Lemonade Bundt Cake recipe made with butter, sugar, eggs, Greek yogurt & lemonade mix. Delightfully sweet & tart lemon cake with incredible flavor that’s perfect for Spring!
The taste of lemonade is so refreshing and it’s even better in this lemon cake with cream cheese frosting! This lemonade cake from scratch is perfect for summer, the simple ingredients come together easily to create a sweet, citrus flavored cake that tastes absolutely incredible!
Spring Time Lemon Cake with Buttercream Frosting
We are a huge fan of all things lemon in our house, what is not to love about this amazing citrus fruit? I am also willing Spring to come around early this year, so I thought I would add some lemonade to a simple cake recipe to help! In my opinion, Springtime and lemon just go together. The fresh citrus taste, combined with the soft, sweet cake, are incredible. Then add the sweet buttercream frosting and OH-MY, this dessert is simply heavenly! Give it a try, we hope you enjoy this cake as much as our family does.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS EASY CAKE RECIPE
- Easy to make! This lemonade cake is so simple to make. Just combine the ingredients, mix, pour, bake and frost. There is nothing better than an easy dessert recipe, this is one you will want to try.
- Basic ingredients. We use very basic kitchen staple ingredients to make this cake, like flour, lemon juice, baking powder, and sugar. There is a very good chance that you already have most of the ingredients needed for this recipe in your home.
- Simply delicious! The flavors in this cake recipe are heavenly. The basic cake recipe creates a lovely, moist, soft cake. When you add the lemonade mix and lemon juice, it takes this cake up a notch with a burst of citrus flavor. Perfect for a summer or spring treat!
Lemon Spring Cake Ingredients
Butter: Using ½ cup of salted butter, partially melted, will help create a nice, rich tasting cake.
Sugar: Add in 1 ½ cup of granulated sugar gives this cake a wonderful sweet flavor.
Eggs: You will need 4 large eggs to make the cake moist and have fantastic texture too.
Vanilla extract: To help enhance all the great flavors, add in 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Greek yogurt: Use ¼ cup of plain Greek yogurt to give this cake the most amazing texture and even more moisture.
Lemon juice: Adding ½ cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice will give this cake great fresh citrus flavor!
Lemonade mix: For even more delicious taste, add ½ cup of lemonade mix in this cake batter.
Baking powder: To help the cake rise as it bakes, use 1 tsp of baking powder.
Baking soda: The second leavening agent in this recipe is 1 tsp of baking soda.
Flour: You need 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour for the structural base of this cake batter.
Buttercream Frosting Ingredients
Powder sugar: To make the frosting wonderfully sweet, use 3 cups of powdered sugar.
Cream cheese: Adding in one 8-oz block of cream cheese, room temperature, will make this cake frosting so rich and creamy.
Step by step on how to make Lemonade Bundt Cake
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Next, in a small bowl, melt the butter for about 20 seconds in the microwave and then transfer it to a mixing bowl with the granulated sugar. Use a handheld electric mixer to cream together the butter and granulated sugar until no clumps of butter or sugar remain.
Then, add the eggs, vanilla extract, Greek yogurt, and lemon juice to the mixing bowl. Using the hand mixer on a medium speed, whisk the ingredients together until smooth and homogenous.
This cake is very moist and spongey. It is also very tart and “lemony”. If you want to increase the lemon flavor you can add the zest of 2 lemons.
After that, reduce the mixer to a low speed and add the lemonade mix, baking powder, baking soda, and flour. Continue to mix continuously, until no dry ingredients remain unincorporated.
Now, coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with butter, making sure to get all the crevasses well. Proceed to pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan. Place the cake pan in the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes.
Allow the cake to cool while you prep the frosting. You want to make sure the cake is cool before you frost it, so the frosting doesn’t just run off the cake.
In a medium bowl, using the electric mixer, combine and whip together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Mix until the sugar is fully incorporated, and the cream cheese is soft and no lumps remain.
Proceed to frost your cake, then slice, and enjoy!
Lemonade Bundt Cake
- ½ cup salted butter partially melted
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup lemonade mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 8 oz block cream cheese room temperature
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Batter: In a small bowl, melt the butter for about 20 seconds in the microwave and then transfer it to a mixing bowl with the granulated sugar. Use a handheld electric mixer to cream together the butter and granulated sugar until no clumps of butter or sugar remain.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, Greek yogurt, and lemon juice to the mixing bowl. On a medium speed, whisk the ingredients together until smooth and homogenous.
