Turn your canned biscuits into an incredible appetizer with this cheesy biscuit wreath. Made with Grands flaky biscuits, cheese, seasonings, and butter, this is an easy & festive way to serve rolls!
No one expects a wreath of stuffed biscuits to be served up and this delicious savory dish is something you’ll enjoy not only for the “wow factor” but for the awesome flavors as well. This Grands biscuits recipe is an awesome recipe for the holidays and dinner parties.
Bread wreaths for Christmas
While you can go the extra mile of making bread wreaths from scratch, taking a shortcut and using Grands Flaky biscuits is a super simple and fast way to get your savory biscuit dish on the table sooner. We love the blend of buttery flaky goodness and I’m sure once you try it, you’ll be just as hooked!
Stuffed biscuit wreath ingredients
-Biscuits: You will need one 16.3 ounce sized can of Pillsbury Original Grands Flaky layers big biscuits.
-Cheese: Use 1 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese, or swap it out for Mozzarella or Colby Jack depending on what you have on hand.
-Seasonings: You will need a combination of teaspoon each of garlic powder and dry parsley flakes as well as two teaspoons of Italian seasoning.
-Butter: Use 3 tablespoons of melted butter. You can use salted or unsalted as both work fine.
How to make a Cheesy biscuit wreath
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and then set it aside.
Open your canned biscuits and separate the biscuits onto a cleaned surface.
Take each biscuit and carefully separate them in half so that you have 16 circles.
Add about 1 tablespoon of cheese onto the top of each biscuit.
In a small bowl combine the seasonings.
Add a pinch (⅛ teaspoon) of the seasoning mixture onto the top of the cheese on the biscuits.
For each circle of dough, close the circle in half so that it looks like a cannoli, pinch hard to seal.
Then take the end of the dough and bring it close to the middle where you pinched it and repeat the pinching. The dough should look like a small closed sack.
Flip the dough over onto a cleaned surface so that it is flat side up and repeat with all 16 pieces.
Place all of the balls into an arranged circle on your prepared baking sheet close enough together that they will become joined when baked.
Bruch the tops with butter and then sprinkle with the remaining herb mixture.
Cook in your preheated oven for 12-14 minutes or until the wreaths look nice and golden in color.
Serve warm & enjoy!
Stuffed Biscuit Wreath
- 16.3 oz Pillsbury Original Grands Flaky Layers big biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder onion powder is great as well
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- 2 teaspoons dry Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons salted butter melted (unsalted works just as fine)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Open the can of biscuits and on a clean surface separate the biscuits. Take each biscuit and carefully separate each in half. You should have 16 circles.
- Add approximately 1 tablespoon of shredded cheddar on each biscuit.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic powder, dry parsley and Italian seasoning together. Add ⅛ teaspoon (a pinch) of the seasoning on the top of the cheese.
- For each circle of dough (or half of the biscuits), close the circle in half, so it looks like a cannoli. Pinch hard. Then take one end and bring the dough close to the middle where you pinch the dough. Repeat for the other end. Pinch the dough firmly. I have a hot kitchen, so I need to make sure my dough is well closed. Repeat for all 16 biscuits.
- Flip the dough to a cleaned surface (so where you close the dough is now on the surface), I love using my pastry mat because it gives me a grip and roll the dough into balls
- Place all the balls into a circle on the prepared baking sheet, close enough so they will be joined together to form the wreath while cooking.
- Brush butter on top of all the balls and sprinkle the remaining herbs.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until the wreath is nice and golden. Serve and Enjoy!
What to serve with cheesy biscuit wreath
Serve this savory dish up with any meal and they’re sure to be a hit. Another great idea is to place them on the grazing table at a holiday party as they’re easy to pull apart and serve.
Can I use pre-shredded cheese or should I shred my own?
Either option will work fine. I like to shred my own cheese so it melts better, but store-bought shredded cheese will work just as well.
Do I need to put the spices in the biscuits and on top?
Absolutely not, you can omit all spices or add a pinch of salt on top. Either way, they are all excellent.
More appetizers and side dish recipes for the holidays
- CHICKEN PARMESAN APPETIZER
- SANDWICH APPETIZER SKEWERS
- CHEDDAR BISCUITS
- EASY LIL SMOKIES & MEATBALL APPETIZER
- EASY APPETIZER! VEGGIE CUPS W/ SPINACH DIP
- CREAM CHEESE FRUIT DIP
- CROCKPOT SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS
- SWEET POTATO BISCUITS
- BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN TENDERS
- ASPARAGUS CRESCENT ROLLS
- CHEESECAKE CHEESE BALL
- CINNAMON BISCUITS with HONEY BUTTER
This cheesy biscuit wreath is a perfect appetizer or side dish for your next holiday party. Made with simple ingredients and a few minutes of prep, it’s an easy and delicious recipe to enjoy for years to come.