sour cream will thicken the batter while giving us a rich and moist cake once baked.
-Milk: We only need 1/2 cup of milk to help thin down the batter while leaving tasty results.
For the glaze, you will need:
How to make orange creamsicle bites
Place each dipped muffin bite back onto the wire racks to rest until the glaze has set.
Make sure to place a few aside for yourself before offering them up to everyone else otherwise they may disappear before you get the chance to try them. They’re so irresistibly good!
ORANGE CREAMSICLE BITES
- 1 box Orange Supreme cake mix
- 1 pkg 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter melted
- 2 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 325. Coat mini muffin tins with cooking spray. (I used almost 3 full pans of 24).
- Beat the cake ingredients in a large bowl with an electric mixer for several minutes until blended and smooth.
- Fill each muffin hole about 1/2 full. I used a small cookie scoop and it worked perfectly!
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the pan on a wire rack for about 2 minutes and then turn the muffin pan over on a wire rack so that all the muffins are upside down. Cool completely and once all the batter is cooked, you can make the glaze.
- Place the wire racks over waxed paper. Beat the glaze ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Dip muffins in glaze to coat the bottoms (which are now the tops!) and the sides and let the excess drip off back into the bowl. Place each orange bite back on the wire racks until the glaze is set.
- Make sure to eat a few before placing them out for others or you’ll never get to try one! Enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
What can I use as a sour cream substitute?
If you don’t have sour cream on hand, you can simply switch it out for plain Greek yogurt. The two are easily interchangeable in recipes with little to no differences. Regular yogurt could possibly work, but it can make the batter too wet and also throw off the results- I haven’t personally tried, so I cannot confirm how regular yogurts hold up.
Where can I find the orange cake mix?
You can find this cake mix at your local Walmart and other retailers online. For best results, I recommend checking Duncan Hine’s Find Near Me feature to find your closest retailer. If you have not luck, you could also use a box of yellow cake mix and simply add 1/2-1 tsp of orange extract to the recipe along with some orange food coloring for the desired color.
More tasty Cake Recipes to try soon:
- Iced Lemon Bundt Cake
- Key Lime Cake
- Peppermint Oreo Poke Cake
- Lime Pound Cake
- Pink Cake Pops
- Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
- Honey Gingerbread Cake
- Carrot Cake Bread
- Peanut Butter Blossom Cupcakes
- Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Poke Cake
- Sugar Cookie Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Easy Pineapple Bundt Cake
- Butterfly Cupcakes
- Cranberry Coffee Cake
You’re going to love this tasty and delicious orange cake bite recipe. It’s so good it’s hard to resist. Yum!