Easy Pistachio Cream Pie with just 5 ingredients and made in minutes! Ready to serve in an hour & perfectly sweet and creamy with delicious pistachio flavor. Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or anytime!
Pistachio pie with graham cracker crust is a treat everyone can enjoy and there is no wrong time to serve it. You’re going to love how simple and easy it is to make this no bake pistachio pudding cheesecake!
Because this Cool Whip Pie recipe uses both whipped topping and cream cheese, this recipe is a cross between cheesecakes and cream pies. It’s light, fluffy, and still a little rich, giving you the perfect combination that has you coming back for more.
So make sure to keep this cream cheese pudding pie recipe on hand because you may find that the next time you want to bring a dessert, you’ll have to bring two. Which, let’s be honest- that isn’t a bad thing, right?
Yes you can freeze this cream pie, just make sure to keep it well covered in the freezer for up to two months. To thaw simply place it in the fridge overnight or let it sit on the counter for a few hours to come to room temp before eating.
Can I Use a Different Pie Crust?
Absolutely! Many people love their pistachio pie with an Oreo crust because a chocolate pistachio pie tastes incredible. Seriously, they’re a match made in heaven. Even my chocolate pistachio pinwheel cookies would have to agree.
-2 small boxes pistachio pudding mix (3.4 oz each)
-2 cups milk
-4 oz cream cheese
-1 6-9 oz graham cracker pie crust
-Additional whipped cream, cherries & crushed pistachios, for topping
In a large mixing bowl (or in the bowl of a stand mixer) Whip the cream cheese using an electric mixer for about 1 minute. Add in the milk and the pudding mixes. Mix for another 2-3 minutes, until the mixture thickens.
Add in the whipped topping and then stir to combine.
Pour the mixture into the pie crust. Cover & then refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Then top with additional whipped topping, cherries and crushed pistachios, if desired.
Pistachio Cream Pie
- 2 3.4oz Small Boxes of Pistachio Pudding Mix
- 2 cups Milk
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 8 oz Whipped Topping
- 1 6-9oz Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Additional Whipped Topping, Cherries & Crushed Pistachios for Topping
- Whip cream cheese using an electric mixer for about 1 minute. Add in milk and pudding mixes. Mix 2-3 minutes, until mixture thickens.
- Add in whipped topping and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into pie crust. Cover & refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Top with additional whipped topping, cherries and crushed pistachios, if desired.
Can This Pistachio Pie Be Made Dairy Free?
Theoretically, it could, but I haven’t tried it. In order to make it dairy free you’d need to double check the pie crust is safe (or simply make your own). Then use a dairy free milk like almond milk, dairy free cream cheese and a vegan whipped topping alternative as well. You may have to use less milk or more whipped topping in the mixture to get it to set up since regular pudding won’t set up with almond or soy milk.
I think that topping this cream pie with some crushed pistachios and cherries is a great idea but adding in a few chocolate shavings would be amazing too! I’ve seen some folks top their pistachio cream pies with some dole pineapple too, giving it a nice texture and flavor change and making it more like a watergate salad in a pie crust. Honestly, if you think it sounds good, go for it, you never know what cool idea might be the recipe your family requests over and over again.
If you can’t find Cool Whip, which is the brand name of whipped topping where you live or you prefer not to use it in recipes, you can use stabilized whipped cream instead. If you just use regular whipped cream, the consistency will be too light and the cream will not hold up very well after a while on the cake. It’s very simple to make your own stabilized whipped cream and it just takes a few minutes!
Read more about How to make Whipped Cream here!
To make stabilized whipped cream, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 ounces of cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream.
- Beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar and vanilla until soft and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream just until soft peaks form.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the whipped cream and beat until stiff peaks are formed. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
A little tip for making whipped cream faster. Use a metal bowl for whipping the cream and place the bowl in the freezer for about 30 minutes before you make the whipped cream. This will significantly decrease the amount of time that you will need to beat the whipped cream – the process will go much faster!
- Banana Cream Cheesecakes
- Homemade Boston Cream Pie
- Easy No Bake Cheesecake
- Sugar Cream Pie
- White Chocolate Cherry Cheesecakes
- Lemon Icebox Pie
- No Bake Peaches and Cream Pie
- Cherry Chocolate Cream Cheese Pie
- Rocky Road Cheesecake
- Mini No Bake Cheesecakes
- Banana Split Pie
- Berries and Cream Pie With Hot Fudge
- Cheesecake with Berries and Chocolate Ganache
- Skinny Pumpkin Cheesecake
With an incredibly Easy Pistachio Cream Pie like this one, you’ll never have to attend a party dessertless again. You and everyone else will enjoy the sweet and creamy no bake pistachio pudding cream pie so much that you’ll wish that you had doubled the recipe.