This Easy Mini Grasshopper Pie Recipe is one that anyone can make. It’s such a simple and easy dessert that hardly takes any effort and best of all, this is a Grasshopper pie without alcohol so even the kids can eat it!
This simple frozen grasshopper pie is one that we can enjoy all year round. While It would be great around St. Patricks day (because of the color) it’s great anytime you want a little minty ice cream and chocolate.
Making Grasshopper Pie With Ice Cream
I have tried a lot of Grasshopper pies with cool whip and Oreo cookie crusts, but I just love the pure simplicity of this recipe. With just 4 ingredients, I can have all of the Grasshopper pie with ice cream that I could ever want.
What Is Grasshopper Pie Traditionally Made With?
Technically, grasshopper pie is known for being an alcohol dessert made using a Creme de Menthe and marshmallow filling. We make this one a little differently so it’s completely pregnancy and child friendly!
How Much Pie Does This Recipe Make?
With this one recipe you can make an entire 9x13in pan, or if you want to cut the pie recipe in half, you can make 1 regular shelled pie and a dozen mini ones. You make the mini ones by using a muffin pan or a mini cheesecake pan like this one.
Easy Grasshopper Pie Ingredients
-1 pkg. Oreo cookies
-3 Tbsp. melted butter
-8 oz container thawed whipped topping
-1/2-1 gallon Mint ice cream
How to Make Grasshopper Pie
Crush 25 of the Oreo cookies. I used a blender, but you can place the cookies in a zip-lock bag and smash them with a hammer also. (I once knew a woman who would crush cookies by placing them in a zip-lock bag and then drive over them with her car…as long as the cookies get smashed, you can choose whatever method you want!)
Melt the butter and then combine it with the Oreo crumbs. Press the crumbs into the bottom of your pan to form a crust.
In a separate bowl, mix the ice cream with the whipped topping. I let my ice cream sit out on the counter for about 20 minutes before mixing – it is much easier if the ice cream is partially thawed. I used about 3/4 of the half gallon (since we ate a little bit the night before!), but you can use a little more or less.
Scoop the mixture into the pan, covering the crust and then freeze until ready to serve.
I broke up the remaining Oreo cookies by hand to get bigger pieces to sprinkle on the top. I like to top mine with caramel and whipped cream.
Easy Grasshopper Pie
- 1 pkg Oreo Cookies
- 3 tbsp Melted Butter
- 8 oz Container Whipped Topping thawed
- 1/2 -1 Gal Mint Ice Cream
- Crush 25 of the Oreo cookies. I used a blender, but you can place the cookies in a zip-lock bag and smash them with a hammer also.
- Melt the butter and combine with the Oreo crumbs. Press crumbs into the bottom of your pan to form crust.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ice cream with the whipped topping. I let my ice cream sit out on the counter for about 20 minutes before mixing - it is much easier if the ice cream is partially thawed.
- Scoop the mixture into the pan, covering the crust and then freeze until ready to serve.
- I broke up the remaining Oreo cookies by hand to get bigger pieces to sprinkle on the top. I like to top mine with caramel and whipped cream - enjoy!
Can I Make This Recipe Vegan?
If you can find a vegan version of mint chocolate ice cream and grab a container of coconut milk whipped topping, then it shouldn’t be hard to turn this easy grasshopper pie into a vegan friendly recipe. Just make sure you use plant based butter as well! *Oreos are naturally vegan.
Is This Recipe Gluten Free?
Unfortunately, as the recipe is currently, it is not gluten free. Oreos are filled with gluten, so in order to make this recipe gluten free, you will need to use a gluten free chocolate cookie to use as the crust.
If You Liked This Grasshopper Ice Cream Pie, Here’s Some Other Delicious Ice Cream Desserts You Should Try!
- Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Snow Ice Cream
- Quick Strawberry Ice Cream
- Raspberry Ice Cream Pie
- Peach Ice Cream
- Dirty Dr Pepper Cherry Ice Cream Float
- Layered Pumpkin Ice Cream Dessert
- Rice Krispie Ice Cream Cones
- Homemade Raspberry Jam Ice Cream (Dairy Free)