The Easiest Way to Cook Bacon may be even easier than you think! With this simple bacon baked in oven recipe, you can have delicious crispy bacon without the hassle or mess!
We are huge bacon fans in my house and I have cooked it every way possible, but once I tried oven baked bacon I knew I had found the best method. There is no hot stove, no grease splatter or cleaning the stove afterwards, just incredible perfect baked bacon every time.
This recipe is the holy grail of bacon cooking. It is an easy two step process that results in perfect bacon every time and I can’t rave enough about it. With a baking sheet and some bacon, you too can make a batch of this oven baked bacon in no time! Make a big batch of crispy bacon for future recipes or for Saturday morning breakfast and you will never be disappointed. Give this bacon cooking method a try today transform the way you make this salty and savory dish.
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS EASY BACON RECIPE
Not that you need anymore convincing to give this recipe a try, but here are our top reasons why we love it so much and think you will too.
- You can make it in large batches. If you are hosting a brunch and need to make a large quantity of bacon, this is the method to do it. Or if you just love bacon and want a bunch of it, this is the easiest and fastest way to do it. Line a baking sheet or two, bake, and voila!
- Quick and simple. This recipe is made with just one ingredient and two pieces of equipment, both of which are basic kitchen items. You will never find yourself without the items to make this easy baked bacon recipe, which is good because it is AMAZING!
- Perfectly crispy. I have never had bacon as evenly cooked as I have with this recipe. It really does make making bacon so easy and the results are incredibly crispy and perfect bacon every time.
Oven Baked Bacon Ingredients
Bacon: Yes, we only need bacon to make our BACON recipe. So grab a package of your favorite bacon and get started!
Foil: While this is not an ingredient, it is a great tool to save you from even more messes later. Line a baking sheet with foil and the clean-up will be so simple!
Baking sheet: For the last item needed it is a simple one, a baking sheet or as some call it, a cookie sheet.
How to cook bacon in the oven
Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F. Then, line a baking sheet or jelly roll pan (something with sides) with foil.
Proceed to arrange the bacon strips in a single layer on the lined pan. The bacon can be touching on the sides, but try not to overlap the pieces. As the bacon bakes they will shrink, but if they are overlapping that spot won’t cook as crispy.
Continue to put the bacon in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the desired level of crispness has been reached. I typically set a timer for 10 minutes, then I rotate my baking sheet in the oven to ensure all sides cook evenly.
Once baking is complete, transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate to help drain excess grease.
Let the bacon cool for about 5 minutes, then serve and enjoy!
The Easiest Way to Cook Bacon
- 1 lbs sliced bacon
- Prep: Start by preheating the oven to 400degrees F. Then, line a baking sheet or jelly roll pan (something with sides)with foil.
- Proceed to arrange the bacon strips in a single layer on the lined pan. The bacon can be touching on the sides, but try not to overlap the pieces. As the bacon bakes they will shrink, but if they are overlapping that spot won't cook as crispy.
- Bake: Continue to put the bacon in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the desired level of crispness has been reached. I typically set a timer for 10 minutes, then I rotate my baking sheet in the oven to ensure all sides cook evenly.
- Once baking is complete, transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate to help drain excess grease. Let the bacon cool for about 5minutes, then serve and enjoy!
Is this baking method a healthier bacon option?
Yes, it actually is much healthier to make bacon in the oven because more grease and fat can be cooked off. So not only do you get an easier cooking process, but you also get a healthier piece of meat too! Win-Win if you ask me!
Do you have to flip bacon in the oven?
No you do not, that is the beauty of this recipe. Just lay the bacon on the sheet and let it be. No need to flip anything. This is just another reason why you will love this super simple and easy bacon cooking process.
How long is cooked bacon good for?
Cooked bacon will typically last up to 4-5 days, if stored in an airtight container or ziplocked bag in the refrigerator. You can also freeze it up to 1 month if desired. Also, you can save bacon grease in the fridge for up to 6 months and in the freeze for 9 months.
How do I know if my bacon is bad?
Like many foods, you can give it the smell test to determine if it has gone bad. If the uncooked bacon has an ammonia odor or smells sours, chances are it is bad. The color of the uncooked bacon is a good indicator too, if it is still pink in color with the fat being white or yellow, that is a good sign. But if the bacon looks slightly brown or gray, that is an indication is has spoiled. Don’t risk getting sick from bad bacon, it might ruin this delightful treat for you and that would be a shame.
Need some new Breakfast Ideas? Try these Breakfast recipes:
- Protein Breakfast Wraps
- 3 Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Loaded Breakfast Burrito recipe
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Pockets
- Best Ham & Cheese Scrambled Eggs
- Easy Breakfast Nachos
- Savory Breakfast Rolls
- Fiesta Egg Bites recipe
- Ham & Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Easy 15-Minute Maple Bars
- Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Best Blueberry Muffin recipe
- Nutella Banana Muffins
- Apple Bread Pudding
- Berry Protein Pancake Bites
The Easiest Way to Cook Bacon is so much easier than you think! With this bacon baked in oven recipe, you can have delightful crispy bacon without a lot of effort or mess!