We are big fans of bacon at our house! I’ve tried every single way to cook it- I’ve pan fried it, baked it a variety of ways, heck I’ve even tried boiling it, which is something I don’t care to talk about if you don’t mind. (Suffice it to say it was an epic fail.) I always seem to come back to this basic way of cooking it, so I thought I’d share it with you all.
I got this pound of Brown Sugar Cured Bacon from Christiansen’s Family Farm here in Utah. If you’re local, be sure to check them out- they offer humanely treated, pasture raised, all natural meats including, Berkshire pork, Grass Fed Beef, and pastured poultry. It’s farm-to-table bacon at its best!
The flavor in this bacon was incredible! The saltiness of the bacon contrasted with the sweet tang of the brown sugar- yum!
On to my favorite way to cook bacon… no manning the hot stove, flipping, pressing and turning… nope, simply do this-
Oven Baked Bacon
- 1-lbs sliced bacon
- large piece of foil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet/ jelly roll pan with foil. Arrange bacon on baking sheet in a single layer. You can overlap slightly as the bacon will shrink while cooking.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your bacon. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels.
That’s it! Enjoy!
- You can overlap pieces if you need to, but just know that it will result in some pieces that are less cooked than others.
- I’ve baked my bacon on a cooling rack before (set on the pan, instead of the bacon directly on the pan) and have decided it’s just not worth the hassle. The rack gets very messy and is hard to clean, plus I don’t notice any difference in how the bacon tastes. If anything, I think cooking in straight on the pan lined with foil is faster!
- After a few rounds of oven baked bacon, you will have to run the oven cleaner. It’s totally worth it!
Need some new Breakfast Ideas? Here are several more Breakfast recipes:
Savory Breakfast Ideas:
- Protein Breakfast Wraps
- 3 Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Loaded Breakfast Burrito recipe
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Pockets
- Best Ham & Cheese Scrambled Eggs
- Easy Breakfast Nachos
- Savory Breakfast Rolls
- Fiesta Egg Bites recipe
- Ham & Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Sweet Breakfast Recipes:
- Easy 15-Minute Maple Bars
- Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Best Blueberry Muffin recipe
- Nutella Banana Muffins
- Apple Bread Pudding
- Berry Protein Pancake Bites
- Oatmeal Waffle recipe
- Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
- Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Cake recipe
- One Hour Orange Rolls
- Easy 15 Minute Donut Recipes
- Vanilla Butter Syrup recipe
- Perfect Crisp Belgian Waffles