Scalloped Corn Casserole is an easy side dish made with corn, eggs, cheese, butter & Ritz crackers. Perfect savory corn side that goes well with holiday dinners!
This delicious side dish is perfect for weekends and holidays alike and with how easy it is to make, you’ll find even more reasons to make it more often. It’s a comforting dish that’s synonymous with all the feelings of Home.
Scalloped Corn Casserole
This is a creamed corn casserole with crackers and is perfect for BBQs and get-togethers throughout the year. It can also make a pleasing appearance at your Christmas or Thanksgiving tables as well. Made with corn, crackers, and cheese every bite is a wonderful combination of flavor and textures.
Scalloped corn ingredients
–Cream corn: You will need 2 cans of creamed corn. By using creamed corn we eliminate the need for actual cream and still get a great corn flavor. (Did you know you can easily make your own Creamed Corn? It’s amazing!)
-Whole kernel corn: You can use canned, fresh grown, or even roasted corn but you will need about 1 can’s worth.
-Eggs: Use 2 eggs to help make this casserole a perfect texture.
-Butter: You will need ½ cup (one stick) of melted butter. You can use salted or unsalted depending on what you have on hand.
-Crackers: Use 2 cups of Ritz crackers or saltine crackers. This is roughly 1.5 sleeves.
-Parsley: You will also need 1 tablespoons of dried parsley.
-Cheese: Add in 1 cup of shredded cheese. Mild and sharp cheddar cheese both work great and even shredded pepper jack will work nicely if you want to give the casserole a kick.
How to make scalloped corn casserole
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×9 baking dish or 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine the cream corn, whole corn, eggs, and ¼ cup of melted butter in a large bowl.
Pour the corn mixture into the baking dish.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the top.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining butter with the crushed crackers and mix until they’re well combined.
Spread the crackers over the top of the cheese.
Place the pan in the oven and bake until bubbly and the top has browned. This should take about 30-40 minutes.
Remove and serve with your meal. Enjoy!
Scalloped Corn Casserole
- 29.5 oz cream style corn two 14 oz cans
- 14.5 oz whole kernel corn
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter melted, divided
- 2 cups ritz crackers crushed
- 1 tablespoon parsley dried
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray 9×9 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl combine cream corn, whole corn, eggs, and a ¼ cup melted butter.
- Pour corn mixture into the baking pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the top.
- In a small bowl combine remaining butter and crushed ritz crackers and mix till well combined.
- Spread the ritz mixture evenly over the cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake till bubbly and top has browned about 30-40 minutes
- Remove and serve with your meal. Enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Can I make scalloped corn in the slow cooker?
Yes! Just use nonstick spray along the bottom and sides so that the casserole doesn’t stick. Mix the ingredients together before placing them in the slow cooker and then set on high for 2-3 hours. Watch closely so that the sides don’t get too brown. Because of the egg in this recipe make sure the casserole is an internal temperature of 160° F to ensure doneness.
Can I turn scalloped corn into a meal?
Add in 2 cups of bite sized chunks of ham and use a large baking dish to accommodate the added ingredient and you’ll have yourself a wonderful meal.
Check out these other great casserole recipes
- CHEESY BAKED EGG CASSEROLE
- BUFFALO CHICKEN TATERTOT CASSEROLE
- CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE
- HASH BROWN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- CROCKPOT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
- CHEESY HASHBROWN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- CINNAMON ROLL FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
- CHEESY WILD RICE CASSEROLE
- SOUTHWEST BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- CHICKEN TORTILLA CHIP CASSEROLE
- HOLIDAY HAM & CHEESE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Delicious, bright, sweet corn and buttery comfort all together in each bite. This dish is a compliment to any meal. Most people think of a dish like this around the holidays, but it’s also amazing at a BBQ or brunch.
This looks delicious! I love corn and I love Ritz but have never put them together! Believe it or not. Thanks for this recipe.
The combination of salty, crunchy, and buttery goodness in every bite will. change. your. life.