Cheesy Bacon Creamed Corn combines the sweetness of corn with the richness of cream and the saltiness of bacon, creating a flavor explosion that is sure to please everyone’s taste buds. Whether you’re looking for easy side dishes for potluck or for a family dinner, bacon creamed corn is a great choice.
To make this baked corn recipe, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients, including corn, heavy cream, bacon, and cheddar cheese. The dish is then baked until golden brown and bubbly, creating a delicious and satisfying cheesy corn that everyone will love.
Corn Casserole with Bacon
Cheesy bacon creamed corn is a delicious and savory side dish that is perfect for any occasion. This dish is made with corn, heavy cream, cheese, and bacon, resulting in a rich and creamy texture that is sure to satisfy. Everyone in my family absolutely loves creamy corn side dishes like this HOMEMADE CREAMED CORN and SCALLOPED CORN CASSEROLE, but you have never had it like this before. It is so gosh darn tasty and no doubt will become an instant favorite in your family too!
One of the best things about cheesy bacon creamed corn is that it can be made ahead of time and reheated when ready to serve. This makes it a convenient and stress-free dish for busy weeknights or large gatherings. With its rich flavor and creamy texture, it is a crowd-pleaser that is perfect for any occasion.
Why we think you should try this recipe today!
- It is more than just a side dish. This is an amazing side dish to serve at any meal, but it also makes a spectacular dip! Either way, it will be a hit at your next get-together.
- It is versatile. You can use fresh or canned corn in place of the frozen corn. Or you can even spice it up with some diced jalapenos and cayenne pepper if desired. Feel free to play around with the ingredients to best match your main dish flavor.
- Minimal ingredients. We make this tasty side dish from scratch using only 10 ingredients, such as corn, salt, pepper, and cream. Easy and simple ingredients that you could have on hand already.
Corn: You will need 24-ounces of frozen corn for the base of this recipe. Feel free to use canned corn or even fresh corn stripped from the cob.
Butter: Use 4 TBSP of butter to help make this dish savory and rich in taste.
Salt and pepper: These seasonings are added to taste, meaning that you can add as much or as little as you would like.
Sugar: Add in 1 tsp. of granulated sugar to help enhance the dish’s flavors and cut down on any acidic flavors.
Heavy cream: For the creamy texture and base of this recipe, use 1 cup of heavy cream.
Scallions: You want 3 scallions for this dish, but also some additional sliced scallions to garnish the top.
Green chilies: Add in a bit of spice with one 4-ounce-sized can of chopped green chilies.
Bacon: For the savory flavor that we all know and love, use 8-10 slices of bacon. Make sure to cook it beforehand so it is ready to toss in when needed.
Cheese: You need 16-ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese, but you could also use pepper jack or your favorite cheese. You can’t go wrong with cheese, whatever your preference is will taste great.
How to make Cheesy Bacon Creamed Corn
Start by cooking your bacon to a nice crispy texture. I like to cook mine in the oven, it is easy and creates nice evenly cooked bacon pieces. You can accomplish this by baking at 350 degree F for about 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on it, every bacon slice cooks differently so be sure not to burn them. Check out full recipe for easiest way to cook bacon.
When the bacon is done, chop into bite sized pieces and set it aside.
Also, chop the scallions into small pieces and set aside for future use.
If you have an oven safe skillet, use that. If not, you will need an additional oven safe baking dish for this recipe as well.
In a skillet, over medium heat, combine the corn and butter and cook until the corn has thawed and the butter has melted. If you are using frozen corn, this will take 3-5 minutes. If you are using fresh or canned corn, it will take 2-3 minutes.
Next, add in the sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir together to combine.
Then, mix in the heavy cream, scallions, and green chilies. Stir to combine ingredients well.
Let the heavy cream thicken over medium heat for about 6-8 minutes.
After that, add in cooked chopped bacon pieces and ¾ of the shredded cheese. Stir together until the cheese has melted.
Then, top the creamed corn with the remaining cheese and place the entire skillet (if oven safe) into the oven. If needed, transfer the corn mixture to an oven safe baking dish at this time.
Proceed to broil on high for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and become slightly browned.
Garnish with some more sliced scallions and serve. Enjoy!
Possible Variations for Cream Corn Casserole
There are many ways to customize and experiment with the Cheesy Bacon Creamed Corn recipe to suit different tastes and dietary needs. Here are a few possible variations:
Vegan Version: To make a vegan version of this dish, simply replace the bacon with vegan bacon or omit it altogether. Substitute the heavy cream with coconut cream or cashew cream and use vegan cheese instead of cheddar. This version is just as creamy and flavorful as the original, but without any animal products.
