Earlier this year, I made a wonderful recipe for Little Lemon Drops that is absolutely amazing and I decided it was time to modify the recipe a little bit to create these little orange bites. The results? The orange ones are just as addictive as the lemon ones – they are soooo yummy! And since they are so little, you can justify eating a bunch of them. Right? I think I’m going to make orange, lemon and maybe try some strawberry ones and serve them at Easter since they are so perfect for spring!
ORANGE CREAMSICLE BITES
- CAKE BITES:
- 1 box Orange Supreme cake mix
- 1 pkg 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter melted
- 2 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 325. Coat mini muffin tins with cooking spray. (I used almost 3 full pans of 24).
- Beat the cake ingredients in a large bowl with an electric mixer for several minutes until blended and smooth.
- Fill each muffin hole about 1/2 full. I used a small cookie scoop and it worked perfectly!
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the pan on a wire rack for about 2 minutes and then turn the muffin pan over on a wire rack so that all the muffins are upside down. Cool completely and once all the batter is cooked, you can make the glaze.
- Place the wire racks over waxed paper. Beat the glaze ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Dip muffins in glaze to coat the bottoms (which are now the tops!) and the sides and let the excess drip off back into the bowl. Place each orange bite back on the wire racks until the glaze is set.
- Make sure to eat a few before placing them out for others or you’ll never get to try one! Enjoy!