Mint Chocolate Chip Cream Pie is a creamy mint pie loaded with chocolate chips! This easy pie recipe has smooth mint cream filling mixed with chocolate chips & Andes mints all in an Oreo pie crust. Chocolate Mint lovers rejoice!
This Mint Chip Cream Pie is a pudding based pie that is kept and served cold. The classic green color with mini chocolate chips will remind you of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream with only a handful of ingredients, all inside of an Oreo crust! Today we are talking about pie though and no, this isn’t an ice cream pie. This pie is made with a pudding base. It is creamy, minty, and best of all, super easy to throw together! The entire pie only uses 7 ingredients… and that’s if you count the green food coloring!
Mint Chocolate Chip Desserts
There is just something so refreshing about the combination of chocolate and mint. It happens to be one of my absolute favorite combinations and if you are here visiting this recipe, I’ll just assume it is a favorite of yours too. Mint and chocolate come in all dessert forms, from Mint Chocolate chip cookies, Chocolate Cupcakes with Mint Frosting, Mint Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats to Mint Oreo Mousse Cups. See, proof I love all things chocolate and mint!
Mint Chip Pie is perfectly refreshing in the summer or make it for St Patrick’s Day! Many people love to make it around Christmas Time as well. Really, this pie is perfect at any time of year! I certainly don’t need an excuse to make (and eat) it!
Like mentioned above, we only need a handful of easy ingredients for this pie. The one item you may not have is mint extract, but it is only a few dollars at the grocery store and a must purchase for this recipe.
- Store Bought Oreo Crust- I like to purchase the pre made crust from the grocery store for convenience but you could definitely make your own if you’d like! Use 25 Oreos, crushed, and combine it with 5 tbsp of melted butter. Press it into your pie plate and chill.
- Vanilla Pudding Mix- We will use the smaller box, 3.2 oz. Definitely use vanilla flavor, and we will be looking for the Instant Pudding!
- Heavy Cream- To make the pudding thicker which makes the pie thicker and easier to slice, we will use heavy cream instead of the milk that is called for when generally making pudding.
- Mint Extract- You’ll want mint extract, not peppermint. There is a difference, make sure you are using mint.
- Frozen Whipped Topping- The whipped topping will need to be thawed before making this recipe. One 8 oz container is all you’ll need.
- Green Food Coloring- This isn’t a requirement and won’t change the final taste of the pie, so if you’d rather not use the food coloring this is something you could skip out on.
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Andes Mints Bits
Making this cream pie is very easy, just a little measuring and mixing is all. First, we will mix together the pudding mix with the heavy cream and mint extract with a whisk. Stir briskly, smoothing out any lumps before it sets up. Within a few minutes it will be very thick.
The next step is to mix the pudding into the whipped topping. You can fold it in or whisk it together, just mix until everything is combined and smooth. Now is the time to add in that food coloring. I used about 5 drops of green food coloring. Finally, fold in the mini chocolate chips.
Spread the pie filling into the pie crust and refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving. Feel free to top the pie with the remaining whipped topping and sprinkle with Andes mints if desired.
Mint Chip Cream Pie
- 1 3.2 oz box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 1 8 oz tub whipped topping divided
- 5-7 drops green food coloring
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup ande's mint bits optional
- 1 oreo pie crust
- Using either a whisk or an electric hand mixer, combine the vanilla pudding mix, heavy cream, and mint extract until smooth. Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes until very thick.
- Fold the pudding mixture together with 1 1/2 cups whipped topping until creamy with no lumps.
- Stir in the food coloring.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the pie filling into the oreo pie crust.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
- Top the pie with the remaining whipped topping and ande's mint bits if desired.
Storing a cream pie such as this one needs to be done in the refrigerator. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve and place back in the fridge immediately after serving. Keeping the pie out of the fridge for too long will result in a runny pie and one that is not safe for eating anymore.
This pie freezes great! Freeze the entire pie or by the slice. To thaw a whole pie, place in the fridge for 24 hours before serving. To thaw just a slice, allow it to set on the counter for 15-20 minutes or until thawed.
Looking for more easy pie recipes, check these out:
- Super Easy Pina Colada Pie
- Easy Pistachio Cream Pie
- Cherry Chocolate Cream Cheese Pie
- Chocolate Chip Coconut Pie
- Double Layer No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Double Layer No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Hershey Chocolate Pie
- Easy Peach Pie
- Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
- Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- Banana Split Pie
- Lemon Icebox Pie
- Caramel Pecan Apple Pie
- Snickerdoodle Apple Pie Bites
- Chocolate Caramel Turtle Pie
This pudding based Mint Chip Cream Pie is a fast and easy pie to pull together. With mint flavor, green color, and chocolate pieces in every Oreo crusted bite, this pie is one you won’t forget anytime soon! Mint Chocolate Chip Cream Pie is a creamy mint pie loaded with chocolate chips! This easy pie recipe has smooth mint cream filling mixed with chocolate chips & Andes mints all in an Oreo pie crust. Chocolate Mint lovers rejoice!