- Reduce the mixer to a low speed and add the lemonade mix, baking powder, baking soda, and flour. Continue to mix continuously, until no dry ingredients remain unincorporated.
- Bake: Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with butter. Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan. Place the cake pan in the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes. Allow the cake to cool while you prep the frosting.
- Frosting: In a medium bowl, use the electric mixer, combine and whip together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Mix until the sugar is fully incorporated, and the cream cheese is soft, and no lumps remain. Proceed to frost your cake, then slice, and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Can I just a different frosting for this cake?
I like to use a simple cream cheese frosting to balance the tartness of the lemon in the cake, but you can use a lemon frosting as well. Chocolate frosting also pairs wonderfully with lemon cake. You can also use a store bought frosting if you’d like, to make this recipe even easier.
How to you store homemade lemon bundt cake?
This cake is best stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6 days. Alternatively, it can be stored on the counter for 4-5 days. It just depends on your preference, if you like it chilled or room temperature.
TIPS FOR MAKING A BUNDT CAKE!
There is nothing worse than making a delicious bundt cake and then having it get stuck when you are trying to get it out of the pan. It may take a little bit of trial and error depending on which kind of Bundt pan you are using, but over the years I have learned a few tips that help make sure your cake comes out successfully!
Use a quality non-stick pan like this one. They aren’t very expensive and the investment will be worth it when your cakes come out beautifully every time!
Grease your pan! I know. You are wondering why you need to grease a non-stick pan because usually you don’t! In fact, most of your non-stick pans will tell you not to use cooking spray at all because it will build up on the pan and make it less effective over time. That is true, but you still need to grease the pan somehow or it will likely stick. I have a very nice non-stick Bundt pan and I was excited to try it out because I was told that nothing would stick to it and that it didn’t need to be greased at all. The cake was totally stuck in the pan when it was done baking!!!
If you have a non-stick pan, grease it with melted shortening. I have had better luck with shortening than with butter. Just melt a little bit of shortening and then apply to the entire inside of the Bundt pan with a pastry brush.
If you don’t have a non-stick pan, you can use this type of cooking spray – it works miraculously because there is flour mixed in with the spray. I have an older pan that is not non-stick and when I use this spray, my Bundt cakes come out perfectly every single time. If your pan is really old and the inside is really scratched up and your cakes keep sticking, it may be time to get a new pan!
Also, make sure to grease your pan right before pouring the batter in. If you grease the pan too far ahead of time, the oil may drip down to the bottom of the pan, leaving the sides less coated.
Let the cake cool before trying to get it out! If you try to get the cake out immediately after pulling it out of the oven, it will probably fall apart. You don’t want to let it cool completely either, but letting the cake rest for about 10 minutes should allow the cake to be cool enough to come out of the Bundt pan easily.
-Loosen up the edges of the cake with a knife. If you turn your Bundt pan upside down and wait a couple of minutes and it still isn’t coming out, try to identify which part of the cake is stuck. Often, there is just one or two parts that are stuck and you can very gently slide a butter knife in between the cake and the side of the pan to get it unstuck.
Love cake as much as we do? Try more great recipes here:
- Lemon Poke Cake Recipe
- Cookies & Cream Poke Cake
- S’mores Poke Cake
- Lemon Buttermilk Pound Cake
- Orange Chiffon Cake
- Easy Zucchini Cake
- Milky Way Cake
- Buttermilk Banana Cake
- Pumpkin Poke Cake
- Easy Apple Spice Cake
- Strawberries and Cream Cake
- Raspberry Chocolate Cake
- Coca-Cola Cake
- Oatmeal Cake
- Mandarin Orange Cake with Pineapple Frosting
Lemonade Bundt Cake recipe is made with simple ingredients like butter, sugar, eggs, Greek yogurt, and lemonade mix. Wonderfully sweet & tart lemon cake with amazing flavor that is perfect for Springtime!
Christy G says
I love bundt cakes especially if they have cream cheese icing. I’ll have to make this for Easter.
Victoria Chicaul says
Is the lemonade mix powder or frozen?
I used powdered lemonade mix.