Spicy Version: For those who like a little heat, add some diced jalapeños or crushed red pepper flakes to the recipe. This will give the dish a nice kick and balance out the richness of the cheese and cream. Be sure to adjust the amount of spice to your liking and keep in mind that the dish will become spicier as it cooks.
Herb-Infused Version: Experiment with different herbs to add a fresh and fragrant twist to the recipe. Try adding chopped fresh thyme, rosemary, or sage to the creamed corn mixture before baking. This will infuse the dish with a subtle herb flavor that complements the creamy and cheesy base. Alternatively, sprinkle some dried herbs over the top of the dish before baking for a crunchy and flavorful crust.
Cheesy Bacon Creamed Corn
- 24 oz frozen corn or canned
- 4 TBSP butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 scallions chopped plus more for garnish
- 4 oz can chopped green chiles
- 8-10 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese shredded
- Prep: Start by cooking your bacon to a nice crispy texture. I like to cook mine in the oven, it is easy and create snice evenly cooked bacon pieces. Check out this recipe for easiest way to cook bacon.
- When the bacon is done, chop into bite sized pieces and set aside. Also, chop the scallions into small pieces and set aside for future use.
- Corn Casserole: In a skillet, over medium heat, combine the corn and butter and cook until the corn has thawed and the butter has melted. If you are using frozen corn, this will take 3-5 minutes. If you are using fresh or canned corn, it will take 2-3 minutes. (NOTE: If you have an oven safe skillet, use that. If not, you will need an additional oven safe baking dish for this recipe as well.)
- Next, add in the sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir together to combine.
- Then, mix in the heavy cream, scallions, and green chilies. Stir to combine ingredients well. Let the heavy cream thicken over medium heat for about 6-8 minutes.
- After that, add in cooked chopped bacon pieces and 3/4 of the shredded cheese. Stir together until the cheese has melted.
- Bake: Then, top the creamed corn with the remaining cheese and place the entire skillet (if oven safe) into the oven. If needed, transfer the corn mixture to an oven safe baking dish at this time.
- Proceed to broil on high for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and become slightly browned.
- Garnish with some more sliced scallions and serve. Enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How to serve Bacon Creamed Corn?
This is a wonderful recipe made to be unique. Serve it up as a tasty side dish to perfectly complement your dinner, or serve it up with a bowl of tortilla chips and call it a tasty appetizer. I think this cream corn dish pairs well with a nice hearty red meat, like this butter pan fried steak. For an even tastier and complete meal, add in a baked potato or this amazing twice baked potato and call it a delicious dinner indeed! No matter how you serve this lovely dish, you are going to love it!
How long is cheesy bacon creamed corn good for?
This recipe is great for keeping stored in the fridge in a well-covered container for up to 3 days. This is, of course, assuming you have any leftovers.
Can I freeze leftover corn casserole?
Yes, you can place any leftover corn casserole into an airtight container and freeze it for up to 3 months. You can thaw it in the fridge overnight and reheat it just in time for dinner.
How can I make frozen or canned cream corn taste better?
Canned cream corn can be quite bland on its own, but there are a few things you can do to enhance its flavor. Adding some butter, salt, and pepper can help, as can mixing in some shredded cheese or crumbled bacon. You could also try adding some diced jalapeños or red pepper flakes for a bit of heat. Another option is to mix in some fresh corn kernels for added texture and flavor.
For more delicious side dishes, check out these recipes!
- SAUSAGE BAKED BEANS
- ORANGE JELLO SALAD
- MAPLE PECAN SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
- TWICE BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE
- BACON CHEDDAR DEVILED EGGS
- CREAMY PARMESAN POTATOES & PEAS
- GARDEN VEGETABLE CAPRESE SALAD
- EASY CHEESY GARLIC BREAD
- BEST MASHED POTATOES RECIPE
- CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE
- SMOKY INSTANT POT BAKED BEANS
- EASY GARLIC BUTTER PASTA
- BEST TEXAS CAVIAR RECIPE
- EASY SPANISH RICE
If you’re looking for the perfect side dish to bring to your next get-together then this cheesy bacon creamed corn recipe is it! Made with cheese, corn, cream, chilies, and bacon, every bite is bursting with flavor and comfort.