No Bake Peanut Butter Bars are made with only five ingredients and they taste like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups! Chocolate and peanut butter come together in this delicious no bake dessert recipe.
What are no bake peanut butter bars?
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars are made with powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter and butter. All of the ingredients are mixed together and then topped with melted chocolate chips. As soon as the chocolate sets, the bars can be cut and served – no baking required!
What kind of peanut butter to use in no bake peanut butter bars?
The recipe calls for creamy peanut butter but you can use crunchy peanut butter if you prefer. Any type of peanut butter, even the more natural varieties will work just fine in this recipe.
The easiest way to measure out peanut butter in a recipe is with a measuring cup like this one. You can measure the peanut butter and push it out so easily without trying to scrape it all out of a regular measuring cup! These measuring cups work so well for peanut butter, honey, shortening…I use mine all the time!
Ingredients in no bake peanut butter bars
-graham cracker crumbs
-creamy peanut butter
-semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to make no bake peanut butter bars
Mix the powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter and melted butter together in a mixing bowl. Pour the mixture into an ungreased 9X13 pan and gently press until the pan is evenly coated and the graham cracker layer is smooth and even.
Melt the chocolate chips and pour over the top. Use a butter knife to evenly spread the chocolate over the top of the graham cracker layer.
Refrigerate for about 2 hours or until the chocolate sets up. Before serving, let the bars return to room temperature (about 15-20 minutes and then cut into squares.
NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs about 14-15 full graham crackers
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 pkg. chocolate chips
- Mix the powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter and melted butter together in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased 9X13 pan and gently press until the pan is evenly coated and the graham cracker layer is smooth and even.
- Melt the chocolate chips and pour over the top. Use a butter knife to evenly spread the chocolate over the top of the graham cracker layer.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours or until the chocolate sets up. Before serving, let the bars return to room temperature (about 15-20 minutes and then cut into squares.
How to store no bake peanut butter bars
These bars store beautifully at room temperature for 3-4 days or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. If you store them in the refrigerator, make sure to bring them to room temperature before eating – they are so much better this way! Eating them while cold is just not quite the same. Make sure to cover the remaining bars with plastic wrap or an airtight lid to keep them fresh longer.
How to melt chocolate chips
I prefer to melt chocolate chips in the microwave because it is so fast and easy. Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish (I like to use a glass Pyrex measuring cup) and then microwave for about 45 seconds. Stir the chocolate chips around and then return to the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir again.
Even if the chocolate chips aren’t completely melted, just keep stirring and see if they will melt all the way. If they still aren’t melted, microwave for another 15 seconds and stir again. You just want to be careful not to microwave the chocolate chips too long because then the chocolate will seize and be unusable.
You can also melt the chocolate chips over the stove in a saucepan. Just turn the heat to low and stir the chocolate chips just until melted.
How many graham crackers in one cup of graham cracker crumbs
7 or 8 graham crackers (full sheets) should yield about 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs when crushed. To crush graham crackers, you can use a blender or food processor to get consistently fine crumbs in just a few seconds. You can also put the graham crackers in a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin or a meat mallet.
I usually take a shortcut and just use graham cracker crumbs that are already crushed. They can be found in a box at the store right next to the pre-made graham cracker crusts in the baking aisle.
Other peanut butter desserts you’ll love:
- Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
- Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Snickers Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Fudge
- Peanut Butter Pretzels
- Peanut Butter Fudge Cups
- Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cookies
- Peanut Butter Banana Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip
- Homemade Snickers Bars
- Peanut Butter Buckeye Recipe
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars are a delicious chocolate and peanut butter recipe that is made with only five ingredients. This no bake dessert recipe comes together in just a few minutes and tastes like Reese’s peanut butter cups!